Will Ward come back?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Will Ward come back?

You may select 1 option

View results

yoloswaggy911

Will Ward come back?

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

What do you think?
Danielk015

Re: Will Ward come back?

Post by Danielk015 »

I voted no. The only way I can see him come back is if Canelo runs the table for the next year or two and he is willing to come up in weight to fight Ward for a big money fight. The risk/reward scale for any other fight for Ward does not make sense.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

I voted yes because when I thought about this question, my gut was telling me he will come back.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote:I voted no. The only way I can see him come back is if Canelo runs the table for the next year or two and he is willing to come up in weight to fight Ward for a big money fight. The risk/reward scale for any other fight for Ward does not make sense.
If your scenario plays out, what weight would the fight be at?
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

He will... they had his trainer commentating in France on a boxing card and he said he is still training if the right opportunity is there.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

TheSickness316 wrote:
Danielk015 wrote:I voted no. The only way I can see him come back is if Canelo runs the table for the next year or two and he is willing to come up in weight to fight Ward for a big money fight. The risk/reward scale for any other fight for Ward does not make sense.
If your scenario plays out, what weight would the fight be at?
My comment was tongue in cheek. Canelo would never agree to fight ward, unless ward chops off an arm and comes weighs in under 165. If a make believe scenario, it fight could be at 172-173
Based

Post by Based »

He'll come back to HW if some scrub lands a World Title, he'd seek that fight out.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Based wrote:He'll come back to HW if some scrub lands a World Title, he'd seek that fight out.
that is what i am thinking too... like when charles martin had the belt... i think it that was now, he'd be on it... and imo he'd defend a la Wilder because that is where the money would be afterwards
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I think Ward comes back and beats up on Bivol at some point. I think he's itching to get back in the ring...
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ifhe goes at cruiser, imoi it wouldn't pay enough... Usyk will win the WBSS title imo and he will be the man... Usyk isn't a draw that much in N-America, same for Ward... Ward could only go for the titles and then try to milk hem but there isn't any money at CW in N-America... IMO a move at HW vs a vulnerable champ or a Kov rematch/Stevenson fight is more probable
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I don’t have much doubt that he comes back
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Without a doubt he'll be back.....he's still training and is eyeing up potential fights, he's just waiting for the right opportunity.
Ward/Bellew at cruiser makes sense and/or a shot at the WBSS cruiserweight winner.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Yep. Most fighters don't truly retire when they're still in their prime.
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

Based wrote:He'll come back to HW if some scrub lands a World Title, he'd seek that fight out.

I voted no and forgot Ward was LHW. I still think of him as MW for some reason.

I don't see another John Ruiz winning a belt at HW anytime soon though; and Ward is only getting older.

But then, I want to see the winner of Wilder/Joshua lose a belt on accident, like they forgot to file their sanctioning license or the check didn't go through and some nobody is at the right place at the right time and his check cleared and Andre is like "I can pawn this old plasma TV I keep in my garage for a licensing fee" and one of the alphabet gang agrees.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

If somebody at LH unifies the division and he only has to fight one guy look out. Unless its Kovalev because he don't want no mo.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”