Star Wars: The Last Jedi SUCKED!

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Canvas

Star Wars: The Last Jedi SUCKED!

Post by Canvas »

Have my leather recliner reserved. The late show. I 'll be back here by about 1 AM Pacific Time to fill this forum full of spoilers. :twisted:

May the force be with you.
Last edited by Canvas on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
babak

Re: Got my ticket for Star Wars tonight

Post by babak »

lol that sounds pretty fucking depressing
If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I thought it sucked by the way. Really disappointing.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I will wait till it pops out on the net
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

I'm probably going to see it next Sunday.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

For whatever reason, this is something Ive never really got into. I do remember watching "Star Wars" as a kid, but that's about it. (Billy Dee Williams, Harrison Ford)
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I watched the original 6 George Lucas Star Wars movies. Liked about 3 of them.

Haven't cared to see any of the newer Star Wars movies.

My favorite thing to have come out of the Star Wars franchise was probably the Knights of the Old Republic games for the X Box.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

The whole thing was a big, stupid, convoluted mess. Star Wars for millennials. Plenty of girl power feminism and pc themes. The whole thing was an insult to long time fans who go back to the original movies. The Luke Skywalker storyline was weak and pathetic. The Snoke character goes nowhere.

And Rey is somehow this extremely powerful Jedi and expert with a light sabre despite having received no training.

Unsatisfying and very disappointing. I can not understand why the film reviewers are raving about it. Disney has taken a steaming dump on the whole legacy of the mythology.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Lots of unanswered questions, aside from all that Canvas they keep ya guessing who Reys daddy is.
I was more disappointed that they snuck Rouge One in we could of seen the last part of this thing by now.
Hopefully no more stand alone fill in movies.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

Canvas wrote:The whole thing was a big, stupid, convoluted mess. Star Wars for millennials. Plenty of girl power feminism and pc themes. The whole thing was an insult to long time fans who go back to the original movies. The Luke Skywalker storyline was weak and pathetic. The Snoke character goes nowhere.

And Rey is somehow this extremely powerful Jedi and expert with a light sabre despite having received no training.

Unsatisfying and very disappointing. I can not understand why the film reviewers are raving about it. Disney has taken a steaming dump on the whole legacy of the mythology.
I'm on board with that. Even though I have not watched the movie, the other two SW films that recently came out were eh. Fun movies because of the CGI and action, but they're all flawed, just like most of those marvel movies, yet more reviewers go nuts over them. I think Disney and Marvel are writing checks.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

bunch of motherfuckers out there trying to ruin my god damn childhood is what it is.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

apparently I am not the only one who didn't like it. Rotten Tomatoes only 56 percent of the audience liked it. I could go on and on about all bad points to this movie, but I don't want to inadvertently make spoilers. I am going to change this threads title.
Danielk015

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi SUCKED!

Post by Danielk015 »

it is simply a bad movie period. The Director, Rian Johnson gave the big middle finger to anyone that is a Star Wars fan. The movie has some of the worst plot holes in any movie in history. While some of the acting is good, character development is non existent. There is nothing to care about with the characters. Whether the good ones or bad ones. Lazy writing and very bad storytelling. I thought it could not get worse from Abrams, but at least Abrams set up the characters to get more interesting in subsequent films, Rian just trashed all of it.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Liked the original 3 as a kid.

Didn't care for the prequels at allas.

Saw 'The Force Awakens' about 6 months ago on TV, it was terrible. No interest in seeing this one, or any other SW movie. If Disney wants to make Star Wars movies, they should just broadcast ESPN in outer space.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

The Force Awakens was excellent compared to this train wreck.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote:Liked the original 3 as a kid.

Didn't care for the prequels at allas.

Saw 'The Force Awakens' about 6 months ago on TV, it was terrible. No interest in seeing this one, or any other SW movie. If Disney wants to make Star Wars movies, they should just broadcast ESPN in outer space.

LMAO

I don't get how it's become this cultural phenomenon. That alone annoys the fuck out of me. I'm starting to become the 'get off my lawn' guy I guess.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Star Wars has always sucked to me... the force awakens was ok in a “nothing to do, I’ll go watch some junk food entertainment” kinda way...

No plans on seeing whatever bullshit they just put out. Star Wars, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are all the same movie as far as I’m concerned
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

watched it last night... nothing impressive... but i guess for the fans, it gives them a reasonable star wars ride for 2 hours.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

I was of the era of the originals and never thought any of them were particular good beyond being entertaining for an elementary school aged kid.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Never watched any of them
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I watched the original when it first came out and thought it was great...that said, I never rewatched it or watched any of the sequels.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

As a Super Big Star Wars fan I can say I was quite disappointed.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Alot of the original story is being regurgitated.
If it comes out that Rey and Kilo are actually brother and sister that will be kind of hard to explain after the fact. Did Leah and Lando get busy after Han bounced? I still figure Luke is her dad, she has to get the stuff from somebody. It sure aint Yoda.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”