Controversial Decisions: Harrison won & Korobov lost Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Controversial Decisions: Harrison won & Korobov lost Saturday

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://www.boxingscene.com/fox-sports- ... ng--134384

FOX Sports and Premier Boxing Champions today announce exciting preview programming leading up to the FOX PBC FIGHT NIGHT on Saturday, Dec. 22, including the PBC COUNTDOWN and PBC FACE TO FACE shows. Before Jermall Charlo defends his WBC Interim Middleweight title against top-rated contender Willie Monroe, Jr., and Jermell Charlo makes the fourth defense of his WBC Super Welterweight championship against hard-hitting former title challenger Tony Harrison on Dec. 22, fans can watch these shows to learn more about the boxers and what motivates them heading into these title fights.

“These boxers are incredible athletes with amazing stories,” Charlie Dixon, Executive Vice President of Content, FOX Sports, said. “With the PBC COUNTDOWN and PBC FACE TO FACE shows, viewers get to learn more about the boxers’ drive and desire to be the best in the world, and will become emotionally invested in them before their fights on December 22.”

The programming kicks off on Saturday, December 8, with PBC COUNTDOWN: JERMALL CHARLO VS. WILLIE MONROE JR. premiering on FOX at 11:00pm ET/PT. In this episode, the show goes behind the scenes at home, and in the ring, with middleweights Jermall Charlo of Sugarland, Texas and Rochester, New York’s own Willie Monroe Jr. It’s an up-close look as each prepare in their own way for the upcoming fight for Charlo’s crown.

The premiere is immediately followed by PBC COUNTDOWN: JERMELL CHARLO VS. TONY HARRISON at 11:30 PM ET/PT on FOX, which follows Jermell Charlo and Tony Harrison as they prep for their WBC Super Welterweight title fight.

The following week, PBC FACE TO FACE: JERMALL & JERMELL CHARLO premieres on FOX Saturday, December 15 (2:30 PM ET). Hosted by FOX Sports Boxing Insider Mike Coppinger, Jermall and Jermell discuss the origins of their brotherly competition and their long roads to stardom ahead of their upcoming title fights.

With the recently announced deal, the FOX broadcast network and FOX Deportes will feature 10 marquee fight nights in prime time each year, while FS1 and FOX Deportes will telecast 12 fight nights annually. The Emmy Award-winning FOX Sports production team will produce more than 175 hours of original PBC boxing content per year across its channels, including the PBC COUNTDOWN and PBC FACE TO FACE shows prior to all fights.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Canvas

Re: Fox Sports, PBC Put Together Additional Programming

Post by Canvas »

too bad the fights stink

however, at least they are on free tv
jeff_lacy_ko

Willie Monroe pops hot

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Matt Korobov stepping in for charlos fight
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: Willie Monroe pops hot

Post by marciano1952 »

Didn't even know Korobov was still actively fighting.....not seen him in the ring since Andy Lee stopped him
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

G'Damn Willie 1600. Say it ain't so. Did they ever find Charlo to test him? Korobov works. I like they way he gets knocked out.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Who knows... testing is random but you. An miss 2 tests a year in the wbc program
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Korobov is decent. He was beating lee handily until he got caught. He has a win over the guy who kickwd the crap out of andre dirrell ( ant spell it and too lazy to look for it)
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

Damn it Willie! I was genuinely looking forward to this one.
NoPropaganda 253

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:51 am Who knows... testing is random but you. An miss 2 tests a year in the wbc program
This I know. Was wondering if they had been tested since the missed test and prior to next week's fight. I assume VADA protocol would require it to be so. Stupid question initially I guess
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Good question i will email hauser and vada. Lets find out
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Is Conte still working with Monroe?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Still listed on his website
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Supposedly smoked pot
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

LOL....the Charlo's can't catch a break.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

=jeff_lacy_ko post_id=1820501 time=1544984076 user_id=7]
Supposedly smoked pot
They should go forward with the fight then and stop testing for drugs that have no positive effect on performance. If they insist on testing for pot they should test everyone involved with the promotion, including VADA themselves.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I had read it was a testosterone issue.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Thats more likely. I emailed vada... Margaret Goodman emailed back like a minute later that the wbc has all the data on who was tested and when as it is theirs to release. I emailed wbc and nothing so far
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Willie should have done what the Charlos did and just not be there for the test.

I'm still not finding anywhere what Monroe tested positive for.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Steve Kim reported testosterone , haven't seen much on it though
NoPropaganda 253

The WBC on Monday morning ruled Willie Monroe Jr. out of challenging Jermall Charlo for its interim middleweight title on Saturday night in the main event of the Premier Boxing on Fox card because he tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone beyond the allowable limit in a WBC Clean Boxing Program test administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. “The WBC will afford Mr. Monroe the due process to which he is entitled under the WBC CBP’s protocol. While the WBC follows its protocol’s procedures, Mr. Monroe’s situation cannot not be fully and justly adjudicated on a timely fashion for him to fight for the WBC title,” the sanctioning body said in a statement. “The WBC CBP’s ultimate goal is to protect the health, safety and welfare of boxers. Accordingly, the WBC must fully investigate the specific facts surrounding Mr. Monroe’s reported adverse finding before fully adjudicating the matter.
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=1-25557336

Has Charlo tested since his missed VADA visit? Next question needing answering
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:44 pm
The WBC on Monday morning ruled Willie Monroe Jr. out of challenging Jermall Charlo for its interim middleweight title on Saturday night in the main event of the Premier Boxing on Fox card because he tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone beyond the allowable limit in a WBC Clean Boxing Program test administered by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association. “The WBC will afford Mr. Monroe the due process to which he is entitled under the WBC CBP’s protocol. While the WBC follows its protocol’s procedures, Mr. Monroe’s situation cannot not be fully and justly adjudicated on a timely fashion for him to fight for the WBC title,” the sanctioning body said in a statement. “The WBC CBP’s ultimate goal is to protect the health, safety and welfare of boxers. Accordingly, the WBC must fully investigate the specific facts surrounding Mr. Monroe’s reported adverse finding before fully adjudicating the matter.

I emailed the wbc but i wouldnt hold my breath on a response
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Korobov is a real unknown quantity here. Only one fight since 2016 and in that one he came into the fight just over 175. On the other hand he was scheduled to fight on this same card at an agreed weight of 162. If he's still at all sharp and it doesn't kill him to lose 2 extra pounds this might be a better fight than the Monroe fight would have been.

of course that isn't saying much I guess
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
NoPropaganda 253

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:29 pm
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:44 pm

I emailed the wbc but i wouldnt hold my breath on a response
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

5_burowz wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:07 pm LOL....the Charlo's can't catch a break.
________

Both of the twins have missed VADA testing recently and couldn't be reached at the time.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”