For Shits N Giggles

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Ruiz/Ortiz

You may select 1 option

View results

straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

For Shits N Giggles

Post by straycat »

With Ruiz landing a monkey wrench square in the middle of what would of been a tremendously phenomenal HW show down what if things dont go so well for Wilder.
Who You Got Then?
Both are pretty effective inside counter minded fighters.
Both are known to be durable.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
straycat

Re: For Shits N Giggles

Post by straycat »

Even at his age I think Ortiz is crafty enough to slow the volume of Andy down and eventually catch him in a vulnerable spot and make him pay.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Ill Take Ruiz.....Ortiz was in a real fight with Christian Hammer who was beaten easy by Fury, Povetkin, and Wach....

Ruiz has Faster hands, better Stamina and probably punches just as hard with more snap....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

I know this is purely hypothetical, but remember, Ortiz nearly made this happen last time. So it's a real possibility he could do it.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Bpth have shitty work rate. Ortiz has the back hand jab and arsenal to win this but i need to see where he is at now vs Wilder to better gauge what is left of him...
straycat

Post by straycat »

TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:13 am I know this is purely hypothetical, but remember, Ortiz nearly made this happen last time. So it's a real possibility he could do it.
Wilder was giving AJ shit about a champ not quitting. He's walked that talk FTR
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Nah, Kownacki vs Ruiz in an undisputed fat boy takes all battle
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:20 am
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:13 am I know this is purely hypothetical, but remember, Ortiz nearly made this happen last time. So it's a real possibility he could do it.
I get that, but the point of my comment isn't about quitting, but about the win. And Wilder nearly got stopped by Ortiz last time. So the possibility of Ortiz throwing his own monkey wrench in the works is a real possibility unless you think Ortiz has gotten worse.
straycat

Post by straycat »

TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:15 pm
I get that, but the point of my comment isn't about quitting, but about the win. And Wilder nearly got stopped by Ortiz last time. So the possibility of Ortiz throwing his own monkey wrench in the works is a real possibility unless you think Ortiz has gotten worse.
Hence the poll my friend, so did I miss ya pic?
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Ortiz has serious health issues. He's got 4 rounds to get Ruiz out or he's in heart attack territory... The guy shouldn't be allowed in the ring.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I don't even know if I believe Ortiz's supposed blood pressure problems. First Ortiz get's busted for a steroid then years later he get's busted for two masking agents that just happen to be component parts of the blood pressure medicine he chooses to use.

It's possible of course but I'm skeptical.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

straycat wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:35 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Hence the poll my friend, so did I miss ya pic?
Maybe I over thought this thread considering the impression I got was this was more just for the sake of having a discussion instead of it actually happening.

You didn't miss who I chose since I'm still debating with myself how I think this fight will go.

But my feeling is if Ortiz lands the type of shots Joshua did in the 3rd, he would win. But if Ruiz can get the fight to the later rounds, I think I'd favor Ruiz.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Who knows what ruiz has left

I think hes capable of a one shot ko on wilder but its more likely wilder lands first

I think ruiz gets bossed by the jab if he fights ortiz but those body shots would get to the old man late
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

I'm taking Ruiz. For a "fat guy" he was crazy light on his feet and quick hands. As long he doesn't sit in front of Ortiz he probably gets a UD.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Cagiva9 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:11 pm I don't even know if I believe Ortiz's supposed blood pressure problems. First Ortiz get's busted for a steroid then years later he get's busted for two masking agents that just happen to be component parts of the blood pressure medicine he chooses to use.

It's possible of course but I'm skeptical.
Well he didn't pass the blood pressure test before Wilder 1, so even if it's a masking agent he still has serious blood pressure issues too.

He shouldn't be fighting.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Mayz is right. The nysac wasnt going to license hin due to blood pressure

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”