SPENCE defeated PORTER SATURDAY

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Canvas

SPENCE defeated PORTER SATURDAY

Post by Canvas »

https://www.boxingscene.com/shawn-porte ... xt--137438

snippet from the article:

Porter (30-2-1, 17 KOs) has pushed for a welterweight unification showdown with Spence (25-0, 21 KOs) the past few weeks. On Sunday, Porter revealed that his request might be granted soon.

“I think we got Errol Spence next. We’ll see,” Porter told reporters in Oxon Hill, Maryland, before Sergey Lipinets defeated Lamont Peterson.

Porter had another nugget before taking his ringside seat: “Oh yeah, it’s a pay-per-view fight.”

my comment: LOL. Big surprise.
jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Porter vs Spence...on PPV?

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yup.... al doesn't have enough cash to pay Errol to fight a name. Its an economic necessity for him at this point
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Really wanted Spence-Thurman, but I'll take Spence-Porter...but please not on PPV!!!

At least we'll get a unification though.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

The Spence/Garcia ppv success was a case of good news/bad news. If it hadn't done as well as it did, there's no way this would be ppv. We would either get a better fight (Spence/Crawford or Spence/Thurman) or a non-ppv fight.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:56 pm Really wanted Spence-Thurman, but I'll take Spence-Porter...but please not on PPV!!!

At least we'll get a unification though.
Felt the same way about Spence v Garcia, but the stream in the living room was pretty good so that’s my new go to. Would be nice to watch on free tv without the threat of a stream freezing up, but I ain’t paying for a ppv unless it’s a ppv worthy fight
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

NO
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Man, remember when HBO was still around?
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:06 pm Man, remember when HBO was still around?
Yeah. it was great until Haymon came on the scene and seemed to have incriminating photographs of Ross Greenburg or something. Then we started getting Andre Berto bum-of-the-month showcase cards.

Now, the fans' greatest hope is with DAZN.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

I will never pay for a porter fight.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TheSickness316

Spence vs. Porter on Fox?

Post by TheSickness316 »

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/5/8/18 ... fox-august

Reports are saying this fight might be on Fox and not PPV. If this is true, this is really good news
Danielk015

Re: Spence vs. Porter on Fox?

Post by Danielk015 »

might be the most pleasantly surprising news of the year.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

This is excellent news.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

After Spence/Garcia disappointed viewers almost nobody paid to watch the Crawford/Khan disappointment. Good news but they are only putting this on free TV because they have to, not cause they want to. No accolades from me for that. I mean, they are doing the right thing but it isn't like they have another viable option.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Cagiva9 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:30 pm After Spence/Garcia disappointed viewers almost nobody paid to watch the Crawford/Khan disappointment. Good news but they are only putting this on free TV because they have to, not cause they want to. No accolades from me for that. I mean, they are doing the right thing but it isn't like they have another viable option.
What were the projected numbers for Spence vs. Garcia because I think this article said it did 350k.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:40 pm
Cagiva9 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:30 pm After Spence/Garcia disappointed viewers almost nobody paid to watch the Crawford/Khan disappointment. Good news but they are only putting this on free TV because they have to, not cause they want to. No accolades from me for that. I mean, they are doing the right thing but it isn't like they have another viable option.
What were the projected numbers for Spence vs. Garcia because I think this article said it did 350k.
It did pretty well but the fight stunk. I think the numbers for Crawford/Khan probably reflected fan's disappointment in that previous PPV. I do not think their mood has changed favorably since then is all I'm saying
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Yeah buying a stinker ppv will sour you on buying another
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Showtime has this. Anyone with me? No?

I believe in you Shawn.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Cagiva9 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:52 pm
TheSickness316 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:40 pm
It did pretty well but the fight stunk. I think the numbers for Crawford/Khan probably reflected fan's disappointment in that previous PPV. I do not think their mood has changed favorably since then is all I'm saying
I don't think Garcia vs. Spence affected Crawford vs. Khan because most people saw how much of a mismatch Crawford vs. Khan was and I don't think the numbers would have been any better no matter what fight it was coming after. Besides, it's not like Crawford was that popular on PPV anyway. His lone PPV bombed. I think it did less than 50k.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Really good news. We shouldn't have to be paying for any of this crap.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Porter brings it and is a helluva good guy. His dad seems pretty solid too. I don't care what the naysayers say.... Shawn is up against a monster, but he will bring war.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Porter brings it and is a helluva good guy. His dad seems pretty solid too. I don't care what the naysayers say.... Shawn is up against a monster, but he will bring war.
I'd give the old Porter(the brawler/mauler), a better chance to beat Spence, than the new Porter(tries to box/look cute, but can't really do it). Porter will try to box, and get picked apart from the outside early, then Spence will break him down late, and possibly stop him.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

aaannd......so much for that
Hillsinitialrebirth

aaannd......so much for that

What happened?
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Word is that the fight is off. Spence wants big money and they can't make it work on Fox. If it does get made it will be ppv on a later date.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”