Lou DiBella confirms split with Deontay Wilder

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Lou DiBella confirms split with Deontay Wilder

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/11/12/ ... tay-wilder

With Deontay Wilder currently lined-up to take on Luis Ortiz on November 23, his longtime promoter Lou DiBella will be watching, but merely as a spectator as he confirms that he’s no longer working with the WBC heavyweight champion.

The split between the two doesn’t appear to be acrimonious though, just Wilder looking to take a little more control of his career with his ‘Bombzquad Promotions.’ And when DiBella was asked about the potential to work with Wilder in the future, the New Yorker admitted that that’s not currently in the plans.

“Right now, I’m not working with him.

“That’s frankly not up to me but there are no immediate plans for me to continue working with him.”

DiBella would also continue by saying that he still strongly favors Wilder to win this rematch as he believes Wilder is improving while Ortiz is just getting older.

“I think that Luis Ortiz remains dangerous, he’s got a big punch, he’s a lefty but he’s not getting any younger. He wasn’t young when he started.”

That, of course, is just the general sentiment of this Wilder-Ortiz rematch, which was an agenda that Wilder and his team were pushing more so than any of the fans out there.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Lou DiBella confirms split with Deontay Wilder

Post by gilgamesh »

It's news to me that he was working with him before lol.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”