TTR's New Rankings To Be Compiled Thursday, October 9

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
KSTAT124
TTR Rankings & Results Editor

TTR's New Rankings To Be Compiled Thursday, October 9

Post by KSTAT124 »

Our new rankings will be based on the results of fights through Wednesday, October 8.

There are two fights on the 8th featuring TTR ranked fighters- TTR #2 ranked middleweight contender Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor and TTR #10 ranked super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell vs. Nick Brinson.

Those bouts may impact our rankings.

Here's the results of bouts involving TTR ranked fighters that took place since our last rankings (those through September 24) as well as the results of fights featuring fighters not currently ranked by TTR which may impact TTR's rankings which took place during the same period:

http://www.the13thround.com/ttround/ite ... ordID=1556

http://www.the13thround.com/ttround/ite ... ordID=1557

http://www.the13thround.com/ttround/ite ... ordID=1558
KSTAT124

Re: TTR's New Rankings To Be Compiled Thursday, October 9

Post by KSTAT124 »

Bump- I'm going to start with the inactivity lists now . I'll begin the actual compiling of the new rankings tomorrow.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Mine are done!
WillieB59

Post by WillieB59 »

As you know, mine are done too pending any surprises tonight. I'm hoping I'm going to have to update my middleweight top ten later!!!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

WillieB59 wrote:As you know, mine are done too pending any surprises tonight. I'm hoping I'm going to have to update my middleweight top ten later!!!

You got your wish. Nice pick!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

http://www.the13thround.com/ttround/ite ... ordID=1560

To all those participating in TTR's rankings,

Please update your middleweight top tens.

Thanks.
TJB NY

Post by TJB NY »

I updated my middleweight and my super middleweight rankings. Bill hasn't updated his yet. (What a surprise!) I'll call him and remind him.

I guess you saw Teddy Atlas used the Transnational Rankings again last night. Maybe he can lead the way to sanity. He sure played a major role in Garcia-Salka not being a title bout.

Funny, while the Transnational's are superior to The Ring's, I think ours are superior to the Transnational's. All three obviously are superior to the comedy scripts passed off as the sanctioning bodies' ratings.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Done!
WillieB59

Post by WillieB59 »

Mine are done.

Ken, when Tom called me to unnecessarily remind me to change my middleweight rankings (I was just about to do that when he called), I reminded him about the Challenge. He told me he hadn't forgotten. He just wanted to watch some Selby and Brunker fights first.

Holy shit! We've created a monster! And he claims not to be taking the Challenges seriously! LMFAO!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

I thank all of you who have updated your rankings. I'm going to start with the minimumweights and work up. That should give anyone who would like to participate and those who haven't yet updated their rankings time to do so.

I haven't eaten lunch yet. I'm going to now and then start compiling and posting TTR's new rankings. That will give whoever needs it even more time.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

TJB NY wrote:I updated my middleweight and my super middleweight rankings. Bill hasn't updated his yet. (What a surprise!) I'll call him and remind him.

I guess you saw Teddy Atlas used the Transnational Rankings again last night. Maybe he can lead the way to sanity. He sure played a major role in Garcia-Salka not being a title bout.

Funny, while the Transnational's are superior to The Ring's, I think ours are superior to the Transnational's. All three obviously are superior to the comedy scripts passed off as the sanctioning bodies' ratings.
The difference with the TBRBoard's rankings and TTR's is the result of a more conservative approach based on the TBRBoard's charter. What's good about the TBRBoard's and TTR's is that both are based on logic and are free from political and financial influence. The Ring's are certainly better than the sanctioning bodies' and for the most part are independent. There are times though that the Golden Boy influence sneaks in. The main difference though is in Championship policy where The Ring has lowered its standards almost to the level of the sanctioning bodies.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

WillieB59 wrote:Mine are done.

Ken, when Tom called me to unnecessarily remind me to change my middleweight rankings (I was just about to do that when he called), I reminded him about the Challenge. He told me he hadn't forgotten. He just wanted to watch some Selby and Brunker fights first.

Holy shit! We've created a monster! And he claims not to be taking the Challenges seriously! LMFAO!
You shouldn't be surprised! And I don't think you are!
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

UPDATE on the Updates:

I've compiled and posted our new rankings for the minimumweights, light flyweights, and flyweights. I'm going to take a break from our rankings to update our listings of The Ring's.

That gives more time to those who have yet to update their top ten lists. I would really appreciate it if those lists were updated by the time I get finished with The Ring's.

Thanks in advance.
DBO
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges
Only DBO & Marciano have won All 3 Challenges

Post by DBO »

I just made Wednesday's changes.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

DBO wrote:I just made Wednesday's changes.
Thanks.

So far, I've compiled and posted the new rankings for the minimumweight division through the lightweight division. Nine divisions down; eight to go along with the P4P rankings.

I've also updated our listings of The Ring's ratings.

It's dinner time so I'll get back to our rankings in an hour or so.
KSTAT124

Post by KSTAT124 »

The new rankings are compiled and posted.

There are still three top ten lists, one for the heavyweight divisipn, one for the light heavyweight division, and one for the middleweight division, that need to be updated. I salvaged them the best I could but it would be better that for our next rankings,t hose through October 22, the lists were actually updated by the posters themselves.

Here's the link to our new rankings:

http://www.the13thround.com/phpBB2/view ... 9&t=109880

Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”