Jay Nady

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Jay Nady

Post by lurkyshaka »

Thank God he doesn't referee the big fights anymore.....he is a terrible official.

I'm just watching Winky vs Tito....masterful display by Wright, he had the basics nailed and was tactically brilliant that night.

But fucking hell.....Nady was on Trinidad's case all night long. Its a constant stream of abuse basically. Nady shouting at Trinidad virtually every time he punched. Winky's trunks were high but Nady was shouting lowblow everytime Trinidad even thought to punch. Then he's moaning about their feet coming together even though that's just an occupational hazard when a southpaw meets a orthadox.

Nady was/is an awful official, big headed and extremely biased. Its a mercy that we don't really have to tolerate him all that much nowadays.
NoPropaganda 253

Re: Jay Nady

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

No love for prime, focused Nady? :)
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:Image

No love for prime, focused Nady? :)
Just wish he would have punched him, would have been Zab's finest moment imo!!
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Agreed lurk. He was all over tito for borderline punchea in that fight. He ruined the hop taylor fights too... he breaks way to quickly and over officiates
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

12th round of hop Taylor 2.... bernard hits nady in the nuts. Nady says "owe you hit me in the balls"

Even refs are no match for hopkins dirty tactica
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:12th round of hop Taylor 2.... bernard hits nady in the nuts. Nady says "owe you hit me in the balls"

Even refs are no match for hopkins dirty tactica
Yeah that was a classic....lol
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I've seen worse refs than Nady, but he's not one of my favorites.

Wish they could all be like Steve Smoger or Frank Cappucino lol
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

gilgamesh wrote:I've seen worse refs than Nady, but he's not one of my favorites.

Wish they could all be like Steve Smoger or Frank Cappucino lol
Yeah a couple of great referees.....no nonsense but fair and with a clear understanding that people have come to see the fighters fight, not them referee.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

Ive seen far worse than Nady as well. Judah was being a jackazz by the way, after Tszyu knocked him senseless. That wasn't Nady's fault.
"My belt says the heavyweight champ of the world!"(Wilder)
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
NoPropaganda 253

Bertel1 wrote:Ive seen far worse than Nady as well. Judah was being a jackazz by the way, after Tszyu knocked him senseless. That wasn't Nady's fault.
Hence the prime, focused Nady label. As a die hard Tito fan I don't mind the choke after the fact.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:Ive seen far worse than Nady as well. Judah was being a jackazz by the way, after Tszyu knocked him senseless. That wasn't Nady's fault.
Hence the prime, focused Nady label. As a die hard Tito fan I don't mind the choke after the fact.

The former Platinum Toothed Assassin was probably fined heavily for that stunt .
"So does his, and he has a couple of them" (Jim Gray, *in reference to Anthony Joshua)
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

My most annoying moment involving Nady was when Nady somehow managed to miss the clean knockdown Barrera scored against Juan Marquez. Barrera holds out his hands and punches Marquez while he was down out of frustration.
NoPropaganda 253

Bertel1 wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

The former Platinum Toothed Assassin was probably fined heavily for that stunt .
I was at that fight. Entire post fight sequence was comedy.
NoPropaganda 253

Bertel1 wrote:My most annoying moment involving Nady was when Nady somehow managed to miss the clean knockdown Barrera scored against Juan Marquez. Barrera holds out his hands and punches Marquez while he was down out of frustration.
Screwed Barrera and the cards. 3 pt swing I believe. 9-8 Barrera became 10-8 the other way. That said, Barrera was just nasty with that late shot. Actually seemed to ponder throwing it and said fuck it. Marcos was always mean in the ring and I loved him for it. #naseemfullneslon

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Barrera outwork and boxed El Dinamita that night.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

How he didn't believe that Marquez got dropped is beyond me. Clear as day knockdown
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He called it no knockdown because of the cheap shot. Wrong call but he didnt say slip
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Yes, pretty fucking stupid if he thinks a foul after the matter means no kd is counted.
NoPropaganda 253

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:He called it no knockdown because of the cheap shot. Wrong call but he didnt say slip
He made up a rule; i.e., Nady'ed the shit out of that one.
lurkyshaka

Post by lurkyshaka »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
Bertel1 wrote:My most annoying moment involving Nady was when Nady somehow managed to miss the clean knockdown Barrera scored against Juan Marquez. Barrera holds out his hands and punches Marquez while he was down out of frustration.
Screwed Barrera and the cards. 3 pt swing I believe. 9-8 Barrera became 10-8 the other way. That said, Barrera was just nasty with that late shot. Actually seemed to ponder throwing it and said fuck it. Marcos was always mean in the ring and I loved him for it. #naseemfullneslon

I know I'm in the minority, but I still think Barrera outwork and boxed El Dinamita that night.
I agree on all points. Barrera beat Marquez but Nady helped make sure he didn't get the verdict with another terrible refereeing display.

And Marco was a mean fucker but i respect that ruthlessness.....Dillian Whyte has a similar attitude, in the Helenius fight the Fins mouthguard came out and Whyte tried to rush and punch him again just because he saw a temporary edge and wanted to take advantage. I can't help but respect that kind of ruthless nastiness in a fighting situation.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

______

I felt the same way, Barrera got shafted on those cards. Marquez is always saying he got robbed, even when he clearly losses.
Bertel1

Post by Bertel1 »

One of the funniest KO's in Boxing history @ No Prop. Poor Zab, that sucked for him. In hindsight he tried to get up too quickly. Hell Im sure I would have done the same.
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Post by Presteezh »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
jeff_lacy_ko wrote:He called it no knockdown because of the cheap shot. Wrong call but he didnt say slip

Looking at that clip it seems he's waving off the Knockdown before the cheapshot.
NoPropaganda 253

Presteezh wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

Looking at that clip it seems he's waving off the Knockdown before the cheapshot.
Ya, it does. He could just be reacting to Marcos about to throw that right hook, but that does take away his excuse. Clearly was waiving off the kd prior to the shot landing. Jay Nady'ed the hell out of that fight either way.
NoPropaganda 253

Bertel1 wrote:One of the funniest KO's in Boxing history @ No Prop. Poor Zab, that sucked for him. In hindsight he tried to get up too quickly. Hell Im sure I would have done the same.
It was nuts. Lost my little money to my buddy(what I get for doubting Tzyu) and gladly sat back and watched hilarity ensue. Zab fans tried to rush the ring after he choked Nady and were held up by 1 giant security.

Always wondered what the hell he was trying to tell Nady before he fell on his face.
NoPropaganda 253

lurkyshaka wrote: I agree on all points. Barrera beat Marquez but Nady helped make sure he didn't get the verdict with another terrible refereeing display.

And Marco was a mean fucker but i respect that ruthlessness.....Dillian Whyte has a similar attitude, in the Helenius fight the Fins mouthguard came out and Whyte tried to rush and punch him again just because he saw a temporary edge and wanted to take advantage. I can't help but respect that kind of ruthless nastiness in a fighting situation.
White has been trained proper then. Protect yourself at all times. If you're on the other side of that fence better expect the same shot is coming back. Barrera cracks me up though. From smacking Morales in the face off to the JMM shot he was indeed ruthless in there.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”