Help me out here. I'm confused. Is Floyd fighting on Dec 31?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

Help me out here. I'm confused. Is Floyd fighting on Dec 31?

Post by Peat56 »

I hear its on, then off, then on again, then it was all a joke, then its real.

Latest I hear is that Maywether is fighting a kickboxer in a 3 round exhibition on New Year's Eve.

Is this true? And are they boxing?

And does ANYONE care? and moreover, does the "fight" of any meaning of consequence to anyone??
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: Help me out here. I'm confused. Is Floyd fighting on Dec

Post by Primetyme199 »

Yes, he's boxing in a 3 round exhibition against a kickboxer that fights at 125 pounds.

The only one that cares is Floyd since he'll be getting paid. The only way there will be any other interest in this is if Floyd ends up losing.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

Primetyme199 wrote:Yes, he's boxing in a 3 round exhibition against a kickboxer that fights at 125 pounds.

The only one that cares is Floyd since he'll be getting paid. The only way there will be any other interest in this is if Floyd ends up losing.

do you know how much Floyd is getting for this farce?
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Nothing has come out yet from any reliable source.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Here’s the rule set.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

By Keith Idec

Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s boxing exhibition in Japan won’t be made available through conventional television outlets to consumers in the United States the morning of New Year’s Eve.

Multiple sources have informed BoxingScene.com that the three-round Mayweather-Tenshin Nasukawa bout won’t be broadcast live in the U.S. on December 31 from Saitama, Japan. It’ll air live in Japan on Fuji TV as part of promoter RIZIN Fighting Federation’s partnership with that prominent network.

Mayweather will be paid handsomely by RIZIN for facing its 20-year-old star kickboxer/mixed martial artist, but this will be the first of his fights in more than 20 years that won’t receive television exposure in his home country. Each of the 41-year-old Mayweather’s bouts have been broadcast either by HBO or Showtime, or the pay-per-view divisions of those networks, since 1998.

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

It's just an exhibition, but I figure the only way this is worthwhile to the promoters is that Tenshin really intends to get in there, and embarrass Floyd. If it's just gonna be a friendly little sparring match I don't see how it's possibly worth their while to pay Floyd what he's surely demanded to be paid.

The size differential is likely too great for Tenshin to do too much here. Especially since it's just a straight boxing match.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”