Did Golovkin make the right decision passing on $20m?

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Did Golovkin make the right decision passing on $20m?

You may select 1 option

View results

CageyVeteran

Re: Did Golovkin make the right decision passing on $20m?

Post by CageyVeteran »

I know people don't like Golovkin, I can dig it.

But Canelo is the reason why the fight didn't go off as planned. Golovkin wanted 50-50 split and Canelo says no way.

What does Canelo stand for "tainted meat?"
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

But Canelo is the reason why the fight didn't go off as planned. Golovkin wanted 50-50 split and Canelo says no way.

And people rightfully don't like Canelo: He's a cheating, Diva, piece of crap, who has damn near everybody in the sport in his pocket. Without him ruining the rematch, none of this would be necessary.

But in the subsequent negotiations, GGG did himself no favors by demanding 50/50, and trying to play hard ball with the A-Side Princess. You still have to have some perspective on the situation, and can't completely delude yourself about your worth.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote:

And people rightfully don't like Canelo: He's a cheating, Diva, piece of crap, who has damn near everybody in the sport in his pocket. Without him ruining the rematch, none of this would be necessary.

But in the subsequent negotiations, GGG did himself no favors by demanding 50/50, and trying to play hard ball with the A-Side Princess. You still have to have some perspective on the situation, and can't completely delude yourself about your worth.
Maybe he just didn't feel he needed the rematch that much, did you ever consider that?

He's still the Champion with or without a Canelo rematch. He still makes a very comfortable living with or without the rematch.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Maybe he just didn't feel he needed the rematch that much, did you ever consider that?

He's still the Champion with or without a Canelo rematch. He still makes a very comfortable living with or without the rematch.
Hey, if GGG feels comfortable with moving on with his career, and putting Canelo behind him, more power to him. And if that is the case, we shouldn't hear any more bitching from him or his camp going forward.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

IMO, it was a mistake for not moving from 50-50 demands. maybe GGG could get another fight with Canelo down the line, but I would have advised GGG to take the 60-40 split. IMO, GGG would have beaten Canelo even wider in the rematch. And arguablle, it would be 1-0-1 for GGG and there is a chance Canelo would cry for a 3rd fight. And GGG couldve have granted him that fight but now at a 50-50 split and another nice payday. I hope it all works out for GGG. I prefer fighters getting paid.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Danielk015 wrote:IMO, it was a mistake for not moving from 50-50 demands. maybe GGG could get another fight with Canelo down the line, but I would have advised GGG to take the 60-40 split. IMO, GGG would have beaten Canelo even wider in the rematch. And arguablle, it would be 1-0-1 for GGG and there is a chance Canelo would cry for a 3rd fight. And GGG couldve have granted him that fight but now at a 50-50 split and another nice payday. I hope it all works out for GGG. I prefer fighters getting paid.
I would have advised taking the 60-40 split also IF the split was offered. Oscar contradicts himself when he said he was sticking to the demands which when said that was a 65-35 split, but then said he was willing to do the 60-40 split. He's pretty much talking out of both sides of his mouth.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

GGG still has all the belts but one....GGG won the first fight....with a CLENITO........I blame DLH for this not happening and the needle marks on the Cheater with the corrupt judges..........If you don't KO STEROIDYELLOW.......you lose....that is the way it works.....
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

Floyd is the only person that can dictate terms because no matter what he was the draw.

STERNelo (thanks gino) thinks he's on that level or of Oscar? No, he has to split with Golovkin just for fans in Mexico where he should be the man. Every one sees that each guy is posturing and both secretly hoping the other guy balks. Like 50-50 split. They could do a 55-45, 54-46, 53-47, 52-48, 51-49 split, either side could have come up with that like Hatton and Pacquio, but nope. Each had an escape hatch and both jumped through.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”