Lets Get this out of the Way....

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.

Who Won?

You may select 1 option

View results

jeff_lacy_ko

Re: Lets Get this out of the Way....

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

This fight was so bad when They landed jabs the crowd went wild. Fucking jabs. There was nothing to cheer because there was no effective punching after the first few rounds, just effective clinching and circling which is terrible to watch, score, and it left me bored and once again wondering why I was wasting my time.

These are the best fighters boxing has to offer (other than Choclatito)?
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

the Poll vs the Post results are Hilarious....

we need the option to make polls Public....other forums have it...wonder if our format allows it
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

marciano1952 wrote:the Poll vs the Post results are Hilarious....

we need the option to make polls Public....other forums have it...wonder if our format allows it

The way this type of forum works is you have to apply modifications which are like APPs you`d install on a phone but we have to install it to the forum. Prime already identified the modification required. We need someone who can install it. I can try but i'd rather have someone who knows this better!
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

the13r wrote:

The way this type of forum works is you have to apply modifications which are like APPs you`d install on a phone but we have to install it to the forum. Prime already identified the modification required. We need someone who can install it. I can try but i'd rather have someone who knows this better!
I will once again beg my cs friend. Last time he looked at the code he said it would be easier to start over. Not too confident I can get him to do it. He's a lazy asshole.
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Kov won no way Ward won 8 round maybe five tops and that is giving him all the close rounds
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

soonermark890 wrote:
the13r wrote:

I will once again beg my cs friend. Last time he looked at the code he said it would be easier to start over. Not too confident I can get him to do it. He's a lazy asshole.
Starting over is not an option for the forum unless the old stuff can still be accessed and researched because there is too much valuable data on the sport to be tossed away... All the Hls, the work from Kstat... 10+ years of data is non-neglectable for a wesbite... Puts us on another level when comparing with other forums...

You could check with them if they feel like trying to add mods... it's super easy i'm sure for someone who has good programation knowledge... it's d0wnl0ad a small file... upl0ading it in the right TTR folder and then running a small thing...

we could as member vote mods and apply them... lots of them are cool. I wanted to put the forum chat... which would log us automatically in the chat
Based

Post by Based »

Close fight. I had Kov up by a few points. My card went 6-6, Kov +1 for the KD, to even 7-5 plus the KD for Kov. The poll is really showing the way the scarecards went, they're were scattered All across the board really. A lot of people had it for Ward than I would have figured. I watched it on replay last night, not live. Its still up on YouTube if anyone wants to re score.

Shoot I had Canelo 11-1 to 10-2 over Cotto and some people scored the fight for Cotto. I thought it was completely one side for aCanelo. People score differently. One thing I'll say is Kov-Ward was a lot closer than Cotto-Canelo. Take the KD away from Kov, and people wouldn't be saying Kov got robbed. KD for me was really the difference maker. Same shit with Cotto-Clottey, that KD in the first round decided the fight.

Let's get a rematch.
gino7799

Post by gino7799 »

Which rounds did you give to Ward Wimpy. Also can you justify with stats
On fight night Canelo weighed 177 pound and GGG weighed 168.2. But Canelo says the fight for his 160 pound belt must be at 155 pounds. She should just give her belt to GGG now and move on.
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

when I scored last night, I had Kovalev 8-4, but I was TOASTED. Watched it again just now and I was trying to see where I could give Ward rounds, but ended up 7-5. I could see 6-6. But find 7 rounds for Ward hard. Definitely not a robbery, but I thought Kov deserved the win. So my second scoring card is 115-112 Kov.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Danielk015 wrote:when I scored last night, I had Kovalev 8-4, but I was TOASTED. Watched it again just now and I was trying to see where I could give Ward rounds, but ended up 7-5. I could see 6-6. But find 7 rounds for Ward hard. Definitely not a robbery, but I thought Kov deserved the win. So my second scoring card is 115-112 Kov.
You could've only scored it for Ward if you set out wanting to do so in my opinion.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

gilgamesh wrote:You could've only scored it for Ward if you set out wanting to do so in my opinion.
Agreed. How could anyone give him the first round?
athenian

Post by athenian »

Tommy wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:You could've only scored it for Ward if you set out wanting to do so in my opinion.
Agreed. How could anyone give him the first round?
Even the stupid ass judges didn't give Ward the first round.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

45 Kov
36 Ward

There's not 81 active members here.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

we were 50 in the chat on fight night at one point... there are hundreds of still active members here. Just not the fights required for them to log on regularly.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Kov. Thought he won it and deserved the win
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

Kovalev won the fight, but Ward did everything he could to make it ugly and difficult to score, so kudos on him.

Wasn't a robbery, just a high level fight by two prime fighters. I look forward to finally having a rematch of this magnitude. Maybe even looking at a Trilogy revealing itself.
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Seems like everyone thinks Kovalev won, but eh...whatever, who cares that Ward got the decision?
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Personally had Killer up a round or two. Close rounds, as to be expected in this caliber of fight. Only way to guarantee a victory in boxing is a knockout. This was a really good fight between two champions.
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:Personally had Killer up a round or two. Close rounds, as to be expected in this caliber of fight. Only way to guarantee a victory in boxing is a knockout. This was a really good fight between two champions.
Knockdowns usually help as well...which is why the scores at the end were so alarming for a lot of us. Like Kov dominated early, and kept pace throughout, so that score was just.....questionable.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

DSuperman25 wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:Personally had Killer up a round or two. Close rounds, as to be expected in this caliber of fight. Only way to guarantee a victory in boxing is a knockout. This was a really good fight between two champions.
Knockdowns usually help as well...which is why the scores at the end were so alarming for a lot of us. Like Kov dominated early, and kept pace throughout, so that score was just.....questionable.
I hear you. The rounds were all close save the 2nd and this is boxing. I expect Killer to plan more so for the last half of the fight the next go round. He needed more gas in the tank. Also thought he lost patience and began following Andre when he didn't have to. He knows how to cut off the ring.

For all the complaints this was a great fight, my friend. I thought it was over for Andre when the jab stunned him in the first and then he touched canvas in the 2nd. Andre clears the cobwebs, finds his timing in the 3rd, 4th starts winning rounds and I thought it was clinic time. Nope. Kov would adjust and start to roll and Andre would come right back.
DSuperman25

Post by DSuperman25 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
DSuperman25 wrote:
I hear you. The rounds were all close save the 2nd and this is boxing. I expect Killer to plan more so for the last half of the fight the next go round. He needed more gas in the tank. Also thought he lost patience and began following Andre when he didn't have to. He knows how to cut off the ring.

For all the complaints this was a great fight, my friend. I thought it was over for Andre when the jab stunned him in the first and then he touched canvas in the 2nd. Andre clears the cobwebs, finds his timing in the 3rd, 4th starts winning rounds and I thought it was clinic time. Nope. Kov would adjust and start to roll and Andre would come right back.
No doubt, I said here and on Twitter, I was thrilled about how great this fight was, and I knew that both would have their moments. If the rematch gets inked next, then its all good; for us, for boxing for everyone.

DSG-Thurman will be the same IMO. Great drama, good action and maybe a controversial end as well.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

49-42 boards pretty even on the scoring of this one.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
ngkpg

Post by ngkpg »

I voted for Kov 115-112 and I agree with this quote. Here are my thoughts regarding those who scored it for Ward, including the judges.
1. For whatever reason, you are already pre-disposed to score the fight for Ward. When people say there were some close rounds and then proceed to give all close rounds to Ward to get him to win 7 rounds, then you are likely pre-disposed. Ward seems to be a very likeable guy and he's American so all close rounds go to him vs. the evil Ivan Drago.
2. When the (slight) underdog dominates the early rounds, you expect (hope) the favorite comes back and it's no big deal to give a close round to Ward because Kovalev was still ahead anyway. If they had given some close rounds to Kovalev and then Kovalev convincingly won the late rounds, a score of 118-109 would be scrutinized so they gave the close rounds to boxer that was trying to catch up.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

http://twitter.com/EddieHearn/status/800211025643630592
Mixed cards at ringside - I thought Ward stole it..Kovalev should kick himself for last 6
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Main Events was even claiming Kovalev hurt his hand after the fight :lol: :lol:

http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status ... 7766781952

Whispers were before the fight was that Kovalev had a right hand injury. Asked Kathy Duva to confirm: "It looks that way."

Kovalev shut this BS claim down later that night
http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS/status ... 5869122561

Sergey Kovalev says he did not hurt his hand in the fight, a @Main_Events official tells Y! Sports.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”