OT:Workouts

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

OT:Workouts

Post by FightFanAL »

Anybody have any challenging workouts they want to share on here? I like to mix my routines every few months so all ideas are welcome
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Re: OT:Workouts

Post by straycat »

I switch things around a bit myself, hows a hike up the main cable with a few 1/2" × 10' chockers sound?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

No thanks on that one stray lol
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

straycat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:58 pm I switch things around a bit myself, hows a hike up the main cable with a few 1/2" × 10' chockers sound?
Stray, can you go and fix that sinking expensive high rise in San Francisco? LOL
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

I don't work out much anymore, unfortunately. But running in relatively deep sand on the beach and surfing does wonders overall.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I like to mix it up also. Right now 2-3 times a week I’m doing a routine of jumping rope, burpees and heavy bag. The other 2 or 3 days I hit the stationary bicycle. I try to do about 40 minutes before work everyday
straycat

Post by straycat »

Danielk015 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm
straycat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:58 pm I switch things around a bit myself, hows a hike up the main cable with a few 1/2" × 10' chockers sound?
Stray, can you go and fix that sinking expensive high rise in San Francisco? LOL
The SAS Tower??? It seams to be holding up. We did do cosmetic overcoat on the barrier wall east bound side of the deck though.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I'd curve up into a ball and cry mommy
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

main workout was doing bag, and between rounds, doing squats while lifting the bag... then do pushups and go run 5K... i'd do that daily during summer, all outdoors (i have a bag under a tree on my property)...
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

My sister told me about the One Punch Challenge. 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, 10km run or 6.2 miles run. In one day. She saw a video and some dude did it and was tired.

My goal is Army PT test. Now that I'm old, push-ups were "easy" after a few days. Don't think I can do the run though. I hate running.
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

I had been doing my lifts in 5 sets (30 reps, 12, 10, 8, 6) with the weight increasing each set. But I had an 8 week stretch where I would mix that set grouping with 25,20,15,12, 10 or 6-8 drop down sets, etc. I put on 5 pounds of muscle mixing up and doing a variety of different sets like that
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

i never lifted as im already big enough.. 250lbs 6'4" is enough for my knees with all the sports i do... i need to get thinner... i have to lay off on the beer...
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

I was prediabetic. I cut waaaay down on my sweets and carbs, ate more salads. And all I did was walk. Lost 20lbs, and no longer prediabetic.

I was taking metformin, but a lot of people were telling me about people were dying. My sister talked to some lady in the hospital. She took her first dose, went to the hospital that night, doctor told her if she waited until the next day she'd be dead. Then, I remembered those commercials about a class action law suit. My older brother was like "Why were you on metformin just for 6.4 A1C Hemoglobin? You should only take it if you way over." I stopped taking that shit.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

ive been doing kris gethins 12 week trainer off bodybuilding dot com recently.. great cutting workout and a pretty comprehensive plan with videos meal plans and routines for each day. i find it easier to stay on track if i have a set schedule each day to do. hes a body builder and does the plan alongside you in the videos, so its a bit much to keep up at times but seems to keep you motivated when you see his before and after
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

TopNotch86 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 am ive been doing kris gethins 12 week trainer off bodybuilding dot com recently.. great cutting workout and a pretty comprehensive plan with videos meal plans and routines for each day. i find it easier to stay on track if i have a set schedule each day to do. hes a body builder and does the plan alongside you in the videos, so its a bit much to keep up at times but seems to keep you motivated when you see his before and after
Yeah he looks pretty legit
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

straycat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm
Danielk015 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:18 pm
The SAS Tower??? It seams to be holding up. We did do cosmetic overcoat on the barrier wall east bound side of the deck though.
Is the SAS Tower the same as the Millenium Tower?
straycat

Post by straycat »

The east Self Anchored Suspension Br has been called many things by many people, mostly with a dull axe in their hand. Not aware if the tower has ever been referred by thst term.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”