Watching the Watchers: Keeping tabs on Officials

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Watching the Watchers: Keeping tabs on Officials

Post by gilgamesh »

Cagiva9 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:18 pm Larry Hazzard Jr: 119/108 - Charlo/Korobov...wtf?
The 3 judges were questionable on the Jermell vs Harrison fight too. I'll have to look up who it was, but yeah Korobov definitely won more than 1 round in that fight. Hell I had him winning 3 of the first 4 when I was watching it. I didn't finish scoring the whole bout, but I had him winning that many that early in the bout.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Mercante. I am thinking he sold out to someone who had money on an Andrade stoppage. I can't honestly think of a more likely explanation for stopping a fight with about 30 seconds remaining and Akavov neither hurt nor in trouble.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Canvas wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:41 am
Bertel1 wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:
I never got to see that fight, but a friend of mine saw it and agreed Santa Cruz was screwed royally. I'll have to go back and catch that one at some point.
_____

It was a terrible decision
Yes that was one of the worst robberies I have seen as well. That was on ESPN wasn't it?
This is an all timer. Santa cruz dominated and legit won 10 to 12 rounds and dropped casamayor. This was on the mosley v cotto under card. Santa cruz should have won the title. Its the single worst robbery ever.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Arthur Mercante Jr

Stopping the Andrade-Akavov Fight
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Russell Mora, who absolutely robbed Julio Ceja with his stoppage in the Rigondeaux fight. Ceja may well have been stopped at a later time, but he was on his feet and ready to continue by the count of 6 in a fight he was WINNING. Absolutely no justification for a stoppage in that situation.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm Russell Mora, who absolutely robbed Julio Ceja with his stoppage in the Rigondeaux fight. Ceja may well have been stopped at a later time, but he was on his feet and ready to continue by the count of 6 in a fight he was WINNING. Absolutely no justification for a stoppage in that situation.
It was a bullshit stoppage. Just like the Acosta-Soto fight, minus 1 less knockdown. Stick Thomas Taylor's ass from this Friday on this list as well.
FightFanAL
TTR SuperFights Challenge #1 & TTR Challenge #16 Champion

Post by FightFanAL »

Theres plenty more but these guys just stand out through sheer incompetence or just outright took bribe payments.

Larry Layton, Calvin Claxton, and Steve Weisfeld from Foreman-Briggs.

Frank Lombardi, Ron McNair, and Tony Paolillo from Casamayor-Santa Cruz. Yeah I know Paolillo has Santa Cruz winning but how did anyone score more than a single round for Casamayor? At least he got the right guy I suppose.

Adelaide Byrd's 118-110 for Canelo in Canelo-GGG 1.

And this one:Referee Dan Kelley in Augustus-Burton. That performance was disgusting. Not to be outdone were the equally disgusting decisions by Robert Paganelli and Ed Mosley, who had Burton winning by 9 and 5 points respectively.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:21 pm Russell Mora, who absolutely robbed Julio Ceja with his stoppage in the Rigondeaux fight. Ceja may well have been stopped at a later time, but he was on his feet and ready to continue by the count of 6 in a fight he was WINNING. Absolutely no justification for a stoppage in that situation.
Just in what I've seen, it looked to be a BS stoppage. From what I've read here, Rigo was behind on the scorecards and Ceja hadn't been dropped prior to this round and hadn't taken a beating.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am
It was a bullshit stoppage. Just like the Acosta-Soto fight, minus 1 less knockdown. Stick Thomas Taylor's ass from this Friday on this list as well.
By name dropping him. You just did.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

FightFanAL wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 am Theres plenty more but these guys just stand out through sheer incompetence or just outright took bribe payments.

Frank Lombardi, Ron McNair, and Tony Paolillo from Casamayor-Santa Cruz. Yeah I know Paolillo has Santa Cruz winning but how did anyone score more than a single round for Casamayor? At least he got the right guy I suppose.

And this one:Referee Dan Kelley in Augustus-Burton. That performance was disgusting. Not to be outdone were the equally disgusting decisions by Robert Paganelli and Ed Mosley, who had Burton winning by 9 and 5 points respectively.
In the case of referee Dan Kelley, his performance was so disgusting he was promptly fired almost immediately after that. So there's really no need to place him on the list as action has already been taken against that dude, and he's never refereed since.

One of the only times I've ever seen action swiftly taken against a poor official in this sport.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:25 pm
NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:02 am
By name dropping him. You just did.
Yup.
FightFanAL

Post by FightFanAL »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:27 pm
FightFanAL wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:41 am Theres plenty more but these guys just stand out through sheer incompetence or just outright took bribe payments.

In the case of referee Dan Kelley, his performance was so disgusting he was promptly fired almost immediately after that. So there's really no need to place him on the list as action has already been taken against that dude, and he's never refereed since.

One of the only times I've ever seen action swiftly taken against a poor official in this sport.
Good. I've seen some terrible refs in my lifetime but that single handily is the worst refereeing I've ever seen in this sport or pretty much any other.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I dont know if you linked the thread elsewhere but this thread is getting a massive amounts of views throughout the boxing world... good work

More than a 100 (almost 150) views per post average... which is insane... when i had the original twitter TTR account, we used to get those types of numbers on thread older than a few weeks... but those were on small Hls threads... again, massive numbers here.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

I knew it was a good idea for a thread. Glad to hear it's well received. I think the title was clever as well. Makes it sound official.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Updated the main list on Page 1 thru Page 5. We're now up to 54 Judges and 9 Referees who have been named and shamed, and that's not counting the ones named thus far on Page 6. That's to come later. I like to let the page fill up, and then update every name that's been mentioned worthy of addition to the list. It's easier to keep track of that way. Because I can always tell by who's been named whether or not I've done the last page.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Realistically speaking...

How many of these fights are just fixed? Seriously i just dont believe in incompetence of someone like byrd scoring 10 rounds to canelo. There was not way possible that happened. Or casamayor beating santa cruz. Or various others here
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:05 pm Realistically speaking...

How many of these fights are just fixed? Seriously i just dont believe in incompetence of someone like byrd scoring 10 rounds to canelo. There was not way possible that happened. Or casamayor beating santa cruz. Or various others here
In the case of Byrd it would be incompetence any way you slice it. If that was her best effort at scoring fairly, she failed. If somebody wanted to buy a card for their fighter, the last thing in the world they would want is for people to look at that scorecard and exclaim ”wtf?!”
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Glenn Feldman 114-113 Thurman over Pac
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Manny easily won 1, 2, 4, 5, 10, 12

that means he gave one of those and all close rounds to keith. Incompetence
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He gave the 3rd and 12th to Thurman. 3rd was close but manny did more. Shit scorecard
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Bob LaFratte and Carlos Sucre

97-93 and 97-94 scorecards respectively for Joe George over Marcos Escudero.

Absolute robbery. Escudero deserved the win. George AT BEST won 3 rounds, and was outworked completely the rest of the time.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

gilgamesh wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm Bob LaFratte and Carlos Sucre

Absolute robbery. Escudero deserved the win. George AT BEST won 3 rounds, and was outworked completely the rest of the time.
I figured you'd find my outrage. Keep being the best, thanks Gil
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 pm
gilgamesh wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:56 pm Bob LaFratte and Carlos Sucre

I figured you'd find my outrage. Keep being the best, thanks Gil
Watched the fight when I got the chance, and shared your outrage my friend.
gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

James Kenny

95-94 in favor of Jesse Hart over Joe Smith Jr.

Anybody that saw this knows what an absolute joke that is.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

gilgamesh wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:14 am James Kenny

95-94 in favor of Jesse Hart over Joe Smith Jr.

Anybody that saw this knows what an absolute joke that is.
10 round fight
Hart spent about 8 of the flailing around like a rag doll
Somehow he gives hart 6 rounds

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”