BJS & Haney won Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: BJS & Haney won Saturday

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I did criticize Reiss. It should NOT have been a knockdown because you correctly pointed out the holding and hitting. He called a knockdown then penalized for a foul

He missed a knockdown earlier too in a previous round. That's a bad night in a 6 round fight
NoPropaganda 253

Re: BJS & Haney won Saturday

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:11 pm I did criticize Reiss. It should NOT have been a knockdown because you correctly pointed out the holding and hitting. He called a knockdown then penalized for a foul

He missed a knockdown earlier too in a previous round. That's a bad night in a 6 round fight
Fair enough my friend. At least he let those in clinch hammer fists fly :)

Looks like there's a reality show Fury willing to step up to the You Tube Champion Challenge:
Tommy Fury Eyes KSI Challenge In 2020
By Elliot Foster Published On Mon Nov 11, 2019

Tommy Fury has set his sights on a showdown with KSI in 2020.

The undefeated light-heavyweight, who fights for the first time since appearing on Love Island next month, reacted to the YouTuber’s win over Logan Paul last weekend by calling him out.

Fury watched KSI win on points against his American rival at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, exclusively live on Sky Sports Box Office, DAZN and Fite TV, and has spoken out regarding a potential fight between the pair in the aftermath.

"This time next year hopefully we will have a big fight," Fury, who is out at London's Copper Box Arena on December 21, told BT Sport. "I've heard he wants to continue fighting so if he wants a real fight, he knows where I am.”

The fight between KSI and Logan Paul was watched by an audience of millions, with promoter Eddie Hearn describing the numbers surrounding the event as “mind-blowing”, and 20-year-old Fury –– who is trained by Ricky Hatton and was last in action at the Morningside Arena in Leicester in March before entering the aforementioned reality TV show –– has hinted at maybe taking up the challenge against the 26-year-old Londoner.

“I watched his fight at the weekend and I thought he did very, very well, showing great heart. It takes a true man to get in the ring.

"I do not want to be another reality TV star that has been and gone. I want to build on that platform. I’ve heard KSI want to keep fighting and I’m a young kid myself. If you want to get it on, you know where the phone is –– give me a call!”

Fury’s return will form part of the supporting cast to Daniel Dubois as the London heavyweight challenges for the vacant WBC Silver title in a defence of his WBO International belt against Japan’s Kyotaro Fujimoto.

Further details regarding the card, which is expected to see Sunny Edwards vie for the vacant British super-flyweight title against English champion Marcel Braithwaite, will be revealed in due course.
https://www.boxingscene.com/tommy-fury- ... 20--144194

If they offer the next installment at half the price of last Saturday's event, me thinks Honest Eddie can boast about breaking even those "mind blowing" numbers. Get one of those muscled up Kangaroos to take on the surfer kid and his brother on the co-main and it could be bonkers :)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”