Thurman Vs Garcia & Fonfara Vs Dawson

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who wins: DSG vs. Thurman

Poll ended at Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:21 am

DSG Dec
30%
Thurman Dec
50%
DSG Stoppage
No votes
Thurman Stoppage
20%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 40

DSuperman25

Thurman Vs Garcia & Fonfara Vs Dawson

Post by DSuperman25 »

I've been gone a while so I have no real idea of who's picking who for this very anticipated (and important) welterweight clash Saturday. So what say you?

I have DSG once again digging out a hard fought, controversial SD win against a game Thurman.
elterrible33

Re: Who wins DSG-Thurman

Post by elterrible33 »

Rooting for danny but, i think thurman hits harder at welter. It should be a competitive fight.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I picked Thurman by decision but would not be shocked to see Danny grit out another one. Looking forward to this one.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Kool Keith by decision. Danny will be affected more than Keith by power shots and his lack of mobility will set him up for power from odd angles and and a can't miss target for the stiff jab to the belly.

Fuck 2Hands and his pops. WAR PONYTAIL AND LISP

I want that sig, Supermane!!!
CageyVeteran

Post by CageyVeteran »

I going to go with Thurman only because he saw what Peterson did to Diaz. He won't start as late.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

DSG has a good chin to go along w/ his KO power but I think Kool Keith out hustles and out lasts Garcia in route to a points win.... Should be a good fight from start to finish....
Chef
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

Thurman by decision... it's not going to be close.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Garcia. No reason just a hunch.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

I got DSG by KO.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

The Pony Tail dies...and the lisp gets corrected in less than a week!!!

But seriously: I just think Danny is a flat out better fighter than Thurman. Danny does everything well, and does everything better than Thurman does. Thurman is rangier, and you can say he's a bit more explosive, but his power has been greatly exaggerated.

I think Danny fundamentals Thurman to death, on his way to a UD. But don't be surprised if Thurman gets caught with something big early, and goes down. Danny will use his early aggressiveness against him.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote:The Pony Tail dies...and the lisp gets corrected in less than a week!!!

But seriously: I just think Danny is a flat out better fighter than Thurman. Danny does everything well, and does everything better than Thurman does. Thurman is rangier, and you can say he's a bit more explosive, but his power has been greatly exaggerated.

I think Danny fundamentals Thurman to death, on his way to a UD. But don't be surprised if Thurman gets caught with something big early, and goes down. Danny will use his early aggressiveness against him.
I laughed.... :)
Chef
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Garcia is a bit more polished, if he uses hs legs and counters not letting Thurman cut off the ring it could be a good night as long as he picks his spots carefully to change up and initiate the action.
I got Garcia by UD but won't be surprised if he baits Keith coming in and clocks him with the left hook.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

The voting is closer than I thought it was going to be. Most people thought Garcia couldn't beat most guys in the top 10 a couple of years ago. He looked pretty bad in the first 6 rounds vs the clumsy Guerrero, but dominated the second half of the fight. Thruman imo looked terrible vs Porter. He looked wild and off balance for most of the fight. I can see Garcia adjusting to Thurman and taking over late in the fight, but I think it's also possible Thurman out hustles him in close rounds. If Garcia is struggling with Thurmans atrack early, I can see Garcia head butting and throwing low blows like he did with Matthysse to neutralize his attack. If Thurman is going to win this one, he will have to be tactical and not making it a brawl because Garcia left hook might drop him. I mean Matthysse was putting it on Garcia because the fouls. Thurman needs to attack early and often and overpower garcia on the inside to win. Garcia has struggled with speed, like vs a shot Judah and Herrera. I think it will be a close fight and it will end up being a war. Thurman is the better fighter but will need the right game plan to win. Avoiding that Garcia's left hook is really his only problem. Herrera did it and dominated Garcia. Then again Thurman doesn't throw a jab and isn't very true boxer. He's just a great athlete. I can't wait to see this one.
elterrible33

Post by elterrible33 »

Garcia is becoming a poor man's floyd mayweather. Granted he is nowhere near as talented but, i see a lot of similarities. Both guys were hated by many throughout their careers. Both had loud mouth fathers who tried to steal the spotlight. Both should have lost but were given gifts by the judges (castillo and herrara). Everyone always rooted for both guys to lose and so far they have come out on top. Garcia has a ways to go to be anywhere near floyds level but, a convincing win over cool keith would be a step in the right direction.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

I got Thurman winning but it'll be a great fight. I'm really excited for this one. Not often we get fights like this these days. Props to both for making it happen. I've always liked Danny but I think Thurman willl be too much for him. He's proven me wrong before though with matthysse,so I won't count him out.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

elterrible33 wrote:Garcia is becoming a poor man's floyd mayweather. Granted he is nowhere near as talented but, i see a lot of similarities. Both guys were hated by many throughout their careers. Both had loud mouth fathers who tried to steal the spotlight. Both should have lost but were given gifts by the judges (castillo and herrara). Everyone always rooted for both guys to lose and so far they have come out on top. Garcia has a ways to go to be anywhere near floyds level but, a convincing win over cool keith would be a step in the right direction.
Floyd did NOT lose to Castillo I've seen that fight 100x and he won 7 rounds IMO. People are just reaching to find a loss for Floyd with that one. Even if you had him losing, he did the right thing and gave him a rematch and whooped that ass. Garcia may have lost to Herrera though and should have fought him again
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I'm going with Danny
Presteezh
President Of Zab Nation

Post by Presteezh »

Don't Like Thurman, use to hate Danny but Danny has proven me wrong too many times. Danny SD.
Based

Post by Based »

Lol Castillo dominated Floyd. Anyone who scored that for Floyd is just a dick rider or needs to learn how to score a fight.
Wheezy

Post by Wheezy »

i don't think this one is all that close tbh.

i like danny but if you go back and watch his fights, you'll notice he looks spectacular vs no-names like salka but less so against better competition. add in the fact that he's never fought someone at 147 with thurmans resume, power and skillset and i think its a recipe for the first official L on danny's record.

danny's also been the benefactor of favourable matchups and decisions and his best win is against khan @ 140.

thurman on the other hand has taken on slightly better competition but primarily @ 147. he has good power but also much better movement than danny, which imo will be the deciding factor in the fight. i don't believe danny moves well enough on his feet where by he can set up his thunderous left hand.

thurman UD 8-4 or 9-3
as promised, no more voodoo manny mom
lurkyshaka
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion
TTR Challenge #1 & 2 Champion

Post by lurkyshaka »

Thurman wins and well.

He has the ability to edge Garcia when it comes to boxing and the power to really make him pay a heavy if Garcia tries to make things happen. Garcia hasn't fought a live opponent in ages and should have 2 losses on his slate from 140. But I'm fairly confident his lucky run is coming to an end.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Based wrote:Lol Castillo dominated Floyd. Anyone who scored that for Floyd is just a dick rider or needs to learn how to score a fight.
Not if you score it round by round... but amateurs who don't understand the sport tend to judge the fight as a whole. Castillo won his rounds by wider margins sure but dominating 5 rounds doesn't beat winning 7 rounds... not the way boxing is scored at least.... feel free to point to punch total stats below to further prove my point.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Thurman wins the fight via fairly close decision over Garcia I think. There's probably demand for a rematch if it's a reasonably entertaining fight
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

TopNotch86 wrote:
elterrible33 wrote:Garcia is becoming a poor man's floyd mayweather. Granted he is nowhere near as talented but, i see a lot of similarities. Both guys were hated by many throughout their careers. Both had loud mouth fathers who tried to steal the spotlight. Both should have lost but were given gifts by the judges (castillo and herrara). Everyone always rooted for both guys to lose and so far they have come out on top. Garcia has a ways to go to be anywhere near floyds level but, a convincing win over cool keith would be a step in the right direction.
Floyd did NOT lose to Castillo I've seen that fight 100x and he won 7 rounds IMO. People are just reaching to find a loss for Floyd with that one. Even if you had him losing, he did the right thing and gave him a rematch and whooped that ass. Garcia may have lost to Herrera though and should have fought him again
I've seen the Floyd vs Castillo fight multiple times, and I always have it for Castillo, and I know how to score fights.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I had the Floyd-Castillo fight a draw, but wouldn't have been upset in the least if Castillo got the win. It was kind of a weird fight in the way of scoring....

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”