MLB Thread

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
ObJuan13

Re: MLB 2017

Post by ObJuan13 »

TopNotch86 wrote:Indians just won their 20th game in a row. Tying the AL record set by the moneyball As. This streak has been nothing short of remarkable if anyone's been paying attention. The team as a whole has a sub 2 ERA during the streak. Flat out amazing pitching. Corey Kluber may have locked up the cy young tonight with another CG shutout, and that's saying something given the year Sale has had
Don't matter come playoff time... that's the thing about a long baseball season, more flavor of the months than there are months. 2 weeks ago the Dodgers were "the best team ever"

Having said all of that, I want no parts of the Indians in the first round and I'm happy it looks like the Red Sox will get the Astros instead
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:Indians just won their 20th game in a row. Tying the AL record set by the moneyball As. This streak has been nothing short of remarkable if anyone's been paying attention. The team as a whole has a sub 2 ERA during the streak. Flat out amazing pitching. Corey Kluber may have locked up the cy young tonight with another CG shutout, and that's saying something given the year Sale has had
Don't matter come playoff time... that's the thing about a long baseball season, more flavor of the months than there are months. 2 weeks ago the Dodgers were "the best team ever"

Having said all of that, I want no parts of the Indians in the first round and I'm happy it looks like the Red Sox will get the Astros instead
Teams better hope they falter in the playoffs because whatever team wins the wild card 1 game playoff, they'll be down 1 pitcher.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

TheSickness316 wrote:
ObJuan13 wrote:

Teams better hope they falter in the playoffs because whatever team wins the wild card 1 game playoff, they'll be down 1 pitcher.
Yeah, they feel like the 2013 San Antonio Spurs. Like they're on a revenge tour after losing the championship. Very tough team but baseball is funny and I'm hoping they trip up
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

ObJuan13 wrote: Yeah, they feel like the 2013 San Antonio Spurs. Like they're on a revenge tour after losing the championship. Very tough team but baseball is funny and I'm hoping they trip up
Wouldn't mind a trip up either because if the playoffs started today, then the Yankees would have to face them if they win the 1 game playoff.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

TheSickness316 wrote:
ObJuan13 wrote: Yeah, they feel like the 2013 San Antonio Spurs. Like they're on a revenge tour after losing the championship. Very tough team but baseball is funny and I'm hoping they trip up
Wouldn't mind a trip up either because if the playoffs started today, then the Yankees would have to face them if they win the 1 game playoff.
As a lifelong tribe fan, I condemn all this trip up talk! After having our hearts ripped out and stomped on after last years run and 3-1 World Series blown lead, we deserve a win! This is our year! (I hope) indians went all in this year with the encarnacion signing, and Bruce trade hopefully the rest of the squad gets healthy and rolling for the playoffs. Brantley Miller and Kipnis will need to be there to make another run
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

21 straight and still rolling... ROLL TRIBE ROLLLLLL
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

TopNotch86 wrote:21 straight and still rolling... ROLL TRIBE ROLLLLLL

Jake Taylor: I play for the Indians.
Chaire Holloway: Here in Cleveland? I didn't know they still had a team!
Jake Taylor: Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

You spelled TIDE wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Primetyme199 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:21 straight and still rolling... ROLL TRIBE ROLLLLLL

Jake Taylor: I play for the Indians.
Chaire Holloway: Here in Cleveland? I didn't know they still had a team!
Jake Taylor: Yup, we've got uniforms and everything, it's really great!

You spelled TIDE wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol they did a reunion photo for the major league guys recently... they have all aged terribly lol
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

TheSickness316 wrote:

You literally would be pouring gasoline on the hatred burning in my old roommates heart for the Yankees if that happened.
tainos
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion
TTR Super Challenge 7 & Regular Challenge 20 & 22 Champion

Post by tainos »

Baby Bombers!!!
Yo naci en Puerto Rico. Pero me cree en Nueva York. Pero nunca me olvidare, de mi tierra Borinquena.
Team Platano Power - Carribean Connection
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Aaron Judge now has the record for most home runs hit by a rookie.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

TheSickness316 wrote:Aaron Judge now has the record for most home runs hit by a rookie.
he shouldnt even count as a rookie dudes like 40 lol
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

TopNotch86 wrote:
TheSickness316 wrote:Aaron Judge now has the record for most home runs hit by a rookie.
What is this? Carlos from Bench Warmers?
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

TheSickness316 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:
What is this? Carlos from Bench Warmers?
"I am 12" haha
the13r
TTR

Re: MLB 2018

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316

Re: MLB Thread

Post by TheSickness316 »

Stanton with a big game in his debut with the Yankees. He hit 2 Homeruns, the 1st one in his first at bat. This lineup right now and especially when Bird comes back from his surgery is going to be a force.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

My team the San Francisco Giants lost 98 games last season and already we lost our Ace Mad Bum & the Shark #3 starter to start this season... But still managed to beat our fierce rivals the LA Dodgers 1-0 in our season opener.... :D

Vamos Gigantes!

Let's Go Giants!
Chef
Iluvboxing
TTR Amateur Boxer

Post by Iluvboxing »

Go Yankees!
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

chef97 wrote:My team the San Francisco Giants lost 98 games last season and already we lost our Ace Mad Bum & the Shark #3 starter to start this season... But still managed to beat our fierce rivals the LA Dodgers 1-0 in our season opener.... :D

Vamos Gigantes!

Let's Go Giants!

I saw this couple wearing matching Giants jerseys at work today, I think they were trying to get shanked.
chef97

Post by chef97 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:
chef97 wrote:My team the San Francisco Giants lost 98 games last season and already we lost our Ace Mad Bum & the Shark #3 starter to start this season... But still managed to beat our fierce rivals the LA Dodgers 1-0 in our season opener.... :D

Vamos Gigantes!

Let's Go Giants!

I saw this couple wearing matching Giants jerseys at work today, I think they were trying to get shanked.
Finally a classy couple in LA.... :)
Chef
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

New season, same old story:

FUCK THE DODGERS
chef97

Post by chef97 »

J.J.Dillon wrote:New season, same old story:

FUCK THE DODGERS
My brother.... :D
Chef
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Just about that time of the year again, gentlemen...and a true legend will not be there
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Gotta say, great time to be an Angels fan!

(only 18 games out of the wild card)

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”