CANELO KTFO KOVALEV in the 11th Round Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
TopNotch86

Re: Canelo vs Kovalev

Post by TopNotch86 »

straycat wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm Ya I dont see Canelo standing upright at the end of any these bouts.
i dont see any of them stopping canelo. beat him? sure but hes not getting KOd by them most likely the kids got a solid beard and its not like hes a punching bag in there. hes got some solid boxing skills of his own. theyd all be entertaining scraps
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Based

Post by Based »

Kovalev is at his last stand. From what I see, he is still one of the best fighters on earth. He has the skills to beat damn near anyone in his weight class. I'd consider Kov vs Canelo 60-40 in favor of Kov. That size advantage will hurt Canelo. Kovalev has more fight in him and talent than the Canelo teams thinks. He may not win this fight unless he survives to 12 and the refs give him the fight again. Kovalev will beat him.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:17 pm
straycat wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:02 pm Ya I dont see Canelo standing upright at the end of any these bouts.
i dont see any of them stopping canelo. beat him? sure but hes not getting KOd by them most likely the kids got a solid beard and its not like hes a punching bag in there. hes got some solid boxing skills of his own. theyd all be entertaining scraps
Here is a KO vid of Tommy, Duran was known as a pretty durable guy with a tough beard untill Tommy waxed his ass. A lot of these are south of 160 but Tommy went as high as 175 and still carried his KO power.

https://youtu.be/Lvh9rYN4MHo
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Here is a short clip of The Beast, prior to his bout with Hagler he was undefeated all his bouts KO.
https://youtu.be/lQqu4NeCGZQ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Post by straycat »

Hagler held up well in a war of attrition with Mugabi and what else can be ssid about thee most exciting 3 rounds in the sport.

https://youtu.be/D4VZSkRdnyQ

Now TN do tell me what you see in Canelo thst would leave you to believe he would end a fight against either of these guys on his feet provided a prime/prime scenario?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

I heard Canelo is a 4 to 1 favorite. That sounds a bit much, no?
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

USMILMAN wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:59 am I heard Canelo is a 4 to 1 favorite. That sounds a bit much, no?
It definitely is high. I think the odds will continue to go in Canelo's favor as his fan base will be putting in a lot of retail bets. I can see this going above 5 to 1 for Canelo for a time. I am curious if professional betters will bet on Kov and bring that down here and there. Going to follow the trail to see how this goes. Definitely worth putting some money on.

Canelo is setting up to be a bigger favorite against Kov than GGG is in his fight.
TheUltimateFan

Post by TheUltimateFan »

What do the Bookies know that we don't?
USMILMAN

Post by USMILMAN »

TheUltimateFan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 pm What do the Bookies know that we don't?
Right. Even if the common fan has flooded bets on Canelo, he opened as the strong favorite. Vegas is usually spot on.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

This fight has funny Business written all over it......If all is Fair Kovalev wins handedly IMO.....But Fair isnt Boxing....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Canelo tweeted that it's official for Nov 2
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

TheUltimateFan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 pm What do the Bookies know that we don't?
That theres no way in hell Canelo loses a decision would be my guess.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Gotta give Canelo credit, the guy has some stones, and is not afraid to take a risk. There is no catch weight, or funny weight games, either. But I think Canelo gets handled rather easily, and probably stopped. Don't be fooled...this is a mismatch.
Last edited by Hillsinitialrebirth on Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It's true, you can call him a princess, but Kovalev, GGGx2, Jacobs, Cotto, Lara, Floyd, Trout is a very good group.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Let's wait and see if there's a rehydration clause or not.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

The legend continues.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 pm Gotta give Canelo credit, the guy has some stones, and is not afraid to take a risk. There is no catch weight, or funny weight games, either. But I think Canelo gets handled rather easily, and probably stopped. Don't be fooled...this is a mismatch.
If this is true then that's a very good bet. BUT what makes you think there won't be any "funny weight games"? I mean other than Golovkin, who has Canelo fought without any of those??

(addendum)
just checked the odds...You can take Kovalev at +350.

I gotta find out about the second day weigh-in. These are great odds.
Last edited by Cagiva9 on Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:21 pm Gotta give Canelo credit, the guy has some stones, and is not afraid to take a risk. There is no catch weight, or funny weight games, either. But I think Canelo gets handled rather easily, and probably stopped. Don't be fooled...this is a mismatch.
I've read no catchweight, but no confirmation that there isn't a rehydration clause. If the fight is on the up and up, I think Killer beats Princess in the ring.
Hillsinitialrebirth

If this is true then that's a very good bet. BUT what makes you think there won't be any "funny weight games"? I mean other than Golovkin, who has Canelo fought without any of those??
I'm hoping that since there's no catch weight, then there won't be a hydration clause. There is no mention of one as of yet.

Canelo fought Jacobs without restrictions. Didn't Jacobs just blow off the weight clause like he did against GGG? He fought Trout at 154, before he made up his magical 155 weight class. GGG twice, as you mentioned. And against Floyd, he was on the receiving end of "weight games".
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm
I'm hoping that since there's no catch weight, then there won't be a hydration clause. There is no mention of one as of yet.

Canelo fought Jacobs without restrictions. Didn't Jacobs just blow off the weight clause like he did against GGG? He fought Trout at 154, before he made up his magical 155 weight class. GGG twice, as you mentioned. And against Floyd, he was on the receiving end of "weight games".
I think Jacobs put on all the weight he thought he could afford. The 3.6 lbs he was over cost him a cool million. The weight restriction against Jacobs was imposed by Canelo, IBF dropped the second day weigh in for unification fights.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:58 pm

He did fight Jacobs with restrictions because the rehydration clause in the contract was put in by Canelo. It wasn't done by a sanctioning body like when Jacobs fought GGG.

I think he did the same thing against Fielding.
Hillsinitialrebirth

He did fight Jacobs with restrictions because the rehydration clause in the contract was put in by Canelo. It wasn't done by a sanctioning body like when Jacobs fought GGG.

But the actual fight with Jacobs, went on without Jacobs being restricted by weight, that was my point. Jacobs blew it off. Jacobs blew off the sanctioned weight restriction against GGG, and people were complaining about that.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:40 pm

But the actual fight with Jacobs, went on without Jacobs being restricted by weight, that was my point. Jacobs blew it off. Jacobs blew off the sanctioned weight restriction against GGG, and people were complaining about that.
Because Canelo got paid extra, that's why. And the reason people complained about Jacobs with GGG is because that weight restriction is mandated by the IBF. This weight restriction in the Canelo fight was only in the contract because Canelo had it put in there.

And you're giving Canelo credit for something he shouldn't be given credit for, because he's the reason there was a rehydration clause in the 1st place. It's like giving a guy credit for putting out a fire when he's the one who started the fire.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:40 pm

Might have been your point but it seems very unlikely that he “blew it off”. I think he did his best to come in as close to 170 as he could and still be able to fight.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”