Did Fury Get like 15 Seconds to Recover?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Re: Did Fury Get like 15 Seconds to Recover?

Post by lurkyshaka »

TopNotch86 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:
ceelowsback wrote:He won the remainder of the round after getting KD. The referee should be commended for not waiving it off. Everyone thought he was KTFO and the rest is history. Just feel for him man...the Ultimate comeback was derailed by bad scoring. I only gave Wilder the rounds he got the KD's.

I guess its a means to attempt to dismiss the fact that Fury won 9 rounds. The "long count" stuff. I agree that the man got hosed. (Fury)
no ones saying fury didnt win more rounds... just stating the simple fact that if you watch the replay with a timer on it it clearly shows that it is longer than 10 seconds from the time he hits the deck to the time hes on 2 feet. its around 12 seconds... then throw in the extra 10-15 seconds of nonsense by the ref letting him walk it off and get his legs back and you do have a legitimate gripe. there should be no grey area... he has 10 seconds to get up and fight... no "well its a championship fight so i took my time" bs.

do NBA refs let a post buzzer shot count cuz its by the warriors and theyre the champs? tbh both men should feel robbed. wilder was robbed by the ref and fury was robbed by the judge who gave wilder 115 points

all they can do is fight again and hope that competent people are judging and in the ring with them for a change
The referee didn't rob Wilder of nothing.....As I've said look at Frank Warren IG, there is a video showing quite clearly that Fury was up before 10 seconds. The referee did a great job.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

TopNotch86 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:
ceelowsback wrote:He won the remainder of the round after getting KD. The referee should be commended for not waiving it off. Everyone thought he was KTFO and the rest is history. Just feel for him man...the Ultimate comeback was derailed by bad scoring. I only gave Wilder the rounds he got the KD's.

I guess its a means to attempt to dismiss the fact that Fury won 9 rounds. The "long count" stuff. I agree that the man got hosed. (Fury)
no ones saying fury didnt win more rounds... just stating the simple fact that if you watch the replay with a timer on it it clearly shows that it is longer than 10 seconds from the time he hits the deck to the time hes on 2 feet. its around 12 seconds... then throw in the extra 10-15 seconds of nonsense by the ref letting him walk it off and get his legs back and you do have a legitimate gripe. there should be no grey area... he has 10 seconds to get up and fight... no "well its a championship fight so i took my time" bs.

do NBA refs let a post buzzer shot count cuz its by the warriors and theyre the champs? tbh both men should feel robbed. wilder was robbed by the ref and fury was robbed by the judge who gave wilder 115 points

all they can do is fight again and hope that competent people are judging and in the ring with them for a change
________

TopNotch. I feel like its apples and oranges in a sense. Ortiz had Wilder out on his feet in round 7. Shortly after the bell rings to begin round 8, the ref stops the action in oreder to have a doc look at Wilder. The timing seemed really odd.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Bertel1 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:

________

TopNotch. I feel like its apples and oranges in a sense. Ortiz had Wilder out on his feet in round 7. Shortly after the bell rings to begin round 8, the ref stops the action in oreder to have a doc look at Wilder. The timing seemed really odd.
i said that was nonsense at the time as well.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”