Roman González defeated Carlos Cuadras Saturday •Gil RBR•

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Re: Roman González defeated Carlos Cuadras Saturday •Gil RBR

Post by gilgamesh »

5_burowz wrote:
gilgamesh wrote:Over those last 3 rounds while Gonzalez was still coming forward and moving his hands the steam had come off of his shots by a lot. Cuadras' shots were still landing with full force in those rounds.

Rounds 1, 5 and 6 which I also scored for Cuadras were all close rounds where I could see a case being made for Gonzalez. So I don't dispute the official decision. I just personally felt the fight was a draw. You don't have to agree with me, but I have clear reasons for why I scored each round the way I did.

Cuadras won four rounds at most. Period. Roman outlanded him by almost 100 punches. You need to go to Lenscrafters.
I know Gonzalez landed more. This is Professional Boxing, not amateur Boxing. The rounds I scored for Cuadras I felt he did more damage in. Whether he landed more punches than Gonzalez doesn't really matter, the punches he landed in those rounds were the most effective in the rounds I scored for him.

In the last 3 rounds particularly Gonzalez was showing tremendous stamina and heart to continue letting his hands go at that pace, but the steam had come off his punches noticeably by that point, and he was really pushing hard to keep going. Cuadras landed the most effective shots over the last 3 rounds clearly.

Rounds 1 and 5 in particularly were close. I personally was surprised to see Harold Lederman score the 8th round for Cuadras. I thought that one was clear for Gonzalez myself. The other rounds Lederman scored for Cuadras. 6, 11 and 12 are also rounds I had for him.

And Max Kellerman acknowledged it wouldn't be unusual to him at all if there were scorecards that had Cuadras winning the 1st and 5th rounds at the start of the 6th.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

gilgamesh wrote:
I know Gonzalez landed more. .

O.k. good, we agree finally. And, let it be known that Roman doesn't throw pity-pat jabs when he lands. So, when he landed 100 more punches, those were basically 100 more power punches.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Based

Post by Based »

I had it 8-4 Gonzalez, I can see 7-5 also Gonzalez. There were some close rounds that could have went Caudras way. Some rounds that he won, were close. A lot of the rounds Gonzalez won, he won big. Caudras fought a damn great fight. He even hurt Gonzalez from time to time. Buckled him hard at times and it was the reason he stayed in the fight. Gonzalez just had too much stamina and fire power for Cuadras and Gonzalez controlled most of the fight. I think Gonzalez has capped out his size with moving up in weight. I think he should stay at 115. I don't think he'll have much success at 118. He's too small for it.

I want to see him vs Inoue or Estrada. Outside of them there's no one else from 105-115 who can beat him any time soon.
NoPropaganda 253

Re: Chocolatito" González Vs Carlos Cuadras •NOW LIVE•

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
tainos wrote:Great fight! Chocolatito got busted up in the latter stages. Looked like Roman was going to win easy in the mid rounds but Cuadras got stronger as the fight went on. FOTY.
There has been some great distance fights this year. That was one of them. What a war.
Yes sir. Props to both fighters. Chocolatito has hit his ceiling at 115 and at his age. Great action for 12 with Cuadras using De La Hoya type flurries to disrupt Roman's great punch selection. FOTY contender for sure.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Roman's right eye was badly swollen... Maybe a tall runner with a good busy power jab could capitalize on that.
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

gilgamesh wrote:
5_burowz wrote:
the13r wrote:I don't think Inoue has a good shot at beating him... Cuadras is more a puncher while Inoue is a grinder... very open with both hands out there... dangerous imo vs a hooker like roman
Add to the fact that Cuadras is bigger than Inoue and also that he's on steroids.
Cuadras has never tested positive for steroids so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not on them.

Did you see that back of his though? Yikes.

Worse than the mexican fighter last week whose bacne was so bad you couldn't tell the blemishes from the regular flesh.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

I guarantee you he's juicing. Even the juice can't stop Roman though.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Worse than the mexican fighter last week whose bacne was so bad you couldn't tell the blemishes from the regular flesh. -JJ
When he knealed to pray in the corner prior to the fight I saw it. I know Triple/Brook took part in VADA but I'm curious of this fight was as well. That was bad and didn't look normal or natural.

This fight was so damn good it's too bad the buzz it should have is being drowned out by all the Golovkin-Brook coverage.
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

Worse than the mexican fighter last week whose bacne was so bad you couldn't tell the blemishes from the regular flesh. -JJ
When he knealed to pray in the corner prior to the fight I saw it. I know Triple/Brook took part in VADA but I'm curious of this fight was as well. That was bad and didn't look normal or natural.

This fight was so damn good it's too bad the buzz it should have is being drowned out by all the Golovkin-Brook coverage.
For the record I've had noticeable Bacne most of my life, and I've never taken steroids. It is possible to just have bacne.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

5_burowz wrote:I guarantee you he's juicing. Even the juice can't stop Roman though.
+1

Guy literally showed no damage + the crazy backne for multiple fights now.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

the13r wrote:Roman's right eye was badly swollen... Maybe a tall runner with a good busy power jab could capitalize on that.
The right side of his jaw was badly swollen too.... Roman had to walk thru fire to get that win.... What a great fight!
Chef
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

gilgamesh wrote:
NoPropaganda 253 wrote:

For the record I've had noticeable Bacne most of my life, and I've never taken steroids. It is possible to just have bacne.

More likely to be juicing if you're professional athlete though. I'm just putting it out there that it's what I personally believe.
deadlything

Post by deadlything »

gomez1012 wrote:
5_burowz wrote:I guarantee you he's juicing. Even the juice can't stop Roman though.
+1

Guy literally showed no damage + the crazy backne for multiple fights now.

Look like he was juicing to me too.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”