Floyd’s ability as a fighter is under appreciated

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Bulldog

Re: Floyd’s ability as a fighter is under appreciated

Post by Bulldog »

TheSickness316 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:

Yeah, says me considering it's my post. Now you want to bring up Hatton's legacy. Lol
And because you said it its meaningless that was the point.

Could you interpret what Ricky means by this quote lol.

" Against Floyd I would be at my " natural " fighting weight in the ring, not any heavier, despite the move up a division. "
And it does nothing to change the fact it being fought in the 140 pound division would have helped Floyd's legacy.
Lol you got no backbone, 20 posts and I prove you wrong and you still slime out the door trying to change the subject.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Bulldog wrote:
Lol you got no backbone, 20 posts and I prove you wrong and you still slime out the door trying to change the subject.
Says the person who is too scared to answer questions asked to him. I'm still waiting for those questions I asked you about Cotto to be answered. And I didn't change the subject since I said from the beginning fighting at 140 would have been more beneficial to Floyd than fighting at 147. So since your little quote did nothing and you know it did nothing you want to say I'm trying to squirm. Typical bitch move by a piece of shit coward like you.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

TheSickness316 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
Says the person who is too scared to answer questions asked to him. I'm still waiting for those questions I asked you about Cotto to be answered. And I didn't change the subject since I said from the beginning fighting at 140 would have been more beneficial to Floyd than fighting at 147. So since your little quote did nothing and you know it did nothing you want to say I'm trying to squirm. Typical bitch move by a piece of shit coward like you.
You cant even defend without looking slimy, just man up and quite the crying, you were wrong !
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Bulldog wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
You cant even defend without looking slimy, just man up and quite the crying, you were wrong !
Still waiting for the Cotto questions to be answered.

You say slimy because you know what you said means nothing to what it is that I've said and you can't handle it.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

TheSickness316 wrote:

You say slimy because you know what you said means nothing to what it is that I've said and you can't handle it.
I said slimy because thats what you are, man up you were wrong, dam lots of Estrogen in you !

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Bulldog wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:

I said slimy because thats what you are, man up you were wrong, dam lots of Estrogen in you !

Still too cowardly to answer my questions about Cotto. I get it. You're just too scared of actually having to answer questions.

Besides, I'm not wrong because what Hatton says doesn't negate the fact that the fight should've happened at 140 when both won their titles and that winning at 140 and being the one to dethrone Hatton would have done more for Floyd's legacy. But you just choose to still be blind by that.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

TheSickness316 wrote:

Still too cowardly to answer my questions about Cotto. I get it. You're just too scared of actually having to answer questions.

Besides, I'm not wrong because what Hatton says doesn't negate the fact that the fight should've happened at 140 when both won their titles and that winning at 140 and being the one to dethrone Hatton would have done more for Floyd's legacy. But you just choose to still be blind by that.
First of all, the subject is about Floyd and Hatton, Cotto has nothing to do with it youre deflecting like a girl as usual, start a thread and I will answer any question from you so long as you answer what I ask you, but this is not about that here so stick to Hatton Floyd and "was it the best Hatton that Floyd beat "

The second BS deflection here is " should have " which is your opinion, and thats all it is doesnt mean anything thats factual, and its not debatable, if you think that way thats fine but it dont mean nothing, I believe Hattons legacy would have been boosted beating FM and gaining another title, but that is also just an opinion, what Im about in this thread is FACT, hard numbers and Hatton himself telling you .

Lurkey said Floyd did not fight Hatton at his best weight , I called BS on that comment and then presented the proof why it is BS, which ironically evoked you to put youre empty head up his ass trying to provoke me, now its been PROVEN that Mayweather did fight Hatton at his best weight you can pull your head out off his ass man up and admit you Lurky and Mayz were all wrong. Way back in this thread you had the proof shown and you were too stupid to understand it, there is no doubt here either in the known weights or Hatton saying so himself, and you weak cnt still cant just say Hmmm yeah ok, Floyd did beat him at his best weight !!! which is 153 lbs,,,,,,oh the same weight he fights at JWW well fancy that, and Floyd was 152 well now, how about that.

You dont find me starting threads about Mayweather and yes I am one of the few that defend him on occasion because on some occasions like this one here with Hattons weight, is all about bashing Floyd with BS. I come in on the bullshit more than I do Floyd.

What you have shown is you have no integrity, your not a stand up person because real people dont squirm like you do.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Bulldog wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:

First of all, the subject is about Floyd and Hatton, Cotto has nothing to do with it youre deflecting like a girl as usual, start a thread and I will answer any question from you so long as you answer what I ask you, but this is not about that here so stick to Hatton Floyd and "was it the best Hatton that Floyd beat "

The second BS deflection here is " should have " which is your opinion, and thats all it is doesnt mean anything thats factual, and its not debatable, if you think that way thats fine but it dont mean nothing, I believe Hattons legacy would have been boosted beating FM and gaining another title, but that is also just an opinion, what Im about in this thread is FACT, hard numbers and Hatton himself telling you .

Lurkey said Floyd did not fight Hatton at his best weight , I called BS on that comment and then presented the proof why it is BS, which ironically evoked you to put youre empty head up his ass trying to provoke me, now its been PROVEN that Mayweather did fight Hatton at his best weight you can pull your head out off his ass man up and admit you Lurky and Mayz were all wrong. Way back in this thread you had the proof shown and you were too stupid to understand it, there is no doubt here either in the known weights or Hatton saying so himself, and you weak cnt still cant just say Hmmm yeah ok, Floyd did beat him at his best weight !!! which is 153 lbs,,,,,,oh the same weight he fights at JWW well fancy that, and Floyd was 152 well now, how about that.

You dont find me starting threads about Mayweather and yes I am one of the few that defend him on occasion because on some occasions like this one here with Hattons weight, is all about bashing Floyd with BS. I come in on the bullshit more than I do Floyd.

What you have shown is you have no integrity, your not a stand up person because real people dont squirm like you do.
You're going to question my integrity? You say I'm not worth responding to, yet you keep responding. If you have integrity you wouldn't respond.

You're definitely not a stand up person because a stand up person who actually believes someone has a mental illness wouldn't make fun of said mental illness. That's the trait of a coward piece of shit. And that's what you are.

And I deflect? Hello, you're the one who brought up Manny and Cotto in this thread to begin with.

This is just the coward bitch in you trying to portray your ways onto me because you can't handle being wrong and you can't handle anyone not kissing Floyd's ass like you do.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Bulldog wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:Its a very simple situation......would Hatton have rather fought that fight at welterweight or light-welter?

Therein lays the answer to the argument.
Why would he prefer JWW when the real weight made no difference at all he was at his JWW fighting weight and he cannot lose his title, there was no weight handicap in this fight.

Why would he risk his JWW title and give up the chance to win another title against FM.

He lost the fight and kept his JWW title, thats the reason he went for the WW title.

Dont say PREFER when you have no reason why that is true, you keep saying JWW WW but cannot distinguish a real difference in the fight, you mouth off a division difference of 7lb when they weighed the same you are trying to make an excuse out of nothing.

You are hanging onto your sour grapes thats all you are doing, its very simple boxing man, Hatton was 153 against KT Castillo and host of others, he was 153 against Floyd, he was 159 against Collazo work it out boxing man.
Hahahaha.....do you even believe the shit you say yourself?!

Hatton wanted it at 147 to preseve titles at 140 eh.....yeah cus he couldn't bear the thought of losing an IBO strap, get your timeline correct at the very least :roll:

Hatton didn't need titles at 140 by that point cus with or without them he was the linear champion and had been since beating Tszyu.

Only a fool would claim that Hatton 'wanted' the fight at welterweight.....I don't believe a single other person would agree with you on that ridiculous notion. I suppose Alvarez was begging for a catchweight too?! :roll: :lol:
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

In the big scheme of things, I am not sure beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy. Hatton came up to 147 to beat the man and lost. Hatton was an undefeated Super Lightweight King who went up 7 pounds to fight a fighter that started his career at 130. It is not like Hatton was going up to 147 to fight a career welterweight like Trinidad or something. If the argument is beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy, it might have just been a smidgen. All anyone remembers is Floyd gave an undefeated, future hall of fame fighter, his first loss in dramatic fashion.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

@140, Floyd stops Hatton even earlier than the 10th round that he did @147. Total utter mistmatch.

People also are not taking into consideration the glamor of welterweight fights. 147 has historically been the glamor division. Dating back to SRL, Hearns, Benitez, Oscar, Tito, etc. The mega fights happen @147, not 140. Name a mega fight that happened @140? I don't consider Hatton/Tszyu or Tszyu/Judah a mega fight. Big fight fans' fights, but not mega fights. Mayweather/Hatton was a big one, and it took place in the glamor division of 147.
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

If Hatton had beaten floyd he was staying a 147 period he had fights lines up with Shane and oscar that's why he left Warren and signed with golden boy
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote:@140, Floyd stops Hatton even earlier than the 10th round that he did @147. Total utter mistmatch.
I agree with this. Hatton blowing up in between fights and lifestyle was catching up to him. Making it to 140 probably would take more out of him at the time of the fight than making something under 147. Hatton settled in at a similar weight fight night in his latter fights in his career, whether at 147 or 140. This was not the younger guy when he beat KT. I think if the fight was at 140, Hatton strains to make it and is less fit and could have been dominated in worse fashion. Whether it is sour grapes or not, Hatton said he was weight drained and 'dead' for the manny fight at 140.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 wrote: People also are not taking into consideration the glamor of welterweight fights. 147 has historically been the glamor division. Dating back to SRL, Hearns, Benitez, Oscar, Tito, etc. The mega fights happen @147, not 140. Name a mega fight that happened @140? I don't consider Hatton/Tszyu or Tszyu/Judah a mega fight. Big fight fans' fights, but not mega fights. Mayweather/Hatton was a big one, and it took place in the glamor division of 147.

Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Arguello?

The original boxing divisions definitely had the history though.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote:In the big scheme of things, I am not sure beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy. Hatton came up to 147 to beat the man and lost. Hatton was an undefeated Super Lightweight King who went up 7 pounds to fight a fighter that started his career at 130. It is not like Hatton was going up to 147 to fight a career welterweight like Trinidad or something. If the argument is beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy, it might have just been a smidgen. All anyone remembers is Floyd gave an undefeated, future hall of fame fighter, his first loss in dramatic fashion.
The fact Hatton beating KT and Floyd beating Gatti 3 weeks apart from each other, the stage was set for them to fight at 140. Floyd chose to go up to 147 though. And beating the guy at the top of the division can only help. It's not like Hatton came along at 140 after Floyd left.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

The fact Hatton beating KT and Floyd beating Gatti 3 weeks apart from each other, the stage was set for them to fight at 140. Floyd chose to go up to 147 though. And beating the guy at the top of the division can only help. It's not like Hatton came along at 140 after Floyd left.
Hatton also chose not to pursue a fight with Cotto at 140, that fight was being talked about at the time. Hatton also fought one more fight at 140, before moving up to fight Collazo, so he didn't stay put either. He moved back down, but he left some fights on the table as well at 140.
stunna 2.0

Post by stunna 2.0 »

[quote="TheSickness316"][quote="Danielk015"]In the big scheme of things, I am not sure beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy. Hatton came up to 147 to beat the man and lost. Hatton was an undefeated Super Lightweight King who went up 7 pounds to fight a fighter that started his career at 130. It is not like Hatton was going up to 147 to fight a career welterweight like Trinidad or something. If the argument is beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy, it might have just been a smidgen. All anyone remembers is Floyd gave an undefeated, future hall of fame fighter, his first loss in dramatic fashion.[/quote]

The fact Hatton beating KT and Floyd beating Gatti 3 weeks apart from each other, the stage was set for them to fight at 140. Floyd chose to go up to 147 though. And beating the guy at the top of the division can only help. It's not like Hatton came along at 140 after Floyd left.[/quote]
But Hatton a mandatory vivian Harris but hattons team thought he was too dangerous so the way ted no parts of Harris but then Carlos masala ko's Harris and now Hatton ready to fight that for the belt that maussau took from Harris floyd didn't want around so he moved up
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

stunna 2.0 wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:In the big scheme of things, I am not sure beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy. Hatton came up to 147 to beat the man and lost. Hatton was an undefeated Super Lightweight King who went up 7 pounds to fight a fighter that started his career at 130. It is not like Hatton was going up to 147 to fight a career welterweight like Trinidad or something. If the argument is beating Hatton at 140 would have enhanced Floyd's legacy, it might have just been a smidgen. All anyone remembers is Floyd gave an undefeated, future hall of fame fighter, his first loss in dramatic fashion.
But Hatton a mandatory vivian Harris but hattons team thought he was too dangerous so the way ted no parts of Harris but then Carlos masala ko's Harris and now Hatton ready to fight that for the belt that maussau took from Harris floyd didn't want around so he moved up
Can you please write that over again because none of it makes sense.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

lurkyshaka wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:Its a very simple situation......would Hatton have rather fought that fight at welterweight or light-welter?

Therein lays the answer to the argument.
Why would he prefer JWW when the real weight made no difference at all he was at his JWW fighting weight and he cannot lose his title, there was no weight handicap in this fight.

Why would he risk his JWW title and give up the chance to win another title against FM.

He lost the fight and kept his JWW title, thats the reason he went for the WW title.

Dont say PREFER when you have no reason why that is true, you keep saying JWW WW but cannot distinguish a real difference in the fight, you mouth off a division difference of 7lb when they weighed the same you are trying to make an excuse out of nothing.

You are hanging onto your sour grapes thats all you are doing, its very simple boxing man, Hatton was 153 against KT Castillo and host of others, he was 153 against Floyd, he was 159 against Collazo work it out boxing man.
Hahahaha.....do you even believe the shit you say yourself?!

Hatton wanted it at 147 to preseve titles at 140 eh.....yeah cus he couldn't bear the thought of losing an IBO strap, get your timeline correct at the very least :roll:

Hatton didn't need titles at 140 by that point cus with or without them he was the linear champion and had been since beating Tszyu.

Only a fool would claim that Hatton 'wanted' the fight at welterweight.....I don't believe a single other person would agree with you on that ridiculous notion. I suppose Alvarez was begging for a catchweight too?! :roll: :lol:
This is youre argument now an opinion not a fact in sight just an opinion, we would have to ask Ricky what was best to win for him a JWW title or Floyd at WW , you might be right but you can also very well be wrong , I dont like hanging on an assumption in an a debate like its a big point won it dont mean shit , In my honest opinion I dont think he had a preference so long as it was Floyd and a title but we will never know so its a null event.

Other than that what about your comment Floyd did not fight Ricky at his best weight, Ricky said he did are you going to admit it or carry on about something else like you never said it to start all this.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

TheSickness316 wrote:

You're going to question my integrity? You say I'm not worth responding to, yet you keep responding. If you have integrity you wouldn't respond.

You're definitely not a stand up person because a stand up person who actually believes someone has a mental illness wouldn't make fun of said mental illness. That's the trait of a coward piece of shit. And that's what you are.

And I deflect? Hello, you're the one who brought up Manny and Cotto in this thread to begin with.

This is just the coward bitch in you trying to portray your ways onto me because you can't handle being wrong and you can't handle anyone not kissing Floyd's ass like you do.
More deflection. you twist and turn like a snake in the wood pile, gee youre a piss ant with no honor.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Bulldog wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:

More deflection. you twist and turn like a snake in the wood pile, gee youre a piss ant with no honor.
That's you through and through. Ignore what is written because what is kills your whole argument and you're too much of a bitch to admit it. Still waiting for you to answer the Cotto question by the way.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

Bulldog wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:
This is youre argument now an opinion not a fact in sight just an opinion, we would have to ask Ricky what was best to win for him a JWW title or Floyd at WW , you might be right but you can also very well be wrong , I dont like hanging on an assumption in an a debate like its a big point won it dont mean shit , In my honest opinion I dont think he had a preference so long as it was Floyd and a title but we will never know so its a null event.

Other than that what about your comment Floyd did not fight Ricky at his best weight, Ricky said he did are you going to admit it or carry on about something else like you never said it to start all this.
I think its a very safe bet......pretty much a lock that Hatton would say light-welter was his best weight class and where he'd have ideally liked to fought Floyd at.

You harp on about fight night weights, but they are not as accurate for the factors I've mentioned several times now only for you to ignore because it doesn't suit your agenda.

As others have said the referee was probably more of a hinderance to Hatton than the weight. and I don't disagree with that. The deck was stacked against Hatton on a few areas and its widely acknowledged. Its only you who just won't have it, because it doesn't fit in with your view of Floyd as the best thing since sliced bread.

But the reason this topic exists at all is because the thread starter feels or felt that Floyd's abilities as a fighter aren't appreciated.....but that's not the case with me and I don't think with most people. Its not his skill set and talent that is questioned, more the way he cherry picked weight, times and other factors to gain big edges in many of his defining fights.

Again I suppose Alvarez begged for a catchweight and Marquez pleaded with Floyd to not bother making weight?
Why won't you answer those points?
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

lurkyshaka wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:

I think its a very safe bet......pretty much a lock that Hatton would say light-welter was his best weight class and where he'd have ideally liked to fought Floyd at.

You harp on about fight night weights, but they are not as accurate for the factors I've mentioned several times now only for you to ignore because it doesn't suit your agenda.

As others have said the referee was probably more of a hinderance to Hatton than the weight. and I don't disagree with that. The deck was stacked against Hatton on a few areas and its widely acknowledged. Its only you who just won't have it, because it doesn't fit in with your view of Floyd as the best thing since sliced bread.

But the reason this topic exists at all is because the thread starter feels or felt that Floyd's abilities as a fighter aren't appreciated.....but that's not the case with me and I don't think with most people. Its not his skill set and talent that is questioned, more the way he cherry picked weight, times and other factors to gain big edges in many of his defining fights.

Again I suppose Alvarez begged for a catchweight and Marquez pleaded with Floyd to not bother making weight?
Because he's too scared to answer questions that might make Floyd look bad.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote:
I agree with all of that and agree that it could have helped his legacy by beating Hatton at 140, but overall only slightly. Floyd and Hatton are a similar size and it was not like Floyd had a huge advantage just because the fight was at 147. IMO, it was not like Hatton had a big disadvantage because the fight was at 147. The ability not to drain so much might have actually helped a bit. IMO, beating Hatton at 140 instead of 147 registers as such a low addition to Floyd's legacy, it really shouldn't even be brought up. Floyd missing out on fighting strong welters like Margarito when he had the chance, Manny at an earlier stage of career (after he fought cotto), getting in the ring with Paul Williams, fighting Shane earlier in his career. Those are fights that if happened at the different time, would have enhanced Floyd's legacy a lot more.

Beating an undefeated Hatton at 147 over 140? Barely registers IMO.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

lurkyshaka wrote:
Bulldog wrote:
lurkyshaka wrote:

Wtf is wrong with you, the point is YOU SAID Floyd did not fight Ricky at his best weight that is why I even came in and I proved he did and even though Ricky Hatton said he did your skirt it . YOU LOSE !!! stop deflecting to everywhere thats irrelevant to your original statement Im not going to argue an opinion its baseless and goes nowhere which is what your trying to do. I cant believe how weak you are, its ok to be wrong when the FACTS say you are.
lurkyshaka wrote:
Wrong 3 pages off someone obsessively trying to deny a simple fact. Floyd did not fight Hatton at 140 which was obviously Hatton's best weight and where it ideally should have happened.

I don't think a single person here has ever denied Floyd's abilities.
Its simply the timing and weights of his fights that has been brought into question.
Read Lurky even you should be able comprehend that Hatton fought Floyd at his best fighting weight.
page 296 Rickys Book.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”