Two Things I Took Away From Last Nights Card

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Slippery Pete II

Two Things I Took Away From Last Nights Card

Post by Slippery Pete II »

#1 - A prime Manny Pacquiao would beat a prime Errol Spence from pillar to post. You can't get hit as much as Spence did last night and survive the whirlwind that was the Pacman in his prime, just no way.
Porter fought a very good, awkward style and Pac was just much better at it in his prime.

#2 - The bell for the main event rang around 1230pm EST. Come on man, no other sport STARTS at 1230pm EST, 930 PT. It's damn ridiculous.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Two Things I Took Away From Last Nights Card

Post by gilgamesh »

Yeah they dude need to have it on at a better time. Middle of the night is just stupid. It's one thing when it's being broadcasts from oversees, but it's freaking late at night even for the people in the damn building?

Almost like they're trying to bring back the days when Boxing was something you had to do under cover of darkness away from the prying eyes of the law :lol:
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Pac would get fucking destroyed by Spence. You are nuts.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

5_burowz wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:42 pm Pac would get fucking destroyed by Spence. You are nuts.
I said a prime Pac mows down a prime Spence. The Pac of today wouldn't have much of a chance vs the Spence of today
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

5_burowz wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:42 pm Pac would get fucking destroyed by Spence. You are nuts.
The Pac that beat Cotto would put a savage beating on Spence.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Pacquiao is a top 10 to 20 fighter ever. Spence is just entering his prime. Who cares if a prime Pacquiao beats him at this point? Prime Pacquiao beats damn near everyone in history
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

One thing I took from the fight was that it’s going to be difficult to beat Spence on the cards. I thought Porter could have gotten the decision but I do think the result was fair enough. My concern is that the cards were such that if Porter, instead of losing the last 2 rounds and being knocked down, had won the last two rounds. Porter still would not have won.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I didnt see porter winning 7 rounds. I thought at most he won 6 and at the least 4. The house fighter seemed to get all the swing rounds on 2 cards which is the life of the red corner fighter
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

as good as Spence is throwing to the body up close, I feel like it would cost him against Budd. Stay outside and pick him off, if he lets Budd inside I like Budd's more compact and quicker shots inside.

also again, why tf does Garcia get a shot at Spence; even Thurman who just lost deserves it more
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Thurman is hurt again
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

i think Pac would struggle with the likes if floyd at any time in his career, and i think the same thing about him fighting Leonard or Tommy Hearns.

other than that, there arent many at welter i would favor to beat Pac.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”