Conor McGregor destroyed Donald Cerrone in 40 sec. Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TheSickness316

Conor McGregor destroyed Donald Cerrone in 40 sec. Saturday

Post by TheSickness316 »

Looking at Ariel Helwani's Twitter Account he talked about Conor's press conference in Russia. Here's what he tweeted

Conor will fight on January 18th in Las Vegas. No fighter has been mentioned, but the frontrunner for the fight is looking like Donald Cerrone.

Conor wanted to fight Frankie Edgar on the December 14th card but UFC said no.

Conor has a plan to fight 3 times this year. Fight on January 18th, wants the winner of Diaz vs. Mazvidal, and then the winner of Khabib vs. Ferguson. And if Khabib wins, Conor wants the rematch to happen in Russia.
TheSickness316

Conor vs. Cerrone at UFC 246

Post by TheSickness316 »

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/281 ... 246-jan-18

It will happen on January 18th and the weight will be 170!
TopNotch86

Re: Conor vs. Cerrone at UFC 246

Post by TopNotch86 »

i like conor a lot but i feel like you gotta be all in or all out in the fight game. hes playing with fire, taking layoffs like this.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:58 pm i like conor a lot but i feel like you gotta be all in or all out in the fight game. hes playing with fire, taking layoffs like this.
Wouldn't have been that much of a layoff, but things didn't work out this year. He was originally supposed to fight Cerrone this year, but it fell apart when UFC wouldn't make the fight the main event. He was apparently going to fight Justin Gaethje in New York, but then broke his hand. And he wanted to fight Frankie Edgar in December, but UFC said no.

If all goes well, Conor will fight 3 times in 2020. His plan was to fight in January, then face the winner of Masvidal vs. Diaz (which Masvidal won and is why I think the fight with Cerrone is at 170 and not 155) and then he wants the winner of Khabib vs. Ferguson. And if he gets the rematch with Khabib he wants the rematch to happen in Russia.
primeholy

Post by primeholy »

I think Cerrone is about done.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

primeholy wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:40 pm I think Cerrone is about done.
This won't be a cakewalk for Conor.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

4 weeks until this fight!
the13r
TTR

Re: Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone •Live@6:30pm•

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Can't wait for this tonight!
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

I do not watch MMA or UFS or whatever you call it....

...but I might just check the result of this one, only for the fact that Mr McGregor's fighting career did intersect with boxing at one point.
chef97

Re: Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone •NOW LIVE•

Post by chef97 »

I don't see the player in the living room for boxing or UFC... Anybody got a link to UFC?

Thanks!
Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

pm sent
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Post by Presteezh »

Can i get link too?
the13r
TTR

Re: Conor McGregor destroyed Donald Cerrone in 30 sec. Saturday

Post by the13r »

McGregor destroyed Cerrone
https://uploadir.com/u/54nn1tq8
the13r
TTR

Re: Conor McGregor destroyed Donald Cerrone in 40 sec. Saturday

Post by the13r »

Joe the best ever machine said McGregor was the best ever under pressure
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Those shoulder strikes were pretty badass. Like him or not McGregor puts on a show. 40 second KO. The King is back!
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Cerrone froze up again
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Conor is back!!!
primeholy

Post by primeholy »

TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 pm
:o
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

primeholy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:16 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:40 pm
:o
Yeah. Though I thought Conor would win, I wasn't expecting that.
NoPropaganda 253

You should've been. Cerrone is a serial choker. Reason why he was picked to build up the McTappy. Just a fucking deer in headlights if there is any spotlight on a fight. I do hope McGregor fights Masdival next. He will get out struck, sliced up and quit in some form and the build up will be entertaining as fuck.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:25 am You should've been. Cerrone is a serial choker. Reason why he was picked to build up the McTappy. Just a fucking deer in headlights if there is any spotlight on a fight. I do hope McGregor fights Masdival next. He will get out struck, sliced up and quit in some form and the build up will be entertaining as fuck.
Not to be beat like that though.

Conor vs. Masvidal is money especially since Conor wants to come back in May or June and if Khabib beats Tony in April, and he doesn't come back until the fall.
NoPropaganda 253

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:36 am
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:25 am You should've been. Cerrone is a serial choker. Reason why he was picked to build up the McTappy. Just a fucking deer in headlights if there is any spotlight on a fight. I do hope McGregor fights Masdival next. He will get out struck, sliced up and quit in some form and the build up will be entertaining as fuck.

Conor vs. Masvidal is money especially since Conor wants to come back in May or June and if Khabib beats Tony in April, and he doesn't come back until the fall.
Cerrone has disappointed me far too often to not expect that outcome. I mean, maybe he could've lasted another minute if would've tried any type of ground defense but the docile turtle, but g'damn Donald is consistent with failure once a fight is at a certain level of pressure. He is as game as it comes when it comes to stepping into the Octagon, but when that spotlight hits him, it's over.

I think if they want to make a Khabib rematch they will have to do that before a fight with Masdival, which would probably lead Conor to another boxing exhibition with either Manny or Floyd. He can get beat up in boxing and not lose the luster he would being handled by Masdival imo. I think for both COnor and the UFC maximizing revenue is the only goal and path for Mr. McGregor. You're going all in vs. either Masdival or Khabib. Tony might fuck it all up though. Should be interesting.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:43 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:36 am

Cerrone has disappointed me far too often to not expect that outcome. I mean, maybe he could've lasted another minute if would've tried any type of ground defense but the docile turtle, but g'damn Donald is consistent with failure once a fight is at a certain level of pressure. He is as game as it comes when it comes to stepping into the Octagon, but when that spotlight hits him, it's over.

I think if they want to make a Khabib rematch they will have to do that before a fight with Masdival, which would probably lead Conor to another boxing exhibition with either Manny or Floyd. He can get beat up in boxing and not lose the luster he would being handled by Masdival imo. I think for both COnor and the UFC maximizing revenue is the only goal and path for Mr. McGregor. You're going all in vs. either Masdival or Khabib. Tony might fuck it all up though. Should be interesting.
But that would mean having Conor waiting around for 9 or 10 months if Khabib beats Tony because of Ramadan. They need to keep him active.

Their best hope is Tony gets hurt. Lol
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I knew it would be a quick KO. There’s a reason they picked Cowboy for this fight. He got stopped in his last 2 fights before this one.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”