CANELO KTFO KOVALEV in the 11th Round Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
NoPropaganda 253

Re: CANELO vs KOVALEV Saturday

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

I don't see the Canelo KO many are calling for. AT all. He may win on the cards, especially if he can counter Killer's jab, getting the usual Canelo bump in swing rounds from judges, but he has become a point scorer, happy to cruise to victory and on to his next payday, and for a minute now, with the exception of fights vs. the glass face'd/torso'd Brits in Kahn and Fielding. Ya, Killer is past it, but his jab and spacing are still upper tier and weight classes matter. I expect this one to be controversial.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

canelo looks a bit slow with the extra weight. i think hed be better off coming in lighter and maintaining his speed and stamina advantage. id probably bet on kovalev due to the value of these wide odds but wouldnt be shocked if canelo won due to kovalevs age and falloff. i just dont see how kov is like a 4-1 dog here. prime kovalev this isnt even a fight. still a pretty big challenge for canelo due to the massive size advantage. should be a good scrap
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 am canelo looks a bit slow with the extra weight. i think hed be better off coming in lighter and maintaining his speed and stamina advantage. id probably bet on kovalev due to the value of these wide odds but wouldnt be shocked if canelo won due to kovalevs age and falloff. i just dont see how kov is like a 4-1 dog here. prime kovalev this isnt even a fight. still a pretty big challenge for canelo due to the massive size advantage. should be a good scrap
Odds are out there a little. I was just watching some of Killer's older fights, Campillo, Thompson and Boone II and damn was Kovalev able slice those guys up. Especially Campillo. His punches were so sharp and he was so heavy handed, even his jab was a power punch. When he put Campillo on queer street in the 3rd round, it was a left jab fired from Kovalev's that snapped Campillo's head and was the beginning of the end for him. Campillo was coming off two losses, both fights he should've won. Kiiler was throwing really nice combo's in that fight, now it appears that he has to conserve energy and fire a jab and occasion right hand. Although that strategy was pretty brilliant vs Yarde, Killer jabbed to the body well and was landing some good rights and wore Yarde down.

If Killer can get his jab going early and start working the body, he might be able to wear Canelo down and maybe not stop Canelo, but slow him down enough to win a decision. Or if Killer lands something big early and hurts Canelo and gets his respect, Canelo might not be aggressive and get outworked. I want Kovalev to win by KO, but at this stage of the game for Killer that might be asking too much. We'll see and that's what makes this a pretty damn good match-up. Kudos to Canelo for stepping up and taking on a past his prime, but still dangerous opponent. Can't wait until tomorrow night.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He deserves credit. But just like Roy didnt face Lennox canelo isnt facing bivol or callum Smith (easy dazn fights to make)

He chose and old warrior on short rest to get his title belt. It's a calculated risk for sure
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

TopNotch86 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:31 am canelo looks a bit slow with the extra weight. i think hed be better off coming in lighter and maintaining his speed and stamina advantage. id probably bet on kovalev due to the value of these wide odds but wouldnt be shocked if canelo won due to kovalevs age and falloff. i just dont see how kov is like a 4-1 dog here. prime kovalev this isnt even a fight. still a pretty big challenge for canelo due to the massive size advantage. should be a good scrap
I agree. I have Canelo by KO as the favorite, but I think the size difference is going to be staggering and give Kovalev a (slightly) better than 1/4 chance, I put down a small bet for him.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I see Golden Boy has Corny Cobbs on the undercard. There will be some serious cringe moments there.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

185 pound same day weight limit apparently
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Canvas wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm I see Golden Boy has Corny Cobbs on the undercard. There will be some serious cringe moments there.

You'll hear plenty about his life story and all... famous for the story... skills not sure...
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Rooting for killer kov but if it goes to the score cards Canelo wins by UD....
Chef
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Kovalev took multiple attempts to make weight....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

That's not a good sign at all IMO
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I read that he got an hour to leave and make the weight, but only took 3 minutes and was back at 175.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Tocsin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 pm I read that he got an hour to leave and make the weight, but only took 3 minutes and was back at 175.
quick trip to the toilet and voilà
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

Tocsin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:08 pm I read that he got an hour to leave and make the weight, but only took 3 minutes and was back at 175.
Ah ok, I thought he was missing weight multiple times.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

FightFanAL wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:41 pm
Ah ok, I thought he was missing weight multiple times.
He did, but the second attempt was just him taking his boxers off and coming heavy naked right after the first attempt. Then he left and came back to make it the third time.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I don’t think the second day weigh in is a big deal. I think with McGirt, Kovalev is weighing in under 185 anyway but is Canelo the most bald faced liar in the sport today?
NoPropaganda 253

chef97 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:29 pm Rooting for killer kov but if it goes to the score cards Canelo wins by UD....
Big Chef! Hope all is well man
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:50 am
chef97 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:29 pm Rooting for killer kov but if it goes to the score cards Canelo wins by UD....
Big Chef! Hope all is well man
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Thanks for posting the weigh-in Astor... After watching it Canelo looks juiced and killer kov could be in deep doo doo.... But if killer kov can dictate pace with his jab and take it to the championship rounds kov could get to Canelo's gas tank which could be suspect after this weight gain.... I'm excited for this fight now and hope to see all the regs on the chat later... 8)
Chef
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: CANELO vs KOVALEV •Live@6:30pm•

Post by Primetyme199 »

Tocsin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:27 pm 185 pound same day weight limit apparently

Canelo vs. Kovalev has rehydration clause in contract

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2019/11/ca ... m=facebook
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Kovalev delt with it as IBF champion, but i still dont like the principle of it when a fighter wants it in the contract....however Kovalev agreed so....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Primetyme199 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 am
Tocsin wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:27 pm 185 pound same day weight limit apparently

Of course he has to have this clause. Fucking pathetic.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

must be pretty hard on kov who must walk around 200lbs
NoPropaganda 253

Primetyme199 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:35 am

Princesses gonna princess

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”