GGG Canelo Final Pick

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

GGG Canelo Final Pick

You may select 1 option

View results

daintyhulk

GGG Canelo Final Pick

Post by daintyhulk »

So make your decision known and justify your choice.
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
daintyhulk

Re: GGG Canelo Final Pick

Post by daintyhulk »

GGG by KO/TKO in 8th/9th.
--There's nothing more deceiving than the obvious truth--
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Went with GGG by KO but with nowhere near the confidence I would have had a couple years ago.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

GGG by KO somewhere between the 9th and 12th round I'm thinking.
chuck9788

Post by chuck9788 »

I see GGG hurting Canelo in the 9th round.

Golovkin wins 116-111.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

DRAW
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Canelo by split decision. I just have a hunch...and of course I could be DEAD WRONG!!! So I'm riding with the Red Chicken, but I think this is going to be a helluva fight no matter who wins. Still just happy we're finally seeing it.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Canelo decision
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

I pick GGG by KO in rounds 9 to 12.
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

GGG decision. I don't think that Canelo necessarily opens himself up for the huge shot that GGG would like to throw, and I don't think that the body assault will sap him to the point of going down.

I would not be surprised to see a flash knockdown at some point early (with Canelo going down), but not a finish. I think that GGG will just look like the bigger, stronger guy and that Canelo will not hurt him early. I do think that Canelo may get GGG's attention around the 3rd or 4th round, and then GGG will outbox him and keep him in a bit of a shell on the way to a victory.

If Canelo can legitimately hurt GGG early, and that is a big 'if', Canelo will be able to win the fight. Without that, I think that GGG will semi-cruise.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Triple split decision victory. The jab will dictate the action and 2 of the judges will call the fight the right way.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

GGG by KO, he can't leave it in the hands of the judges
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

GGG is who I've thought would always win this fight and I'm sticking with that prediction. I think he will win by KO because don't know what will happen if this fight somehow goes all twelve, and the way judging can be, his best bet is to win by knockout.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

DBO wrote:DRAW
lmao there's always one!
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Canelo by KO probably around the 8th
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Based

Post by Based »

I got GGG by TKO/KO. I definitely don't see a Canelo winning by TKO/KO unless GGG hurts get injured (like an ACL injury or so, or torn rotator cup). I can see Canelo lasting all 12 if he goes on survival mode, and even possibly winning on the cards via robbery. I do believe GGG will struggle with Canelo early. Canelo will look flashy with his combination punching and clean landed counters. There will be a huge difference in hand speed. Once Canelo is up on the cards GGG will start walking through Cannel's power punches, taking more chances because Canelo will not be able to hurt him. Once CAnelo starts to feel the power, he'll start covering up more. I also believe the extra bulk Canelo is carrying will slow him down and hurt his stamina even more. He's proved he can't fight every second of a 12 round fight. When Canelo starts to gas, it's going to look like the 4th round of Brook-GGG. Canelo is going to put up a fight until his corner stops the fight or goes down like Chocolalito did last week. I think Chocolalito vs Sor is similar to GGG vs Canelo. GGG is just better than Sor and a greater puncher. GGG is just better defensively compared to Chocolalito.

Jacobs survived because of his extra size, mobility and height advantage. Canelo doesn't have that, or even close to the power Jacobs has.
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

I think GGG has the size and power to stop Canelo, I like the look of G arriving in Vegas he has that glow about him that says great shape.
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

I am picking GGG but I am hearing many people going with Canelo by decision or late round stoppage
athenian

Post by athenian »

GGG majority decision. One horrible card for Canela
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Can't make up my mind...

I've gone over various scenarios in my head. I really think Alvarez can pull it off. Logically I would have to favour Golovkin.
Iluvboxing
TTR Amateur Boxer

Post by Iluvboxing »

I have Canelo by a decision, though I can see him stopping GGG late possibly if GGG gets real aggressive and behind on the cards. I can totally see it the other way and see GGG stopping Canelo, but I have Canelo in this fight.
Iluvboxing
TTR Amateur Boxer

Post by Iluvboxing »

I have Canelo by a decision, though I can see him stopping GGG late possibly if GGG gets real aggressive and behind on the cards. I can totally see it the other way and see GGG stopping Canelo, but I have Canelo in this fight.
MRC

Post by MRC »

With the age factor I got Canelo by decision. Will be a great fight either way... Either GGG by KO/TKO or Canelo by decision. If GGG can pull it off, got to give him full props.
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Golovkin by TKO......

Alvarez hasn't the range to outbox GGG. If its cautious then Golovkin's jab will hold an edge. And when a fire fight breaks out then I like Golovkin to prove to be both the more powerful and more sturdy.

But this is a fight where the industry wants to see Alvarez prevail. Golovkin can't afford for this to be close because he'll get no favours from the officials. He needs to cement a victory here and the best way to do that would be break Alvarez up and take it out of the officials hands.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Canelo by the biggest robbery ever seen in Vegas.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”