GGG Canelo Final Pick

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

GGG Canelo Final Pick

You may select 1 option

View results

TopNotch86

Re: GGG Canelo Final Pick

Post by TopNotch86 »

canelo by giving golovkin an overdose of nyquil zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
icefold

Post by icefold »

GGG by ko round 6
icefold

Post by icefold »

Tommy wrote:Canelo by the biggest robbery ever seen in Vegas.
I can see that happen too!
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

i just hope the judges arent swayed by the pre-emptive robbery calls by "boxing insiders" before the fight who are basically saying the only way canelo wins a decsion is by robbery. all that pressure on the judges may sway them toward gifting GGG a decision he doesnt earn
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Ggg comfortable decision. Canelo knows how to survive. He will resign himself in the middle rounds and make sure he isnt stopped

Ggg does everything better than canelo.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

canelo has much better defense, is a better inside fighter, is a better combination puncher, and gggs stalking style plays right into canelos counterpunching style... styles make fights and canelos will prevail in this one
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

I think some people really overplay how much and how good of a counterpuncher Canelo is. He's got more of that to him than GGG does, but he's been a plod forward, combo punching stalker in more fights than he's been this slick counterpuncher who loves to outbox aggressive opponents.
Last edited by Tocsin on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Ggg comfortable decision. Canelo knows how to survive. He will resign himself in the middle rounds and make sure he isnt stopped

One of the oldest sayings is sports is:

It's not what you do...it's who you do it against.

GGG has looked better than damn near every boxer in the sport over the last few yeas, against hapless opposition.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

TopNotch86 wrote:canelo has much better defense, is a better inside fighter, is a better combination puncher, and gggs stalking style plays right into canelos counterpunching style... styles make fights and canelos will prevail in this one
If Golovkin fights as a coming forward stalker exclusively you MIGHT be right. If he's patient and makes Canelo work to get around his jab, it's a different fight.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Golovkin by DEC or Late Stoppage.....Weather he Gets the Proper DEC will be anyones guess....I think we See a Golovkin Similar to the David Leamuix fight....Patiant Jab while capitalizing on openings

Alvarez went from being one of my Favorite up and comers to one of my more hated fighters.....he has made his way back to being a fighter i respect....Hopefully the judges/ref/etc dont have another influence on that...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
dwightmac83

Post by dwightmac83 »

Draw. Canelo will win wide one one, GGG close on another one like a 115-113 type and 114 even lock of the weekend
Last edited by dwightmac83 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I think ggg is the superior infighter and combination puncher. His footwork is much better as is his jab and power.

Jacobs beats everyone canelos beat.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

dwightmac83 wrote:I will give my pick Sunday morning. I have a strong feeling about this one
Doesn't count for nothing Sunday Morning :lol:
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

TopNotch86 wrote:canelo has much better defense, is a better inside fighter, is a better combination puncher, and gggs stalking style plays right into canelos counterpunching style... styles make fights and canelos will prevail in this one
A lot of posting and a lot of confidence coming your way, Top.

Are you Loser-Donates-To-13 confident or no? Calling you out, man.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote:

One of the oldest sayings is sports is:

It's not what you do...it's who you do it against.

GGG has looked better than damn near every boxer in the sport over the last few yeas, against hapless opposition.

you spelled Chocolatito wrong
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

I'm the biggest GGG hugger there is, but I'll take that bet just steal your parents' money.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

TopNotch86 wrote:i just hope the judges arent swayed by the pre-emptive robbery calls by "boxing insiders" before the fight who are basically saying the only way canelo wins a decsion is by robbery. all that pressure on the judges may sway them toward gifting GGG a decision he doesnt earn

Lol
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Tommy wrote:Canelo by the biggest robbery ever seen in Vegas.

I can see this happening too....
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

I love how so many articles written about this fight openly talks about how if this makes it past 12 that GGG will get robbed.
Papa1472002

Post by Papa1472002 »

GGG by TKO 11
Peat56

Post by Peat56 »

Papa1472002 wrote:GGG by TKO 11
I'll second that one. I see a late round KO victory for triple G
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

I'm the biggest GGG hugger there is, but I'll take that bet just steal your parents' money.
Run it, Bubble Boy. 100 to 13 once orange turns to red.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

daintyhulk wrote:GGG by KO/TKO in 8th/9th.

Same
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote:I think ggg is the superior infighter and combination puncher. His footwork is much better as is his jab and power.

Jacobs beats everyone canelos beat.

Agree. Canelo Footwork will be his downfall. It has always been the weakest part of his game. That and his output.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

I guess I am picking GGG to get the win. Possibly by late stoppage. I think Canelo can pull off the upset but he has an uphill battle in front of him.

I don't really care who wins..I'm just looking forward to seeing it.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”