OT: Fellas...anyone dropped their cable that can advise me??

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ceelowsback

OT: Fellas...anyone dropped their cable that can advise me??

Post by ceelowsback »

First off...what is good everyone!?!

It's really off topic but it is a little boxing related. Has anyone here dropped their cable and if so, what are you using to watch tv? I heard of some firestick and other things but I would need something that of course has access to boxing/ MMA but even more importantly live tv- disney jr, cartoon channel, AMC, etc. for teh babies. Hope everyone is kicking life's ass and enjoying every moment. Just remember the 1 thing you can never get back is time so spend it w/ those you love. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Have an amazing weekend guys.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
chef97

Re: OT: Fellas...anyone dropped their cable that can advise

Post by chef97 »

ceelowsback wrote:First off...what is good everyone!?!

It's really off topic but it is a little boxing related. Has anyone here dropped their cable and if so, what are you using to watch tv? I heard of some firestick and other things but I would need something that of course has access to boxing/ MMA but even more importantly live tv- disney jr, cartoon channel, AMC, etc. for the babies. Hope everyone is kicking life's ass and enjoying every moment. Just remember the 1 thing you can never get back is time so spend it w/ those you love. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Have an amazing weekend guys.
Glad to see you around ceelow! I've still got a few months left on my Direct TV contract but when it's up I've been thinking the same thing... I'm thinking about checking this company but you have to buy your own equipment.... http://premium-ip.tv/
Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

ill drop the solution later when i have time!

6$ per month, every single channels including ppvs
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Where do you live? First thing I would recommend is mounting a decent quality antenna on your roof for OTA channels. That will give you a surprising amount of channels for free in uncompressed HD, such as ABC,CBS,Fox, PBS, NBC, the CW and more. Then buy a Roku. You can get Sling TV for 20 bucks a month which will give you AMC, ESPN, Disney, Food Network, etc. You can also add HBO and/or Showtime for between 12 and 15 bucks each. And of course Netflix.

The cost adds up the more channels you get but it is cheaper than cable, and you can add and cancel channels online anytime without a bunch of hassle.

That is if you want to keep it all on the legal up and up.

There are cheaper options if you are willing to explore the legal grey areas.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

PM Sent!
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

the13r wrote:PM Sent!

Please fill me in as well about this service.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

DBO wrote:

copy me as well please. I threw my dish off the roof last year and replaced it with an antenna and Roku (Netflix/Amazon).
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

I got the Playstation Vue app which cost me 40 a month but comes with a lot of channels and a decent online DVR system. I run it off my Roku. I do also have a stripped down cable package that I only pay 20 months but get all local channels plus HBO and Showtime. That's about to end though. So i will probably purchase HBO on MY own and get rid of the box unless they give me the same deal again. I also tried the SLing APP but VUE DVR function is a little better than Sling.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

Im glad you asked Cee as my buddy has some type of box he bought for 110$. I know you guys are going to laugh but i pay too 200$ a month with Directv. I have the premier package which is basically all the channels but I need to cut my bill drastically. Help?
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

tainos wrote:Im glad you asked Cee as my buddy has some type of box he bought for 110$. I know you guys are going to laugh but i pay too 200$ a month with Directv. I have the premier package which is basically all the channels but I need to cut my bill drastically. Help?

I use to pay 240. Now it's around 130 but I got twice the internet speed.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I pay $240 a month for Xfinity... Don't know how much longer I'm gonna tolerate that crap.
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

Please pm me the info. Just wondering can this option be used on tv or will it still need to be cast from the web.
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

DBO wrote:

Same here. Is it available in the US? Would like to to hear about it.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

DBO wrote:

Me too.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Fuck it, PM me too if it isn't too much trouble
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

Don't PM me.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

deadlything wrote:Don't PM me.
:lol:
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Im glad you asked Cee as my buddy has some type of box he bought for 110$. I know you guys are going to laugh but i pay too 200$ a month with Directv. I have the premier package which is basically all the channels but I need to cut my bill drastically. Help?
I've been with Comcast for years, and my bill was like $350 a month and rising. So I was seriously thinking about going to Direct TV, and I called Comcast, to tell them that I was thinking about ending service with them. Man....the dude on the line started panicking, and said he was going to transfer me to the Valued Customer line. So another guy answers and says "what can we do to keep you?". I said they had to lower my bill, there is no way it should be this high. So this dude, gives me a flat fee of $200 for life!!! And I still have the premium package. They also gave me a lifetime of 2 free movie purchases per year.

So call Direct TV, threaten to leave, and see what happens :)
theVAMP
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #2 Champ

Post by theVAMP »

ObJuan13 wrote:Fuck it, PM me too if it isn't too much trouble

Me too
tainos

Post by tainos »

PM me too thanks.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
tainos

Post by tainos »

PM me too thanks.
Just a guy

Post by Just a guy »

I like the Roku that I just bought... I am wondering what these secret squirrel devices you are getting PM'd about are, but I like the Roku thus far... I haven't cut the cable yet, though, and DirecTV is going to have to find me a discount soon before I take the plunge - but my TV was out for a bit and I was forced to just use the Roku and I have to admit that I was just a week behind on some shows and not at all on others... I didn't really miss a beat and wasn't tied to specific days for watching shows.

CBS charges, though - punks - for their regular programming. Other major networks did not - but the premium channels needed a carrier or I think they might charge.
I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Homer J. Simpson
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

Thanks fellas...Antoine...is the man. Legendary human being. I feel blessed to know him. The most selfless person I've ever met man.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

ObJuan13 wrote:I pay $240 a month for Xfinity... Don't know how much longer I'm gonna tolerate that crap.
i just switched to xfinity got every channel they have with high speed internet for 210 a month with a $500 gift card. doesnt seem too bad considering the the cash back. its ridiculous how new customers get such better deals than the loyal ones. youre almost better off switching providers every contract but its such a hassle
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
lakerlegacy1

Post by lakerlegacy1 »

Bought an over the air multi directional HD antenna on amazon for about 50 bucks, roku 3 for 35 dollars, plus I use this app that charges a 1 time upgrade fee of 10 dollars that allows me to cast from the internet. As such, the antenna here in atlanta gets at least 30 channels or more including abc, nbc, cbs, fox, cw, pbc, classic movies, classic TV shows, cartoon channels, spanish channels, christian channels, news channels, weather channels, home shopping channels etc. the roku provides endless movies and ways to watch live sports in hd, and other perks, and the app allows me to watch any movie from the web or to cast any live sports to my big screen. Don't need netflix fellas. It is a slight downgrade to an all inclusive cable package but not enough to actually justify paying money for TV. TV is free at my spot, movies and sports included.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”