FURY -Vs- ANTHONY JOSHUA. Who wins?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Peat56

FURY -Vs- ANTHONY JOSHUA. Who wins?

Post by Peat56 »

I tend to think that AJ is far superior to Wilder, and so if Wilder could floor Fury twice, then AJ could do much worse to him. I tend to think AJ can win.

Then again, maybe Fury would do the same to AJ that he did to Wilder.

Thoughts?
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: FURY -Vs- ANTHONY JOSHUA. Who wins?

Post by gilgamesh »

I'd favor Joshua, but Fury would undoubtedly give him problems.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I think Joshua would have more problems hurting fury than Wilder had but would take him out if he did. Fury could take AJ deep, make him miss and pay for that ridiculous muscle weight late in the fight
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Joshua hits nearly as hard as Wilder but can also box and has a well rounded skill set.

AJ by KO over Fury.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I lean Fury
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

ObJuan13 wrote:I lean Fury
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

If Joshua also gets every benefit of the doubt judging, he wins.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

I'll say AJ KO.

If Wilder can hit him twice, AJ will hit him much more...

Fury is a slippery customer, and his boxing will give Joshua problems, but fighting 12 rounds without being hit by AJ is a big ask. Wilder hit him twice and he can't box...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

Mayz wrote:I'll say AJ KO.

Fury is a slippery customer, and his boxing will give Joshua problems, but fighting 12 rounds without being hit by AJ is a big ask. Wilder hit him twice and he can't box...

I'd lean toward AJ too but Tyson's smart, hard to predict what style he'll even fight. AJ won't be as shy as Wlad was to pull the trigger vs Fury BUT saying that AJ can't afford to take a hard shot given his chin either. Fury's not a power puncher but he's def got enough...

Either way hope the fight happens, can't fuckin wait!! :lol:
mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

Fury decision. Fury is one of the most skilled HW of all time. His only weakness is he gets sloppy and careless.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Joshua knocks him out
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

mekane wrote:Fury decision. Fury is one of the most skilled HW of all time. His only weakness is he gets sloppy and careless.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

ObJuan13 wrote:I lean Fury
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Top Buzz wrote:

I'd lean toward AJ too but Tyson's smart, hard to predict what style he'll even fight. AJ won't be as shy as Wlad was to pull the trigger vs Fury BUT saying that AJ can't afford to take a hard shot given his chin either. Fury's not a power puncher but he's def got enough...

Hey man! The Brits are back in town! Not seem you post since my comeback, good to have you back buddy!

This will be a cracker of a fight now, gotta break all records...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
dwightmac83

Post by dwightmac83 »

Good fight. I lean toward Fury just in case Joshua can't catch him. Also hiw will AJ stamina hold up with Fury moving so much. Its a toss up fight hope it happens
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

Peat56 wrote:I tend to think that AJ is far superior to Wilder, and so if Wilder could floor Fury twice, then AJ could do much worse to him. I tend to think AJ can win.

Then again, maybe Fury would do the same to AJ that he did to Wilder.

Thoughts?
Here's the thing about AJ, he is an excellent boxer in a classic and polished style. Its the very reason I think Fury can beat him. Tyson is super unorthodox and because he is so unpredictable, a fighter like AJ (and Wladimir) find themselves in some very unfamiliar territory. Sure anyone can clown around in the ring, but Fury is a not-so-sneaky good boxer, has length, quickness, confidence and as we saw with Wilder incredible stamina and resolve. So what he looks like a giant jelly roll on stilts...that jelly roll will roll off your punches, and have you wondering how you just got out boxed by pastry.

BTW this was also the reason I thought Wilder would KO Fury. Wilder is also just as unpredictable, just substitute the skill with outrageous power. what happened to Fury in the 12th and mid fight is what I thought would be the pattern...Fury acting like a clown expecting Wilder to do what other boxers do only Wilder does what he thinks he should do and would find Tyson awkwardly.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I don't get the stuff about Wilder being unpredictable, you're talking about a guy hugely reliant on the same shot over and over, and with very little combo variety. Joshua has a broader punch selection, varies his combos more, and has a more developed inside game, albeit he's not as quick handed.

Because of Wilder's power the drama can come out of nowhere, but his style itself and the way he approaches things isn't unpredictable at all. I think these things get mixed up a lot, because Wilder is actually on the more predictable side of things style wise.
Last edited by Tocsin on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

Tocsin wrote:I don't get the stuff about Wilder being unpredictable, you're talking about a guy hugely reliant on the same shot over and over.

Because of his power the drama can come out of nowhere, but his style itself and the way he approaches things isn't unpredictable at all.
Wilder doesn't have boxers reflexes (for lack of a better term) which makes knowing where he'll be and where to attack him unreliable. Take my guy DSG (yes I've seen his recent fights). We would joke often how he clipped guys with hooks with his eyes closed. Thats because there are certain spots that you can predict where your opponent will be because of some familiar sequence. Wilder is one dimensional absolutely, but he's also doesn't rely on familiar sequences to be effective. He's a seek and destroy guy who leaves room for improvisation.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I just don't see it, even though it gets said a lot. I watch Wilder and his actions are very predictable and it's largely the same punch over and over, usually the pawing jab-right sequences, almost all from the same range.The drama (the effects of his actions) can come out of nowhere with him, because if he gets through he's obviously got some serious power, but I don't think his approach itself is really that hard to predict.

I also think, importantly, AJ has one of the best uppercuts in the division (KO'd Wlad, KTFO Whyte, badly hurt Breazeale), and he can work from more ranges than Wilder can and do more damage if Fury goes to tie up (see AJ stopping Wlad). But Fury is definitely a better mover than AJ, and AJ does plod at times, so it's definitely a fight where AJ faces the risk of being outpointed and having difficulty establishing an effective offense. And how will AJ react if he's starting to get frustrated?

I do question whether Fury would get a fair shake on the cards though. He's the B-side and his style in general often doesn't really put things beyond doubt.
Top Buzz
TTR Contributor

Post by Top Buzz »

Mayz wrote:
Top Buzz wrote:

Hey man! The Brits are back in town! Not seem you post since my comeback, good to have you back buddy!

This will be a cracker of a fight now, gotta break all records...
Good to see ya still here old son! Poke my head in every so often when I can (usually when theres been a big fight to see the aftermath :lol: ), dont get on here enough though for my liking!

Good to see a bit of excitement and debate going on about the HW div at last
Kev_OS

Post by Kev_OS »

Joshua controversial decision.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Id go with Fury after that last fight I think wins a UD, AJ is a better boxer than Wilder but that has some cons in a Fury fight, AJ is a very orthodox and by the book, that helps Fury.
empanek
President Of Broner Nation

Post by empanek »

I'm not convinced we saw the best of Fury against Wilder. He still has a lot of room to improve his conditioning. Give him another training camp or 2 and I bet he comes in much better shape and avoids getting caught. I'd favor him to outbox Wilder and AJ at this point... he has won me over.
ZTidn2dBYbY
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Joshua by controversial decion......lol That’s usually the way it works in situations like this.
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Joshia wont overthrow a right hand for 11.5 rounds. He will adjust after 4 and knock fury out

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”