Don Cherry out at Hockey Tonight

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
yoloswaggy911

Don Cherry out at Hockey Tonight

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Apparently over a rant about 'you people come here for our milk and honey' and not wearing a Poppy on Remembrance Day.
yoloswaggy911

Re: Don Cherry out at Hockey Tonight

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Last edited by yoloswaggy911 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

He has said worst than that... I think he has been fired for the whole career of bad declarations not related to hockey... But he was popular and knew his hockey.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

Don Cherry is 85 years old. A lot of people that age either don't care at all what other people think about what they say or are just incapable of having a filter.

They say whatever pops into their mind and have a hard time stopping themselves from saying it.

It also becomes more difficult for a person to put into words their actual thoughts. When you listen closely to the way he said it, it was rambling and he didn't even coherently complete full sentences.

It was almost like he knew the words he wanted to say but couldn't get them out. He's like a shot fighter that couldn't pull the trigger on a power punch.

I think what you saw that night was a man whose age has caught up with him. He couldn't put into words in a coherent way what the thoughts in his head were. In the past he would have been able to express that thought in a way that would have been less offensive. I don't think his mind is capable of doing that anymore.

Regardless, I think he'll go down as a guy that spoke his mind and didn't apologize for his opinions which is extremely rare for a public figure these days.
You could agree or disagree with his views, but I don't think I've ever seen him waver from them and I'm a person that disagrees with a lot of things that he has said in the past.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Slippery Pete II wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:53 am Don Cherry is 85 years old. A lot of people that age either don't care at all what other people think about what they say or are just incapable of having a filter.

They say whatever pops into their mind and have a hard time stopping themselves from saying it.

It also becomes more difficult for a person to put into words their actual thoughts. When you listen closely to the way he said it, it was rambling and he didn't even coherently complete full sentences.

It was almost like he knew the words he wanted to say but couldn't get them out. He's like a shot fighter that couldn't pull the trigger on a power punch.

I think what you saw that night was a man whose age has caught up with him. He couldn't put into words in a coherent way what the thoughts in his head were. In the past he would have been able to express that thought in a way that would have been less offensive. I don't think his mind is capable of doing that anymore.

Regardless, I think he'll go down as a guy that spoke his mind and didn't apologize for his opinions which is extremely rare for a public figure these days.
You could agree or disagree with his views, but I don't think I've ever seen him waver from them and I'm a person that disagrees with a lot of things that he has said in the past.
BIll Burr has a great skit on this

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”