Pac is a champion again! What possible match ups does this create? Pac-Floyd II?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

Pac is a champion again! What possible match ups does this create? Pac-Floyd II?

Post by Peat56 »

If you're Floyd Mayweather watching at home (which I'm sure he did), and you're missing the limelight, the multi-hundred million dollar pay day, etc, etc, then you might be thinking about a rematch with Manny Pacquaio.

Over the past few years, Floyd has sent out signals that indicate he has considered a comeback.

Would surprise me in the least of Floyd Mayweather started looking at this.

It would be lucrative for both men. A chance for Pac to end on a win and go out on top (not that I would predict that) and a chance for Floyd to be great again.

Look for a trial balloon about this in the coming weeks.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: Pac is a champion again! What possible match ups does this create? Pac-Floyd II?

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Floyd was at the fight.

I don't want to see Floyd fight again. I don't want to see Manny and Floyd fight again. Hell...I don't want to see Manny fight again(especially against Spence). He should just ride off into the sunset with his great victory last night.
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Pac is a champion again! What possible match ups does this create? Pac-Floyd II?

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He isnt a champion. Let's all agree we are above these false titles here. Nit picking by me but let's start ignoring these bullshit titles here

Garcia is fine by me. Manny shouldn't fight Spence. Floyd.... who cares
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Please no
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I would like to see Pac either get the rematch with TUE, or retire. Last night was a perfect note to end his career on. He shouldn't be absorbing punches from these young men anymore. Floyd would be worth the payday but that is it.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am He isnt a champion. Let's all agree we are above these false titles here. Nit picking by me but let's start ignoring these bullshit titles here

I think he Def has the Best Claim of any of them at the Moment.....Thurman Has Wins over Garcia and Porter
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

LOL shows the rest of the division has been hiding from Pac for a while, Dude is a fucking savage.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

The first fight was too late to mean much. A second fight with both fighters over 40 would mean absolutely nothing legacy-wise. That said, it would be better than either of Floyd’s last 2 “fights” and might even make more money.

Kept in proper perspective, why not? It would be an event.
BadlyBrowned
______

Post by BadlyBrowned »

if I'm Pac I chill until Spence-Porter happens, show up, and root like hell for Porter to score the upset. If he does, meet him in the ring and challenge him right then and there.

Also, fk fighting Floyd again, nobody wanna see that again even if Floyd wanna come out for a paycheck
mofo2

Post by mofo2 »

Floyd refused a fight for years when it could have happened 3/4 years earlier than it eventually did because of his obsession to keep the '0'; so i dont see him taking the chance for a rematch now!!
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

Would love to see him fight Spence, if Spence beats Porter. He loses, he passes the torch. He wins? Wow!!!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:58 am He isnt a champion. Let's all agree we are above these false titles here. Nit picking by me but let's start ignoring these bullshit titles here

Who do you think is a champ at 147? Although I believe that Crawford and Spence would beat Manny, I don't think they or Porter have wins at 147 that are any more legit than this.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

147 is vacant until Spence and Crawford fight
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:13 am 147 is vacant until Spence and Crawford fight
Truth
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Spence is the best 147lber on the planet
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Make that Garcia fight, if you can't reel Floyd's exhibitioning ass back in the mix. The rematch would sell huge. Anyone who thinks different is fooling themselves.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Spence at 142 :lol:

Seriously though if Floyd won't do the 2nd fight, fight khan in Saudi Arabia, take the money & call it a career. 25 years is more than enough pro-boxing for any single lifetime.
daintyhulk

Post by daintyhulk »

Except for the money, Pac need not fight anymore to prove anything.

The Floyd fight would still see insane money more than any other fights right now even if Floyd has really nothing to offer other than the money or the false/fallacious reason of avenging Pac's loss which they justify on him being injured (?).

Both Spence and Crawford are bad fights for Pac. Both are in their prime, really skilled and just too big for an over the hill Manny even if hes an ATG. If any of those fights will happen, Pac becomes the sacrificial lamb for the passing of the torch. Promotional concern will also be a difficult hurdle for a Crawford fight.

Khan? No one is interested and they've tried to make that fight before, but no money came forward.

If Pac has to fight again, the most credible fight would be Garcia even if it seems that Garcia has regressed.
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I mean he's in line for any matchup he wants at 147. I don't really see why he would want to keep fighting guys like Spence or anything like that. If he can't get a lucrative Floyd rematch for his own sense of personal revenge, I'd just retire if I were Pac.

We'll see what he does.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am Spence is the best 165lber on the planet fighting at 147
Fixed it for you
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:23 pm
TopNotch86 wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:40 am Spence is the best 165lber on the planet fighting at 147
Fixed it for you
lol if he makes weight we cant really complain. hes not long for 147 though id imagine
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I mean every possible matchup at 147 is a possibility for Pac and his team if they want it.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Not sure who I would like to see him fight next but not Floyd. Their first fight was boring as shit and I cant imagine a 2nd would be any better. A fight with Garcia is good and winnable. Think Spence and Crawford would be too much for him at this point. No shame in that, but 25 years is alot of tread on his tires.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:34 am
yoloswaggy911 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:23 pm
Fixed it for you
lol if he makes weight we cant really complain. hes not long for 147 though id imagine
I agree with you, I'm not complaining. But as our friend NoProp calls him, "Manolo" is a small Welter, especially at this point in his career.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”