Joshua just isn’t very good

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ObJuan13

Joshua just isn’t very good

Post by ObJuan13 »

Finally got a chance to watch the fight. The guy just got beat plain and simple. He’s too big, too stiff, and is too slow to get away with over committing with the right hand which he does often... when he’s gassed he doesn’t even bother defending himself.

He ain’t bouncing back from shit without employing a much much smarter approach that caters to all of his flaws
Last edited by ObJuan13 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadlyBrowned
______

Re: Joshua just isn’t very good

Post by BadlyBrowned »

He needs to take a page out of Wlad's book and strictly fight at range against shorter fighters and clinch when they get close.. unfortunately that wont help him against Wilder/Ortiz/Fury so he needs to get better conditioned and learn to move his head more, and fast
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

BadlyBrowned wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:59 pm He needs to take a page out of Wlad's book and strictly fight at range against shorter fighters and clinch when they get close.. unfortunately that wont help him against Wilder/Ortiz/Fury so he needs to get better conditioned and learn to move his head more, and fast
Pretty much
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

Someone summon up Manny Steward on the Oiji board and send him AJ's way
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

They have coddled him too much, everyone was telling him how great he was and he just thought it was going to happen.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Besides the gassing and chin problems, he's robotic, and I've said this since I first saw him fight. And the thing with these robotic guys, if you get them off schedule and make them fight outside of their comfortable box, bad things can happen for them. Ruiz, basically pressed AJ, and forced him to fight when he didn't want to. And once he hurt him, the fight was essentially over...
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

He is very good. Not perfect, and has flaws, but certainly very good. If he truly wasn’t very good, these other guys would have jumped at the chance to expose him more than they did. I suspect they’ll see Ruiz as more suspect and be more willing to do so just based on his appearance. Be funny if it works out the same for them as it did for Joshua.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Pangloss wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:47 pm He is very good. Not perfect, and has flaws, but certainly very good. If he truly wasn’t very good, these other guys would have jumped at the chance to expose him more than they did. I suspect they’ll see Ruiz as more suspect and be more willing to do so just based on his appearance. Be funny if it works out the same for them as it did for Joshua.
Nah, these other guys aren’t very good either, outside of Fury. AJ is a big stiff. A truly very good HW champ doesn’t get stopped and quit against Andy Ruiz in his dead prime. He didn’t lose some fluke fight, he got his ass beat
Pangloss

Post by Pangloss »

They’re all very good. Best the world has to offer.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

This is revisionist thinking. Hes very good. Good tight puncher and has showed a big heart in the past. He is a bit stiff and doesnt have an iron jaw. I dont think he was thinking clearly after that hook hit him. He was scrambled hence the grinning and bizarre staring at the ref

Wilder has two left feet
Joshua had a mediocre jaw and is stiff
Fury is a nut who cant punch
Whyte went life and death with chisora
Ortiz is 45 and gets tired easy
Usyk isnt a big puncher and who knows how he holds up at hw

They are all flawed.
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

We all like money and so does hearn his gameplan was to put as many roadblocks in front of wilder and Aj as possible theres too much money in Aj being a undefeated champ hearn was never going too let wilder fight anytime soon because the money is too good to let wilder break Ajs glass chin Arum did the same thing with pacquaio he knew manny couldn't beat floyd so he's plan was to milk it as long as possible but the only problem is Marquez and Ruiz happen
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:31 pm This is revisionist thinking. Hes very good. Good tight puncher and has showed a big heart in the past. He is a bit stiff and doesnt have an iron jaw. I dont think he was thinking clearly after that hook hit him. He was scrambled hence the grinning and bizarre staring at the ref

Wilder has two left feet

They are all flawed.
Nothing revisionist about it, I’ve always said he wasn’t very good. Ppl say HW boxing is back, and it is but only because it’s competitive, not because these guys are special fighters... though I admit Fury has a chance...
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

He didn't quit. He was stopped. He wanted to continue, but was in no shape. The ref made the call.
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:48 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:31 pm This is revisionist thinking. Hes very good. Good tight puncher and has showed a big heart in the past. He is a bit stiff and doesnt have an iron jaw. I dont think he was thinking clearly after that hook hit him. He was scrambled hence the grinning and bizarre staring at the ref

Wilder has two left feet

They are all flawed.
Nothing revisionist about it, I’ve always said he wasn’t very good. Ppl say HW boxing is back, and it is but only because it’s competitive, not because these guys are special fighters... though I admit Fury has a chance...
Wilders power is very special
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

stunna 2.0 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:13 pm We all like money and so does hearn his gameplan was to put as many roadblocks in front of wilder and Aj as possible theres too much money in Aj being a undefeated champ hearn was never going too let wilder fight anytime soon because the money is too good to let wilder break Ajs glass chin Arum did the same thing with pacquaio he knew manny couldn't beat floyd so he's plan was to milk it as long as possible but the only problem is Marquez and Ruiz happen
Always that guy who has to bring up pac and Floyd lol
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

soonermark890 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:55 pm
ObJuan13 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Wilder has two left feet

They are all flawed.
Wilders power is very special
Yes it is but that and great length is all he has... very few great fighters had only 1 or two great attributes... We’ll see where he takes it and I hope it’s far but Wilder isn’t a “special” fighter at all yet
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Canvas wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:53 pm He didn't quit. He was stopped. He wanted to continue, but was in no shape. The ref made the call.
As soon as he got up he turned his back on the ref and walked towards the corner. That right there was enough to trigger concern from the ref. If he would of stood up looked at the ref to let him know he was ok maybe the fight would of continued but not much longer. His actions was evident of somebody looking for a way out at that point.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

He was completely exhausted. It took everything he had to stand up. The ref asked him if he wanted to continue and he clearly answered yes. The ref determined that he wasn't fit to continue and waved it off. That is not quitting.

I think you are reading a bit too much into your expert body language analysis.
straycat

Post by straycat »

A fighter has a responsibility to address the ref the minute he gets up to where he assures the ref he can continue. It's not reading body language it's knowledge of the game.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

straycat wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:00 pm A fighter has a responsibility to address the ref the minute he gets up to where he assures the ref he can continue. It's not reading body language it's knowledge of the game.
He beat the count, looked the ref in the eye, and immediately answered yes when asked if he wanted to continue. That's quitting now ?
straycat

Post by straycat »

The ref might of felt to follow through but you plainly see he gets up, ignores the ref turns his back on him and walks to the corner. A fighter ain't sposed to do that.
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Have you guys ever had or been around any one with a bad concussion? They act completely out of it. Joshua was smiling and unaware of what was happening. That aint quitting ruiz knocked him goofy. He went to the hospital after leaving the ring.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

He is obviously a Very Good fighter.....you dont make it where he made it and not be very good.....He has Flaws but he isnt a bad fighter either....The try test for him now is working to adapt to or fix those flaws....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Top Buzz wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:29 pm Someone summon up Manny Steward on the Oiji board and send him AJ's way
WOW TB back and with Ouija board posts lol

Always fun to see you on here

take care
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

AJ thought the ref was going to put the mouth guard back in, but he didn't. He was trying to buy a few more seconds. Fair play to the ref who wasn't having it and stopped the fight, it was the right decision.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”