The Official NFL Thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Cagiva9

Re: Official 2018 NFL Thread

Post by Cagiva9 »

:( seriously though, that hurt
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 pm Cowboys got robbed.

Great move by Chucky, 3 first round picks next year.
Still think they got robbed? They made the playoffs and won a game. Cost them the #27 pick. I think it was worth it for them.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

TheSickness316 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:55 pm I feel bad for Rivers. He sees Eli and Big Ben both with 2 Super Bowl rings and he himself has never made it to the Super Bowl. Kind of wish he will get at least one before he retires.
tough beat for him. 2 highly questionable penalties on drive ending 3rd downs early on that turned punts into TD drives buried them early. you have to expect that treatment in NE these days though cant have so many empty drives on offense early on. Big ben is def better than rivers, but eli having two rings must grind his gears.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Rivers' best chance to win a SB was years ago when they had the best team in the NFL for a couple of years. They were loaded with a prime Rivers, LT, Gates, Merriman, etc, etc, etc....and they blew it, especially when they lost to New England at home that year.

This might have been his best chance since then, but I think his window is closed.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Primetyme199 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:48 pm
yoloswaggy911 wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:10 pm Cowboys got robbed.

Great move by Chucky, 3 first round picks next year.
Still think they got robbed? They made the playoffs and won a game. Cost them the #27 pick. I think it was worth it for them.
Yah, I agree with you. And have to commend the Cowboys for changing up their offense to make the most of it.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Is it wrong for me to be happy about a refs blown call?

Obvious pass interference no call against Rams. Saints settle for a field goal and the Rams, with just enough time on the clock tie it up.

Now Rams Win!
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Huge mistake by Brady at the goal line. Luckily the defense forces a 3 & out. Pats looking good early other than the awful INT by Brady.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Lol

Don’t be mad
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Brady and Belichick going to their 9th Super Bowl lmao
KiNg_DaDdY_2o9

Post by KiNg_DaDdY_2o9 »

Greatest dynasty in NFL history. Unreal what the GOATs have been been able to accomplish, especially in the salary cap era.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

2 games decided by poor officiating yesterday... idk what the answer is but there were utterly ridiculous calls/overturns that helped decide both games yesterday. I’ve said all along Goodell will force the rams into the Super Bowl to help build a fan base in the new city. Didn’t think it’d be that blatant. I enjoy watching Goff and the rams too but saints got fucked. Chiefs also probably should have won in regulation. Several head scratching calls on patriots 4th qtr scoring drives. But you gotta expect that stuff against NE. They’ve gotten the benefit of the doubt on most calls for decades now. Chiefs can’t blame anyone but themselves. Mainly Andy Reid. He wasted almost 20 seconds at the end of the game by not calling time outs right away. If you’re gonna call it call it. Don’t wait 10 seconds then use it. Could have had a shot at the TD with that time. He’s always been a terrible clock manager it’s comical at times.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

I Loved it though. I hammered the patriots live betting line the second they overturned the edelman muffed punt. You knew they weren’t letting them lose that one once they showed their hand on that call lol +200 to boot. Thanks for the cheese roger!
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

"showed their hand"?

You mean, showed the video footage that clearly demonstrated it didn't touch Edelman?

C'mon, 'Notch. Do better on your black helicopter nonsense. :lol:
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

J.J.Dillon wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:03 am "showed their hand"?

You mean, showed the video footage that clearly demonstrated it didn't touch Edelman?

C'mon, 'Notch. Do better on your black helicopter nonsense. :lol:
Clearly demonatrated lol. Nothing on the video demonstrated anything remotely close to proving one way or another definitively. Call on the field stands. Had they said he didn’t touch it originally I’d be saying the same thing. Call has to stand The roughing the passer for slapping Brady’s shoulder pad was also a nice touch lol. Call it black helicopter or whatever I’ll continue to jump on it when the fix is in. And make money wasn’t the first time won’t be the last.

I mean in No way would a bunch of billionaires running major corporations lie cheat or steal to maximize revenue... lol
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

The roughing on Brady was bullshit, I easily concede that.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

TopNotch86 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 am 2 games decided by poor officiating yesterday
Maybe the Saints game, but not the AFC side. Missed calls were even. Brady is the GOAT Qb and Bellicheck is the GOAT coach. These guys continue to amaze. Always rooted for the Michigan QB, but threw in the towel in that regard after that g'damn Seahawks Superbowl. Last night, I have to tip the cap. Game plan, execution, clutch play and the flip of a coin decided that game.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Lining up offsides is something pee wee fotball players know not to do. Ridiculous mistake is way worse than cody parkey missing a field goal

Ive reffed football before. Pass interference penalties arent difficult to see or call. That had to be deliberate unless they thought it wasnt catchable... but still it was helmet to helmet they should have called
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Edelman didn’t touch the ball

The roughing call was, absolutely, positively bullshit
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:18 pm Lining up offsides is something pee wee fotball players know not to do. Ridiculous mistake is way worse than cody parkey missing a field goal

Ive reffed football before. Pass interference penalties arent difficult to see or call. That had to be deliberate unless they thought it wasnt catchable... but still it was helmet to helmet they should have called
Anything is uncatchable when you get your head taken off lol that was jawdroppingly insane not to call it. Completely inexcusable. I bet the rams and still think it was ridiculous. Saints got fucked hard
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Imagine your team losing last year to MN on a fluke play and this year on a bullshit call.... yikes
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm Imagine your team losing last year to MN on a fluke play and this year on a bullshit call.... yikes
Sean Payton fucked up the play calling. Run that ball 3 downs and run down the clock. I don't understand why he tried to get cute with it. The Saints had a million opportunities other than a missed call (however egregious it was).
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

The NFL playoffs are littered with HORRIBLE calls, that may have costs teams games, throughout the history of the playoffs. This isn't the first bad call, and it's not the last. It happens.

Where were all of the Saints fans when they've benefited from shady calls, or the calls happen to other teams?
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:36 pm
jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm Imagine your team losing last year to MN on a fluke play and this year on a bullshit call.... yikes
Sean Payton fucked up the play calling. Run that ball 3 downs and run down the clock. I don't understand why he tried to get cute with it. The Saints had a million opportunities other than a missed call (however egregious it was).
they did but in spite of all that, if the right call is made, they take another bunch of time off and kick the chip shot and win the game. the non call directly affected the outcome.

however i agree, throwing on first down there was incredibly foolish. run at least the first 2 downs, possibly on 3rd if you're close enough or throw a high percentage completion. you cant leave more than 30 seconds and a timeout to these high powered quick strike offenses.
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Any SuperBowl coverage today, Capitaine?

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”