Sparring Partners discuss floyd

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
babak

Sparring Partners discuss floyd

Post by babak »

If we fight for money, I’ll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I’ll stop hitting you when I feel like it.” - rickson gracie
Hillsinitialrebirth

Re: Sparring Partners discuss floyd

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I saw this article, and it's a pretty good article. I'm just surprised ESPN actually put it out there, because it just solidifies that Conor has absolutely no chance in this epic farce.
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

I really don't like how the label "sparring partner" in boxing has been reduced to meaning lesser.

Could call it "training partner"... in MMA guys are called "teammates"...
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

The way they describe his right leads and body punches is exactly what I see him doing in this "fight," until he feels safe and starts opening up. He's going to lean in and stab the dude with one shot at a time. Not give him anything to counter.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Yup. Conor will be gassed from missing so much and getting hit with rights. Unless floyd is totally shot - and from all indications he still looks great - this fight going past 6 rounds would be shocking
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

I think it goes past 6 because Floyd is going to take his time. He's not going to be in a rush to get him out of their. He's going to physically and mentally break him down to the body until there's nothing else left but for Conor to accept he's been defeated. But he doesn't have the skill of a Mosley or Judah to survive.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

This fight will look worse than Floyd/Gatti. Conor is going to take an ass whoopin. First KO in a long time for Floyd.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

He'll do better than Gatti... this isn't that same Floyd.
tainos

Post by tainos »

Conor isnt Gatti either. He will be a punching bag just like Gatti was. It will look similar in that they will have to stop it I believe.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

Yeah, but that fight was ugly from the first round on. I don't think Mayweather will let his hands go early on enough for it to get out of hand that quick.

I'm leaning towards it looking like the Hatton...
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Floyd is going out with a KO. Conner has no chance.
tainos

Post by tainos »

We will see. I got massive ass whoopin where Floyd is hitting him at will. The only problem i see is will Floyds hands hold up because they will be putting on a lot of use. I remember Floyd hurting his hand against Gatti because he was hitting him so much. Same thing here I see.
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

yeah, I think the only debate is what type of ass whooping Conor is going to get.

I figure Floyd is going to come forward and fight on the inside. So I see a Hattonesque ass whooping. I assume if many feel he'll sit back and counter, then it's a Gatti-type ass whooping.

As far as his hands... he should say fuck it... last time he'll be using them... might as well let them go. But if he hurts them, he'll start going to the body and just probably get a corner stoppage.
Iluvboxing
TTR Amateur Boxer

Post by Iluvboxing »

theVAMP wrote:yeah, I think the only debate is what type of ass whooping Conor is going to get.

I figure Floyd is going to come forward and fight on the inside. So I see a Hattonesque ass whooping. I assume if many feel he'll sit back and counter, then it's a Gatti-type ass whooping.

As far as his hands... he should say fuck it... last time he'll be using them... might as well let them go. But if he hurts them, he'll start going to the body and just probably get a corner stoppage.
Yup agreed on all counts. I think Floyd gets a stoppage in this one. I saw him at Media day yesterday, and he looked better than I thought he would. He still looked like he may be the best fighter in the world....or at the least if you let him fight at his pace he'll still beat anybody. The technique on his punches are flawless, he still throws lasers, so sharp.
threadkiller

Post by threadkiller »

You in vegas Ilove
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

tainos wrote:We will see. I got massive ass whoopin where Floyd is hitting him at will. The only problem i see is will Floyds hands hold up because they will be putting on a lot of use. I remember Floyd hurting his hand against Gatti because he was hitting him so much. Same thing here I see.
The liver is softer than that thick, skull of Conor's. He'll load up to body when Tappy ends up out of position throughout the fight.
theVAMP

Post by theVAMP »

Just thought about it... its not illegal to feint kicks is it?

Although he might not actually do it... to see a person about to kick you or think they are could freeze you in your tracks.

Maybe he feints kicks and tries to create openings from Floyd reacting differently than you would from a feint of a punch.
Based

Post by Based »

I saw McGregor on the heavy bag today, he's way too slow for Floyd. No doubt he a great MMA fighter, but this won't be much of a boxing match. Floyd will tag him at all, and probably stop him when McGregor gasses out.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Connor like a snake in the grass laying in wait.... :)
Chef

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”