TTR's All-Time Divisional Rankings

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

TTR's All-Time Divisional Rankings

Post by KSTAT124 »

In 2013, Woobase started compiling TTR's all-time divisional rankings. During the time he worked on the project, TTR's rankings for the heavyweight division through the lightweight division were posted.

( http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 13&t=98521 )

The project stopped at that point.

Like with the "TTR's All-Time Top 20 plus" project started by FightFanAL in 2009, I'll finish it up.

So, if you're interested, please PM me your top 15 all-time junior lightweight list. In two weeks, I'll post the results and then we''ll move on to the top 20 all-time featherweights.

Thanks.
KSTAT124

Re: TTR's All-Time Divisional Rankings

Post by KSTAT124 »

bump
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

One list has arrived. Thanks, DBO!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

KSTAT124 wrote:bump
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

KSTAT124 wrote:
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

With mine, we now have two top 15 all-time junior lightweight lists.....we need more!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

A third list has been promised but it hasn't yet arrived. Come on guys, who are the best super featherweights/junior lightweights of all-time? Who's #1? Arguello? Nelson? Elorde? JCC? Floyd Mayweather, Jr.? Kid Chocolate? Manny Pacquiao? Acelino Freitas?
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

The third list arrived last Friday. Nothing else has followed it.

Again, I'll be compiling TTR's All-Time Top 15 Junior Lightweights/Super Featherweights Wednesday night.

There's STILL TIME to submit a list. I hope to see a few more PMs with top 15s over the next two days.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

TTR's All-Time Top 15 Junior Lightweights/Super Featherweights have been compiled and posted:

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 13&t=98521

Next, TTR's All-Time Top 20 Featherweights. Please PM your lists to me. I will compile and post the Top 20 in two weeks. Thanks.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

bump
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Good news and bad news.

It's been a week since I compiled and posted TTR's All-Time Top 15 Junior Lightweights/Super Featherweights. At that time, I asked for All-Time Top 20 Featherweights lists to be PMed to me. The bad news- so far, I received none. The good news- there's still a week to go.

I was planning on compiling and posting the results next Wednesday night, the night before I compile TTR's P4P and divisional rankings. So, please PM yout top 20 lists.

Thanks.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

So far only three TTR members (including me) have submitted All-Time Top 20 Featherweight lists.

Come on, guys, I know many of you have a good knowledge of boxing's history. Share it by PMing me your lists. I'm compiling TTR's top 20 TONIGHT.

Thanks.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

Anyone else submitting an All-Time Top 20 Featherweights list?

You have a little over an hour. I'll start compiling TTR's All-Time list at 9:30 PM New York time.
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

Cool idea, and I wish I knew enough about boxing' history to participate.

As a matter of fact, I'd be interested to know who on this board has enough boxing chops to really give it a go.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

TTR's All-Time Top 20 Featherweights have been compiled and posted:

In two weeks, I'll be compiling TTR's All-Time Top 15 Junior Featherweights/Super Bantamweights.

Hopefully, more than three TTR members will participate.

The junior featherweight division was around briefly in the 1920s but slipped into a long period of disuse. It was revived on a regional basis in the late 1950s but it wasn't until 1976 that another world title bout was held. The division has been with us on a worldwide-basis since then.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

KSTAT124 wrote:TTR's All-Time Top 20 Featherweights have been compiled and posted:

In two weeks, I'll be compiling TTR's All-Time Top 15 Junior Featherweights/Super Bantamweights.

Hopefully, more than three TTR members will participate.

The junior featherweight division was around briefly in the 1920s but slipped into a long period of disuse. It was revived on a regional basis in the late 1950s but it wasn't until 1976 that another world title bout was held. The division has been with us on a worldwide-basis since then.
Being that the only All-Time Top 15 Junior Featherweight/Super Bantamweights list I have so far is mine, I'm going to postpone the final compilation another week.

It shouldn't be that hard to come up with a list of the best fighters to have fought at 122. The division was around briefly for a few years then was dormant for 50 years. Its meaningful history for practical purposes begins in 1976.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

bump
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

TTR's Top 15 All-Time Great Junior Featherweights/Super Bantamweights list, with Honorable Mentions, has been posted. Only one TTR member, me, participated.

The next project is TTR's Top 20 All-Time Great Bantamweights. There'll be plenty of time to get your lists in. I won't compile and post it until FOUR weeks from tonight.

Since taking over from Woobase, I've compiled and posted three all-time greats lists- for 130, 126, and 122. Three members participated in ranking the junior lightweights/super featherweights, three (including two who participated for the junior lightweights) participated in ranking the featherweights, and I was left with the task of ranking the 122-pounders by myself because no one else bothered to participate.

OK. All of you who have followed the sport for decades and all of you who claim to follow the lower weight classes and claim to know their histories allot some time to compiling your personal top 20 all-time great bantamweight lists and PM them to me. Let's make TTR's list representative of more than just one opinion.
kinggrissly

Post by kinggrissly »

KSTAT124 wrote:TTR's Top 15 All-Time Great Junior Featherweights/Super Bantamweights list, with Honorable Mentions, has been posted. Only one TTR member, me, participated.

The next project is TTR's Top 20 All-Time Great Bantamweights. There'll be plenty of time to get your lists in. I won't compile and post it until FOUR weeks from tonight.

Since taking over from Woobase, I've compiled and posted three all-time greats lists- for 130, 126, and 122. Three members participated in ranking the junior lightweights/super featherweights, three (including two who participated for the junior lightweights) participated in ranking the featherweights, and I was left with the task of ranking the 122-pounders by myself because no one else bothered to participate.

OK. All of you who have followed the sport for decades and all of you who claim to follow the lower weight classes and claim to know their histories allot some time to compiling your personal top 20 all-time great bantamweight lists and PM them to me. Let's make TTR's list representative of more than just one opinion.
Sorry KSTAT, I keep forgetting. Has nothing to do with moving down the scale for me, though I appreciate your attempt to spur us on. I will make a point of making that deadline, in fact Im writing that as an incentive to myself. Your 122 looks pretty excellent at first glance. I think Barerra was a more well rounded fighter than Morales but I haven't looked at it on paper.
NOT MY PRESIDENT
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

kinggrissly wrote:
KSTAT124 wrote:TTR's Top 15 All-Time Great Junior Featherweights/Super Bantamweights list, with Honorable Mentions, has been posted. Only one TTR member, me, participated.

Sorry KSTAT, I keep forgetting. Has nothing to do with moving down the scale for me, though I appreciate your attempt to spur us on. I will make a point of making that deadline, in fact Im writing that as an incentive to myself. Your 122 looks pretty excellent at first glance. I think Barerra was a more well rounded fighter than Morales but I haven't looked at it on paper.
I appreciate your participation and I'm looking forward to receiving your top 20 all-time bantamweights list. Thanks in advance.
WillieB59

Post by WillieB59 »

Sorry about not getting in a list for the super bantamweights. It won't happen again. You'll have my bantamweight top 20 by Sunday night.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

WillieB59 wrote:Sorry about not getting in a list for the super bantamweights. It won't happen again. You'll have my bantamweight top 20 by Sunday night.
Thanks. Looking forward to it.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

I'll be compiling TTR's All-Time Top 20 Bantamweights list Wednesday night. So far, I have three lists including mine.

There's still time to submit your list. Just compile it and PM it to me. Thanks.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Ma i have to do this...

I'll see if i can make it happen tonight
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

sent

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”