GGG & Canelo have agreed to fight...

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gomez1012

Re: GGG & Canelo have agreed to fight...

Post by gomez1012 »

Sad times for the sport of boxing.

TV networks have turned into Don King/Al Haymon milking these cash cows for tv ratings in mismatches...
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

I don't care if GGG vs Canelo happens now or not. I just hope Canelo gets knocked out by anybody he faces. Fuck him.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

GGG is being played for a fool. Move the fuck on. I wish their was a tour like the Super six again at 168. Wouldnt mind seeing GGG move up and fight DeGale, Ramirez, Jack, Smith and throw Andre in their for kicks. Sure beats waiting around for a fight that will never happen.
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
Based

Post by Based »

OP acts like GGG can force Canelo into the ring. Canelo and GBP wanted 3 interim fights before they fought GGG in the first place before giving him his mandatory title shot, so this should not be a surprise that they reached this deal, now they just had to fork over the title to GGG instead of making him wait for it. They want to get GGG at 36 and are hoping he slows down a bit before that. Canelo has time on his side. I think GGG fight Eubank, Sanders and then Canelo.'

In all of this Danny Jacobs ends up doing shit. WTF is up with him and his career? He should be involved in these big fights too.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

tainos wrote:GGG is being played for a fool. Move the fuck on.
Ive been saying this for awhile. They keep going along with Oscar, the WBC, or even HBO's plans.

Loeffler could of made a big fight by now.

Chavez Jr is calling him out, Lara is too, DBE's MW Khurtzide is out there, Andy Lee, Eubank ready, Saunders, Ramirez, etc, etc

Lets go already.
tainos

Post by tainos »

gomez1012 wrote:
tainos wrote:GGG is being played for a fool. Move the fuck on.
Ive been saying this for awhile. They keep going along with Oscar, the WBC, or even HBO's plans.

Loeffler could of made a big fight by now.

Chavez Jr is calling him out, Lara is too, DBE's MW Khurtzide is out there, Andy Lee, Eubank ready, Saunders, Ramirez, etc, etc

Lets go already.
Something is just too fishy about this whole situation from all the step asides to the trip to Mexico with Sulaiman and Chavez to Abel Sanchez. Connect the dots. :idea:
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

Cagiva9 wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
Cagiva9 wrote: It'll never happen but if Canelo and Eubank should ever meet at 160, you have a bet :D
It wouldn't be fair to take your money because all you're looking at is that one guy fights 5 pounds heavier. You'd probably take Canelo at 159.
Quack! Quack!!
I'd feel bad about it, but if you insist. Why do you think Eubank is better?
NOT MY PRESIDENT
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Based wrote:OP acts like GGG can force Canelo into the ring. Canelo and GBP wanted 3 interim fights before they fought GGG in the first place before giving him his mandatory title shot, so this should not be a surprise that they reached this deal, now they just had to fork over the title to GGG instead of making him wait for it. They want to get GGG at 36 and are hoping he slows down a bit before that. Canelo has time on his side. I think GGG fight Eubank, Sanders and then Canelo.'

In all of this Danny Jacobs ends up doing shit. WTF is up with him and his career? He should be involved in these big fights too.
What is up with Danny Jacobs is simple to answer. He's a Haymon fighter. Haymon keeps his guys out of real fights, and his guys apparently wouldn't have it any other way.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

kinggrissly wrote:
Cagiva9 wrote:
kinggrissly wrote:
It wouldn't be fair to take your money because all you're looking at is that one guy fights 5 pounds heavier. You'd probably take Canelo at 159.
Quack! Quack!!
I'd feel bad about it, but if you insist. Why do you think Eubank is better?
I don't think he's better but I think it's about even. Eubank would have a considerable height/reach advantage, probably more power too.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

tainos wrote:GGG is being played for a fool. Move the fuck on. I wish their was a tour like the Super six again at 168. Wouldnt mind seeing GGG move up and fight DeGale, Ramirez, Jack, Smith and throw Andre in their for kicks. Sure beats waiting around for a fight that will never happen.
With you Tainos. Middleweight record for defenses is cool and all, but if were talking history and considering the talent that Gennady has been able to face in the ring, it leaves something to be desired. I'd like to see K2 secure a talent like Triple some fights the fans will remember years from now. That's just me. Always like to see the fighters I choose to root for in meaningful fights.
tainos

Post by tainos »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
tainos wrote:GGG is being played for a fool. Move the fuck on. I wish their was a tour like the Super six again at 168. Wouldnt mind seeing GGG move up and fight DeGale, Ramirez, Jack, Smith and throw Andre in their for kicks. Sure beats waiting around for a fight that will never happen.
With you Tainos. Middleweight record for defenses is cool and all, but if were talking history and considering the talent that Gennady has been able to face in the ring, it leaves something to be desired. I'd like to see K2 secure a talent like Triple some fights the fans will remember years from now. That's just me. Always like to see the fighters I choose to root for in meaningful fights.
Here Here my brother. Wade, Lemieux, Monroe, murray and Rubio last 5 fights. Now we have to wait another year supposedly for the fight. 3 years wasted on step asides. Not his fault in not fighting the best at 160 but plenty of challenges at 168 that WANT to fight him. Like i said in an earlier thread something is up with the WBC and his people playing him.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

tainos wrote: Here Here my brother. Wade, Lemieux, Monroe, murray and Rubio last 5 fights. Now we have to wait another year supposedly for the fight. 3 years wasted on step asides. Not his fault in not fighting the best at 160 but plenty of challenges at 168 that WANT to fight him. Like i said in an earlier thread something is up with the WBC and his people playing him.
but then you have fans saying stuff like this :lol:

In the meantime, bring on Eubank and cement your immortality. Best middleweight since Hagler at least...maybe ever.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

Based wrote:OP acts like GGG can force Canelo into the ring. Canelo and GBP wanted 3 interim fights before they fought GGG in the first place before giving him his mandatory title shot, so this should not be a surprise that they reached this deal, now they just had to fork over the title to GGG instead of making him wait for it. They want to get GGG at 36 and are hoping he slows down a bit before that. Canelo has time on his side. I think GGG fight Eubank, Sanders and then Canelo.'

Jacobs fought Peter quillen and was trying to negotiate a potential matchup with Saunders after that. Don't know if those talks fell through or were pushed back for a later date.....................
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

Danny Jacobs is the mandatory challenger to GGG. Why isn't he pursuing that?
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

RimmyJice wrote:Danny Jacobs is the mandatory challenger to GGG. Why isn't he pursuing that?
HBO doesn't have the budget for that fight and HBO won't allow their contracted fighters to fight out of their network. HBO has crippled some of the match making in certain weight classes with the moves they made...................
The fighters have nothing to do with it...................
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Per ESPN Deportes

Canelo's plan is Liam Smith and Billy Joe Saunders, then GGG next fall...

http://www.espn.com.mx/boxeo/nota/_/id/ ... y-saunders
tainos

Post by tainos »

gomez1012 wrote:Per ESPN Deportes

GGG should tell him he dont want it now and go to 168. :P
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

gotiye wrote:
RimmyJice wrote:Danny Jacobs is the mandatory challenger to GGG. Why isn't he pursuing that?
HBO doesn't have the budget for that fight and HBO won't allow their contracted fighters to fight out of their network. HBO has crippled some of the match making in certain weight classes with the moves they made...................
If Haymon wins the purse bid, GGG has to fight him on Haymon's terms or drop the belt.
Why doesn't Haymon or Jacobs pursue this?
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

tainos wrote:

Chavez Jr is there for a big time entry level fight to Super Middleweight...
USMILMAN
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion
TTR SuperFights Challenge #5 Champion

Post by USMILMAN »

gomez1012 wrote:
tainos wrote:

Chavez Jr is there for a big time entry level fight to Super Middleweight...
When is the last time he made 168?
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
Loeffler is at fault as well. He's been keeping ggg on a safer path at 160 to try to make him a name and to get a big payday. He doesn't want ggg to look bad that's why they're limiting the amount of risk he's taking. Loeffler is making the mistake of expecting everyone to come to them on their terms but it doesn't work like that. In order to get a big name, you have to give something up or everything up in negotiations......you can't dictate terms. The problem is they think they deserve a 50/50 split with a guy like Canelo when Canelo at this point in time is the main reason a ppv will draw casual fans. The only way ggg starts to draw more than a hardcore fanbase is to take more fights where it's not a guaranteed win on paper and it looks to be competitive both ways...................
tainos

Post by tainos »

gotiye wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:
Loeffler is at fault as well. He's been keeping ggg on a safer path at 160 to try to make him a name and to get a big payday. He doesn't want ggg to look bad that's why they're limiting the amount of risk he's taking. Loeffler is making the mistake of expecting everyone to come to them on their terms but it doesn't work like that. In order to get a big name, you have to give something up or everything up in negotiations......you can't dictate terms. The problem is they think they deserve a 50/50 split with a guy like Canelo when Canelo at this point in time is the main reason a ppv will draw casual fans. The only way ggg starts to draw more than a hardcore fanbase is to take more fights where it's not a guaranteed win on paper and it looks to be competitive both ways...................
Couldnt have said it better myself. Truth!
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

All these calls for Golovkin to move up to 168, like 168 is so much better...it isn't. After a couple of fights the very same complaints from the very same complainers, guaranteed.
gotiye

Post by gotiye »

RimmyJice wrote:
gotiye wrote:
If Haymon wins the purse bid, GGG has to fight him on Haymon's terms or drop the belt.
Why doesn't Haymon or Jacobs pursue this?
Because ggg is signed to HBO. I wish is was as simple as you make it sound, I truly wish it worked that way because I want these fights as well but there's so much red tape with contract HBO gave certain fighters. the sanctioning body will have to force their hand in order for the fight to take place...................
tainos

Post by tainos »

Cagiva9 wrote:All these calls for Golovkin to move up to 168, like 168 is so much better...it isn't. After a couple of fights the very same complaints from the very same complainers, guaranteed.
Could be but theirs nobody running scared at 168 I believe. Ramirez and deGale would fight him right now.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”