Nick Blackwell wakes from coma

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Canvas

Re: Nick Blackwell wakes from coma

Post by Canvas »

Very stupid of him. He is lucky he is not a candidate for the Darwin Awards.
23sharks

Post by 23sharks »

the13r wrote:Agree Tocsin... i understand it should be real hard to abandon your greatest passion but it's either that or possible death...
How did anyone allow this guy to get in a ring again????? Ridiculous.
ceelowsback

Post by ceelowsback »

23sharks wrote:
the13r wrote:Agree Tocsin... i understand it should be real hard to abandon your greatest passion but it's either that or possible death...
How did anyone allow this guy to get in a ring again????? Ridiculous.
Agree...he has to be saved from himself. Should walk around w/ a helmet. Not trying to be funny at all...I think he's that fragile man. who gets 2 chances like this!?! God bless him.
TEAM PLATANO POWER - CARIBBEAN CONNECTION
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

While Blackwell remains in hospital and will continue to be monitored by doctors, the British Boxing Board of Control’s (BBBC) investigation into the circumstances surrounding his injury is also ongoing.

Their general secretary Robert Smith has spoken of their need to discover who oversaw the sparring session and who else was involved.

The incident happened without the knowledge of Blackwell’s former trainer Gary Lockett, who had encouraged the fighter to get his trainer’s licence if he wanted to remain in the sport.

Lockett said in a statement: “I can’t believe the boxer he sparred with, and (the) coach or coaches involved, would ever allow Nick to spar when he’s had a brain injury.

“In due course, I hope they are dealt with by the British Boxing Board of Control in the correct manner.

“We thought that was all going very well and while we knew Nick missed boxing, we obviously didn’t realise the extent to which he missed it.

“I am deeply saddened by what has happened. Nick is not just an ex-boxer of mine, but also someone I consider to be a friend.”
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”