GOTTA SEE THIS!! HW scared his opponent out of the ring

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: GOTTA SEE THIS!! HW scared his opponent out of the ring

Post by gilgamesh »

TheSickness316 wrote: While I do feel he should have fought when he went to the ring, if he just flat out doesn't go to the ring, we're pretty much in this same situation anyway. Only difference is we have his opponent standing in the ring like someone who has just been stood up for a date and not the viral video we currently have.
I don't think we do. Did Harper not walk to the ring first as the underdog usually does in these situations? It just wouldn't have taken place. Hell he might've gotten more money if he'd addressed his issue in the back before walking out to the ring. As is he's getting jack shit in all likelihood, and has done irreparable damage to his career.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

gilgamesh wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote: While I do feel he should have fought when he went to the ring, if he just flat out doesn't go to the ring, we're pretty much in this same situation anyway. Only difference is we have his opponent standing in the ring like someone who has just been stood up for a date and not the viral video we currently have.
I don't think we do. Did Harper not walk to the ring first as the underdog usually does in these situations? It just wouldn't have taken place. Hell he might've gotten more money if he'd addressed his issue in the back before walking out to the ring. As is he's getting jack shit in all likelihood, and has done irreparable damage to his career.
I didn't see the fight so I don't know. I was just going off pure guess in terms of that.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

TheSickness316 wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:
I didn't see the fight so I don't know. I was just going off pure guess in terms of that.
Nobody saw the fight :lol:
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

gilgamesh wrote: Nobody saw the fight :lol:
Good one. Lol
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Dude straight Ho'd Up
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
MRC

Post by MRC »

Riddick Bowe please return that biggest duck in boxing history belt back, we have a new champ.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Seems like he was legitimately protesting some money situation. Was it stupid? Maybe, but I always take the side of the athlete being screwed financially, particularly in the sport of boxing.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I saw this and was absolutely floored. I mean, the guy was mean-mugging the camera during the introductions, went through the whole thing... and then... figured that he would be a forgotten fighter who wasn't that good, or he could go LEGEND by stepping out of the ring. Who would be talking about him if he didn't do what he did? Unless, of course, he got knocked out in spectacular fashion - which was a pretty good possibility.

If it wasn't so sad and shameful, it would be funny.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Just a guy

Re: GOTTA SEE THIS!! HW scares his opponent out LOL •NOW LIV

Post by Just a guy »

gilgamesh wrote:"They don't respect me enough. I wanted to get paid, and I'm gonna get paid now" he said to Jordan Hardy apparently.

This fucking moron...I don't know what the fuck he thinks this is, but I guarantee you he's not getting paid for this. If anything they might have grounds to sue him. If anything I'd be making HIM pay the other guy. I would imagine they have to pay the other guy because I mean it's not his fault that his opponent pulled this stupid shit, but I'm sure the commission ain't giving Harper a fucking dime for this...and justifiably so.

They might have a case where they can sue him, and force him to pay the other guys Purse for wasting everyone's time.

Harper is an absolute idiot, and just ruined his career, and probably put himself in serious financial trouble for a while to come.
Kaepernik may be a starting NFL QB before this guy gets a fight again that will pay him anything or one that is anywhere close to a television set.

He may get some fights against club fighters and may be good enough to do brawling toughman type fights, but no way that this plays in a manner that gets you better paychecks. And I will assume that there was a clause in his contract that allowed the promoter not to pay him for this... good job, brain surgeon.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

If his beef about pay was legit he should have handled it beforehand. I’m sure more than 1/2 of those watching assumed he had simply chickened out... and maybe he did.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

that was a 1st for me. it takes guts to get in there man.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

ObJuan13 wrote:Seems like he was legitimately protesting some money situation. Was it stupid? Maybe, but I always take the side of the athlete being screwed financially, particularly in the sport of boxing.

Then he shouldn’t have signed the contract and agreed to fight.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Trainer rips into boxer Curtis Harper for bailing on televised fight: ‘He cost me money’

Trainer Nate Campbell reacts to his fighter Curtis Harper’s stunning decision to leave the ring just one second into his televised bout vs. Efe Ajagba.

By Mookie Alexander@mookiealexander

On Friday night’s Premier Boxing Champions on FS1 card, journeyman heavyweight Curtis Harper made headlines by literally bailing on his fight with prospect Efe Ajagba, as he exited the ring straight after the opening bell. Ajagba was credited with a one-second win by disqualification. Harper later told reporter Jordan Hardy that he felt he wasn’t getting paid enough and wanted respect.

Harper has not said anything to media since that bizarre moment, and it’s likely that he won’t get paid and he’ll be suspended by Minnesota’s commission.

In the meantime, Harper’s trainer, former world lightweight champion Nate Campbell, has sounded off on Harper’s behavior through his Facebook page. Among his numerous statements, Campbell accuses Harper of not being truthful with regards to his pay dispute claim.

Campbell then added that Harper’s actions cost him money, as he’s obviously not getting paid from Friday’s event, and seemed to indicate that Harper has been going after him for whatever reason.

Its sad that a guy with no integrity is trying to say anything about me period! A friend started a go fund me page I didn’t ask for it. Now this quitter is trying to say shit about me. He cost me money didn’t want to pay me for my time and then shit on the whole boxing industry! Talking about the guy that trained him couldn’t make it, judging by his physical form whoever trained him failed! He should never bring up our coach because he was using the fact I gave Doc my word to help him as a weapon. Curtis Harper is a pox! Now leave me alone, because the world saw your heart or lack there of. Oh btw he was trying to get paid. This guy cost me money and now he’s trying to make me out to be the bad guy!? I invested 10s of thousands in this mf I actually fought my last fight to put him in position to win then paid for a marginal title for him! I lost 10s of thousands!!! Now he and this woman he’s with are disrespecting me really!

That line about “my last fight” presumably refers to Campbell’s retirement bout in 2014, when he won a decision over Gilbert Venegas in the main event of a card which featured Harper in the co-main. He has worked with Harper for quite some time, including for Harper’s eight-round decision loss to Chris Arreola in 2015. It appears this incident has seemingly soured the relationship.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

interesting update
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

At least he got in the ring... more than joshua can say...
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”