CANELO KTFO KOVALEV in the 11th Round Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ForceFed_231

Re: CANELO KTFO KOVALEV in the 11th Round Saturday

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Never seen Kovalev so happy in my life to lose a fight. He just went through a tough fighter and big puncher in Elieder Alvarez and survive against a pretty big and strong fighter in Yarde to be put on queer street by a fighter who wasn't known as a big puncher at 154 or 160. I guess it was all the added muscle to Canelo. I've never ever posted that a fight was fixed, but damn there was just too much hand shaking and glove touching for me in this fight. Kovalev has never been known as a nice guy, but boy he was all too nice before, during and after the fight. If Kovalev fights again or somehow gets a title shot at Beterbiev, he shouldn't last more than a round or two. If he does and puts up a decent fights, well then draw your own conclusions on this one. Because Canelo won't go near Beterbiev, unless Beterbiev gets a 20 million payday. Money talks and bullshit runs the marathon - Nino Brown.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

A fight Canelo deserves no credit for.
elterrible

Post by elterrible »

I didn't particularly care who won. The first thing i said after i saw that knockout was that fight was fixed. It reminded me of peter mcneely saying a punch "hit a nerve".
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

elterrible wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:49 am I didn't particularly care who won. The first thing i said after i saw that knockout was that fight was fixed. It reminded me of peter mcneely saying a punch "hit a nerve".
IDK, but like said Kovalev was way too nice for my taste in this fight. If Canelo is so great, let's see him fight Beterbiev. Like I said that fight won't happen unless Beterbiev gets $20 million and suffers a similar fake as Kovalev.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Buddy mcgirt legendary stupid ass trainer strikes again

Canelo took care of business. He was given all the close rounds as usual. Kovalev should retire
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Kovalev chin is awful and mentally and physically he doesnt fight like he use to. Those people thinking he was going to come and bomb out canelo havent been paying attention. I give canelo credit for coming forward I thought he was back up and counter the first half. As I said it was a calculated risk. Callum Smith and bivol are easier fights to make and they never mention those names for a reason
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Canvas wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:19 am lol. of course. a fix.

I knew there would be butthurt if Canelo managed to pull it off, but this is next level.

I thought Kov would win. That was a historic come from behind KO imo.
I could Smell it in the air from the beginning
posted Sept 13th
marciano1952 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:28 pm This fight has funny Business written all over it......If all is Fair Kovalev wins handedly IMO.....But Fair isnt Boxing....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Weird to me how kov never really threw his right cross when he had plenty of chances... He was happy to just use the left and circle rinse repeat... Not sure if the fix was in but it sure seemed that way...
Chef
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He cant take a punch. His chin has always been weak and gotten worse. He got stretched by elieder Alvarez who's no puncher. When he opened up he got countered by one of the best fighters in boxing. I thought he should have stepped into his jab rather than range find

Kovalev cant find inside... never could. It was why canelo chose him. Props for stopping him I didnt think canelo had a realistic shot at that
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Props to g'damn Canelo. He did his thing. I felt bad for both fighters and the fans that attended this event with that foolish damn near 2 hour stall out for the main event over an MMA fight. Had to be aggravating for the folks that ante'd up to see the light heavyweight clash not to mention the fighters getting warmed up and cooling down repeatedly.

As far as the action, terrible execution of what could have been a decent game plan from Team Kov. Pop the jab, but put something on it and follow it up with varying shots, if that's the path. I understand controlling range with the jab, but it was hard to watch Killer fight like the smaller man from the get go. Really nice KO from Canelo, but it looked like Killer wanted out and was complaining to McGirt of being tired after the 7th round. Still, props. He called for the fight and executed.

Canelo will have his picking opponents from 165(2020 Caneloweight) to 175. I still can't forget about that positive drug test just yet, but Canelo continues to improve. Gotta tip the cap.

Kovalev should retire, but he won't because he's due 2 guaranteed 7 figure "comeback" fights since he lost to Canelo per his contract with DAZN. No guaranteed purses from DAZN if he had won.
NoPropaganda 253

stunna 2.0 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:21 am I picked canelo to stop kovalev the day this fight was announced I wish I would've taken noprops bet and took hi money
Gotta roll those dice next time, Stunnamane. Nice call. 2019 has not been my year. I've been mush for the most part.

ImageImage
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

I don’t get the “dive” tin foil hatters. Yea kov has stood up to bigger punchers, but sometimes you just get hit on the button. The first shot gave him jelly legs the 2nd put the lights out. If he was gonna dive He could’ve just went down on one of the body shots. You don’t actually get KTFOd when taking a dive lol. That being said Kov looks shot. His confidence is gone. He fought like he was in there with a giant. I get keeping the distance but he should have done more to impose his will on the smaller man.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yeah you can work behind a stiff jab and keep distance like wlad not jab off your back foot with no power as a range finder

Mcgirt is garbage. He told a blind lamon Brewster to box wlad klitschko from distance. He is the only trainer I would trust myself to come up with a better gameplan then.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Also those of you putting money on kovalev were on a fools errand. Despite seemingly winning rounds the judges had him behind. He needed to seriously beat up and stop canelo to win. Even his dope trainer said the judges probably had him behind because they were in vegas
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:20 am Also those of you putting money on kovalev were on a fools errand. Despite seemingly winning rounds the judges had him behind. He needed to seriously beat up and stop canelo to win. Even his dope trainer said the judges probably had him behind because they were in vegas
My guess is people bet on Kovalev because they thought he'd get the knockout.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 amhe's due 2 guaranteed 7 figure "comeback" fights since he lost to Canelo per his contract with DAZN. No guaranteed purses from DAZN if he had won.
:?:
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yeah maybe they had the imagine of him drilling Pascal in their heads but he isnt that fighter anymore. He stopped yarde because yarde was exhausted
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I thought all things considered, quick turn around, 36 years old and not fully hydrated, Kovalev looked good. I had it even after 10.
It was a legit ko, no way anyone could fake that well.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:31 am Yeah maybe they had the imagine of him drilling Pascal in their heads but he isnt that fighter anymore. He stopped yarde because yarde was exhausted
And Yarde almost stopped him. The only things I can think of is they thought Kovalev was winning by knockout since we saw judges will give Canelo (since being the cash cow) the benefit if he makes it all 12 rounds or the odds were just too good and they couldn't not bet on him.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Kov isn't the man he used to be - exactly the reason Canelo fought him. He doesn't have the energy or the power he used to. He was always going to struggle late on.

This aint no fix. He got knocked out.

Now lets see GGG 3, Callum Smith or BJS.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

If you think Canelo beating up on an old, past it, Kovalev was bad...why in the world would anybody want to see him beat up on GGG?

Smith, Bivol, BJS, or Andrade, are the fights to make.
NoPropaganda 253

marciano1952 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:31 am
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:08 amhe's due 2 guaranteed 7 figure "comeback" fights since he lost to Canelo per his contract with DAZN. No guaranteed purses from DAZN if he had won.
This was from today per Fatter, but I know we discussed this on the board previously.
'
According to my sources, his deal for the fight with Alvarez included two guaranteed comeback fights on DAZN for set seven-figure license fees in the event of a loss.
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ad-kovalev
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:34 pm If you think Canelo beating up on an old, past it, Kovalev was bad...why in the world would anybody want to see him beat up on GGG?

Smith, Bivol, BJS, or Andrade, are the fights to make.
He wouldn't beat up on GGG.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:51 pm
marciano1952 wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:31 am
This was from today per Fatter, but I know we discussed this on the board previously.
'
According to my sources, his deal for the fight with Alvarez included two guaranteed comeback fights on DAZN for set seven-figure license fees in the event of a loss.
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ad-kovalev
Am I the only one who finds this suspicious??

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”