Pacquiao dominated Broner Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

WHo wins PACQUIAO vs BRONER

You may select 1 option

View results

Bertel1

Re: Manny Pacquiao announces January fight with Adrien Brone

Post by Bertel1 »

Cagiva9 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:
Cagiva9 wrote:Would have been an easy call 2-3 years ago but I don't know how much Pac has left.
Broner had a well deserved draw vs Vargas a few months ago while Pac had little trouble with Vargas in 2016.

Cag. You honestly dont think Pac decisively beat Jessie Vargas? If anything Broner's draw could be another "L".
I didn't mean to say that, if that is how you read it. I meant that Pac did not encounter much trouble beating Vargas easily in 2016. But yeah, Broner could have taken a loss in his fight with Vargas but I thought a draw was not an unfair result.

______

I get what you are saying. Vargas didnt do himself any favors by being winded by the midpoint of the matchup. Im sure making 144 had something to do with that. Im sick of Broners catchweights. He needs to either move down to 140, or suck it up at 147.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Like zab judah before him a case can be made for broner winning most fights because he is clearly talented... yet history shows the smart bet is made against him.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

I think it's funny that Boner keeps getting these big fights when he hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy...ever.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

5_burowz wrote:I think it's funny that Boner keeps getting these big fights when he hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy...ever.
Hes consistently pulls the highest ratings on Showtime
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:
5_burowz wrote:I think it's funny that Boner keeps getting these big fights when he hasn't beaten anyone noteworthy...ever.
Hes consistently pulls the highest ratings on Showtime

He's as marginal as they come
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

He's a villain and a TMZ trainwreck. Apparently that sells. I can't figure it out either.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Pacquiao-Broner fight could go to pay-per-view

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/10/21/ ... y-per-view

The planned January 19 fight between Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner is being lined up for the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and could air as a FOX-branded pay-per-view event, according to ESPN.

Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KO) will be defending his WBA “world” welterweight title, and making his return to the United States for the first time since his November 2016 win over Jessie Vargas. In his last two outings, he’s fought in Australia and Malaysia, losing a controversial decision to Jeff Horn and thrashing Lucas Matthysse for his first stoppage win since 2009.

Those fights aired on ESPN and ESPN+, and Pacquiao-Broner may be worth enough money to go to pay-per-view. Manny’s still one of the most recognizable stars in the sport, and Broner (33-3-1, 24 KO) still draws a lot of eyeballs whenever he fights, despite his inconsistencies.

Broner is 0-1-1 in his last two outings, a loss to Mikey Garcia in July 2017, followed by a draw with the aforementioned Vargas in April of this year.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TheSickness316

Re: Pacquiao-Broner fight could go to pay-per-view

Post by TheSickness316 »

And this fight just became less interesting if this ends up being true.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I hate this as a ppv and would not consider buying it.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Canvas wrote:I hate this as a ppv and would not consider buying it.
Same. If it was on free TV I would think differently. But I won't pay to see this if it happens on PPV.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

Adrien Broner is trash. He's had trouble with average fighters. Pac is going to obliterate him. Haymon is going to lose his shirt on the Pac deal if he makes this fight.

Pac has a HUGE guarantee, this fight will never generate the kind of money to cover his purse, that's why they are talking PPV.

These days Pac wants more money than he can generate. Al's going to take a bath on this whole deal.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Pay Per le Pew
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

5_burowz wrote:Pay Per le Pew
DAZN my friend, DAZN.....
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

More like a pay-per-screw, because this is going to be a cornhole job on the consumer.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Canvas wrote:

at 20$ canadian per month i think it's not a good investment considering all the other options available and that most of their boxing content is free online.

but if you view it as 5$ events (at a rate of 4 per month) it's an ok deal since it's HD and archived. But iptv at 4$ per month is still better with more content including all ppvs.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I think it's a terrible PPV fight if it goes to PPV... it's a premium network type of fight at most.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

Definitely NOT PPV worthy. As once was versus a never was.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

the13r wrote:
Canvas wrote:

at 20$ canadian per month i think it's not a good investment considering all the other options available and that most of their boxing content is free online.

but if you view it as 5$ events (at a rate of 4 per month) it's an ok deal since it's HD and archived. But iptv at 4$ per month is still better with more content including all ppvs.
Yeah, and right now you can subscribe for a full year for $150 up front. That works out to $12.50/month Canadian. That is $10/ month US dollars.

edit add: plus 1 month free
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Canvas wrote:
DAZN will be hitting folks for PPV money as well. Bank on that.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

id watch for free and be semi-excited for a potentially entertaining scrap. i will not spend a nickel to watch it on ppv
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
MRC

Post by MRC »

If this is a PPV when are they announcing the main event?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

MRC wrote:If this is a PPV when are they announcing the main event?
Maybe they'll have Pacquiao have 2 fights on the card.
Primetyme199

Broner Coach To Roach: Shut The F*** Up, Carry The Spit Buck

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/broner-coac ... et--134492

By Ryan Burton

Last week an article that was published on BoxingScene.com had a quote from Freddie Roach in which he all but guaranteed that Manny Pacquiao will defeat Adrien Broner when they meet in the ring on January 19th. The fight will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas and will be distributed by Showtime Pay-Per-View.

“Manny will kill Broner,” Roach told ABS-CBN. “You can bet your house on it. Broner tries to fight like (Floyd) Mayweather but he’s nowhere near the skill level. He even uses the shoulder-roll.”

After working with Pacquiao for 16 years, Roach didn't work Pacquiao's corner for his July knockout victory over Lucas Matthysse. He is back with Pacquiao for this fight but in more of an advisory role as the Filipino's longtime friend Buboy Fernandez will continue handling head trainer duties.

Meanwhile the 29-year-old Broner is currently in his second training camp with world class trainer Kevin Cunningham down in South Florida. Cunningham previously guided multi-division champions Cory Spinks and Devon Alexander and also works with Robert Easter Jr, Erickson Lubin and several other fighters.

Broner started slow in his most recent fight against Jessie Vargas but closed the fight strong to earn a draw versus the former two-division champion.

Cunningham wasn't too impressed with Roach's comments, citing the Hall of Fame trainer's reduced role with Pacquiao.

"It’s obvious that Freddie’s not the the trainer that he used to be. Manny has demoted him and promoted his bag boy as head trainer over Freddie. He’s saying Manny’s going to kill AB yet Freddie’s not even in camp with Manny. AB is having a tremendous training camp and he’s preparing to shock the world. Freddie needs to shut the f*** up and carry the spit bucket on January 19th," Cunningham told BoxingScene.com.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
NoPropaganda 253

Re: Broner Coach To Roach: Shut The F*** Up, Carry The Spit

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Re: Broner Coach To Roach: Shut The F*** Up, Carry The Spit

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Dammit...are you REALLY going to make me start rooting for Manny now?

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”