UFC 205 : McGregor dominated and stopped Alvarez Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

UFC 205 : McGregor dominated and stopped Alvarez Saturday

Post by Primetyme199 »

Official UFC 205 weigh in results below:

UFC 205 PPV Main Event:

155 lbs.: Eddie Alvarez (154.6) vs. Conor McGregor (154.4)

UFC 205 PPV Co-Main Event:

170 lbs.: Tyron Woodley (169.8) vs. Stephen Thompson (169)

UFC 205 PPV Main Card:

115 lbs.: Joanna Jedrzejczyk (114.4) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.4)

185 lbs.: Yoel Romero (185.6) vs. Chris Weidman (185.8)

170 lbs.: Donald Cerrone (170.4) vs. Kelvin Gastelum () —FIGHT CANCELED

135 lbs.: Raquel Pennington (135.8) vs. Miesha Tate (135.6)

UFC 205 "Prelims" Undercard On FOX Sports 1:

145 lbs.: Frankie Edgar (145.4) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145.8)

155 lbs.: Khabib Nurmagomedov (155.8) vs. Michael Johnson (155.8)

185 lbs.: Tim Boetsch (185.4) vs. Rafael Natal (185.4)

170 lbs.: Belal Muhammad (170) vs. Vicente Luque (170.6)

UFC 205 "Prelims" Undercard On UFC Fight Pass:

135 lbs.: Liz Carmouche (134.8) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135)

155 lbs.: Thiago Alves (162.6*) vs. Jim Miller (157.6**)

*Missed weight and fined 20 percent of his purse
**Forced to rehydrate to 157.6 to save Alves fight, will not be fined

Interestingly enough, New York State Athletic Commission will not allow a fight to continue if there is more than a five-pound discrepancy in weight; meaning Jim Miller had to actually gain weight to save the contest, coming in at 157.6.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TopNotch86

Re: UFC 205 weigh in results, 2 fighters miss weight

Post by TopNotch86 »

im relatively new to UFC but giving it a shot because i find macgregor entertaining as hell. and when he agreed to go to 170 to fight diaz i was sold. thats the kinda courage we need in boxing today. that being said im hearing this is supposed to be a phenomenal card. ive only watched conor ppvs so far so i cant say im familiar with a lot of thee guys but i enjoy most of the fights anyways. which fights should i tune into other than the main events?
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

TopNotch86 wrote:im relatively new to UFC but giving it a shot because i find macgregor entertaining as hell. and when he agreed to go to 170 to fight diaz i was sold. thats the kinda courage we need in boxing today. that being said im hearing this is supposed to be a phenomenal card. ive only watched conor ppvs so far so i cant say im familiar with a lot of thee guys but i enjoy most of the fights anyways. which fights should i tune into other than the main events?
All of them.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

theVAMP wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:im relatively new to UFC but giving it a shot because i find macgregor entertaining as hell. and when he agreed to go to 170 to fight diaz i was sold. thats the kinda courage we need in boxing today. that being said im hearing this is supposed to be a phenomenal card. ive only watched conor ppvs so far so i cant say im familiar with a lot of thee guys but i enjoy most of the fights anyways. which fights should i tune into other than the main events?
All of them.
lol ill try but thats a long azz card.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Kelvin Gastelum - he seems like a repeat offender
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

ceelowsback wrote:Kelvin Gastelum - he seems like a repeat offender

He is, that's why he should be dropped.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Kelvin Gastelum’s days at welterweight are over. The 25-year-old won’t be allowed to compete in the 170-pound weight division for the rest of his UFC career, according to president Dana White.

"I'll never let him fight at 170 again," White told FOX Sports on Friday. "I think he missed this one by 10 pounds."

Gastelum was scheduled to fight Donald Cerrone at Saturday’s UFC 205 in New York City, but was overweight — he didn’t even weigh in — and subsequently pulled from the card. “Cowboy” was on weight, and the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) has a strict rule that fighters have to be no more than seven pounds apart at the weigh-ins, which means that Gastelum was over 177 pounds

David
Administrator

Post by David »

So I read something interesting the other day and it was that the UFC usually does a pretty good job of still paying the fighters when something like this happens to Cerrone. He went through a full camp and made weight and then the fight was canceled. This isn't the first time this has happened to him if I can remember and I know he was still paid in the past. I think that's a great idea by the promotion to actually pay their fighters because it keeps the goodwill flowing at a relatively low cost to the promotion and helps them in future negotiations. Especially for someone like Cerrone who is a soldier for the company and would likely fight on 2 hours notice.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

David wrote:So I read something interesting the other day and it was that the UFC usually does a pretty good job of still paying the fighters when something like this happens to Cerrone. He went through a full camp and made weight and then the fight was canceled. This isn't the first time this has happened to him if I can remember and I know he was still paid in the past. I think that's a great idea by the promotion to actually pay their fighters because it keeps the goodwill flowing at a relatively low cost to the promotion and helps them in future negotiations. Especially for someone like Cerrone who is a soldier for the company and would likely fight on 2 hours notice.

Depending on the commission the UFC doesn't have a choice. In NJ if one fighter makes weight and the other doesn't the one that makes weight has a choice. He can take the fight and get paid whatever fine is taken from the fighter that didn't make weight in addition to his regular contract stipulation. Or the fighter that made weight can say No I'm not fighting and he is still guaranteed to get paid whatever his contract says.

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Hope "Gay Jesus" Romero gets beaten tonight by Weidman.
the13r
TTR

Re: UFC 205 •NOW LIVE•

Post by the13r »

now2 live
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Khabib is a beast
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Main event shoudl be next!
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

Woodley vs Wonderboy was amazing! I thought either 47-47 or 48-47 to Wonderboy
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

So two draws and a winning card is a SD win in MMA????

MAIN EVENT NOW LIVE, FIGHTERS ENTERING
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

the13r wrote:So two draws and a winning card is a SD win in MMA????

MAIN EVENT NOW LIVE, FIGHTERS ENTERING

Bruce Buffer announced it wrong. It's a majority draw.
the13r
TTR

Re: UFC 205 : McGregor dominated and stopped Alvarez Saturda

Post by the13r »

McGregor stopped Alvarez
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

"I've ridiculed this entire company and from the bottom of my heart I'd like to apologize... to absolutely nobody! The double champ does what the fuck he wants!" Lol macgregors pure entertainment. Talks a ton of shit backs it up fully then takes on the next big challenge. Awesome card by UFC Dana White gets it.
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

TopNotch86 wrote:"I've ridiculed this entire company and from the bottom of my heart I'd like to apologize... to absolutely nobody! The double champ does what the fuck he wants!" Lol macgregors pure entertainment. Talks a ton of shit backs it up fully then takes on the next big challenge. Awesome card by UFC Dana White gets it.
I was cracking up.

Yeah it was a great ppv.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

gilgamesh wrote:Hope "Gay Jesus" Romero gets beaten tonight by Weidman.
The Soldier of God is a beast.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

Number 7 wrote:Khabib is a beast
Yes he is.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Number 7 wrote:Woodley vs Wonderboy was amazing! I thought either 47-47 or 48-47 to Wonderboy
Dude has mad heart....
Chef
Freakzilla

Post by Freakzilla »

chef97 wrote:
Number 7 wrote:Woodley vs Wonderboy was amazing! I thought either 47-47 or 48-47 to Wonderboy
Dude has mad heart....
Yeah I can't believe that he finished the 4th round on top
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

McGregor was so on point last night. That was one hell of a performance
soonermark890

Post by soonermark890 »

Number 7 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:"I've ridiculed this entire company and from the bottom of my heart I'd like to apologize... to absolutely nobody! The double champ does what the fuck he wants!" Lol macgregors pure entertainment. Talks a ton of shit backs it up fully then takes on the next big challenge. Awesome card by UFC Dana White gets it.
I was cracking up.

Yeah it was a great ppv.
I can't stand that shit. He going to fight Diaz again or is Dana going to protect him?
FUCK LAWRENCE COLE
FUCK VIC DRAKULICH
FUCK KENNY BAYLESS
FUCK DANA WHITE
FUCK BOTH CHARLO'S
FUCK TEXAS!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”