Who Wins & How? USYK vs FURY

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Re: Fury-Usyk off

Post by marciano1952 »

Fury has never been this difficult in negotiations….wonder if he is having trouble figuring Usyk out…..Fury has pretty much stuck to slugger type fighter lately with taki BFF on any crafty boxers
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
chef97

Post by chef97 »

Fury scurd
Chef
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Fury cycling his PEDs... jk

Def the fight to make right now with beterbiev vs bivol

Sadly we might end up with charr vs fury

Dubois VS Usyk next
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Usyk was training through the whole process. I doubt Fury did much of anything or that he could have been ready by the end of April. One intended to fight, the other’s intentions I question.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Fury over played his hand, which he is doing a lot lately. No surprise Arum couldn't get the fight done in the middle east. Hearn is the only real international promoter who made big fights happen in the middle east. Moving the fight to England is what unravelled it.

From Usyk's perspective: he had agreed to his side of the purse for the middle east. Then he is told the fight is going to be in the UK and the revenue is going to be a lot smaller. Then he is told because the fight is in England Fury is the draw and should get the lion's share of the smaller pot. Usyk agrees to a purse less than half of what Fury is going to get but declares that he will give no further concesions, including dates and rematch terms.

Fury pushes back on the rematch terms and the fight is off.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Looks like it could be

Fury VS Joyce
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

None of the big fights ever happen anymore. You always got either 1 or both fighters involved in a negotiation these days being a Prima Donna.

In this case it's definitely Fury that's the problem.

Boxing needs a complete reset somehow. The business model for the sport is broken.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Boxer association is needed with their ranking, titles, online platform, owning venues.... retirement plans...

Apparently Spence vs Crawford will eventually happen. I am hoping Bivol VS Beterbiev happens too
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Bivol vs Beterbiev probably will.

Spence and Crawford. At this point I just want those 2 to get beat up, and put out to pasture. Crawford is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen personally.

Had the potential to be a true All Time Great. Ducked everybody there was to Duck.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Seeing report of Usyk vs Daniel Dubois in talks
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Fury vs Usyk signed for winter fight?

Post by marciano1952 »

Based

Re: Fury vs Usyk signed for winter fight?

Post by Based »

LFG!!!! December 23rd, damn I cannot believe this fight was made in the background like that. I think it was Fury's way to get his fight with Ngannue some attention (nice to help him get Francis a nice purse before he goes back to the UFC), while have the oil kings pay bank for the best fight in boxing with USYK.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Post by Primetyme199 »

Based wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:24 am LFG!!!! December 23rd, damn I cannot believe this fight was made in the background like that. I think it was Fury's way to get his fight with Ngannue some attention (nice to help him get Francis a nice purse before he goes back to the UFC), while have the oil kings pay bank for the best fight in boxing with USYK.
He won't be going back to the UFC, he has a contract with the PFL.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Based

Post by Based »

Primetyme199 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:37 pm
Based wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:24 am LFG!!!! December 23rd, damn I cannot believe this fight was made in the background like that. I think it was Fury's way to get his fight with Ngannue some attention (nice to help him get Francis a nice purse before he goes back to the UFC), while have the oil kings pay bank for the best fight in boxing with USYK.
Oh yes you are right. PFL gave up an arm and leg for Ngannue. Decisions like this will put them where Balltor went. I def think Jon Jones and Ngannue will eventually face off whether he's with the UFC or not. PS yall see that shit with Jon Jones brother Chandler Jones talking crazy about Aaron Hernandez and McDaniels on IG live????. Dude is in and out of mental hospitals. Sad to see a great player end up in that state.
the13r
TTR

Re: USYK vs FURY

Post by the13r »

mekane
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion
Donator & Superfights Challenge #2, 4 & 7 Champion

Post by mekane »

Anyone picking Usyk? I slightly favor Fury, 66-33 maybe?
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

mekane wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:50 pm Anyone picking Usyk? I slightly favor Fury, 66-33 maybe?
That sounds about right. I give Usyk a chance but not a great one.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I have called it 5yrs ago and I stand by my call, Usyk bests them all...
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

I hope Usyk wins.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Based wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:21 pm
Oh yes you are right. PFL gave up an arm and leg for Ngannue. Decisions like this will put them where Balltor went. I def think Jon Jones and Ngannue will eventually face off whether he's with the UFC or not. PS yall see that shit with Jon Jones brother Chandler Jones talking crazy about Aaron Hernandez and McDaniels on IG live????. Dude is in and out of mental hospitals. Sad to see a great player end up in that state.
I saw Chandler was in the news, he got arrested or something, but I haven’t read the article yet.

I’m not sure how the PFL does it, they must have great sales people for potential investors. They are constantly getting more and more money invested into the company each year but don’t turn a profit. Maybe everyone is just using it as a tax write off for their other business interests. There’s talk of the sports fund from Dubai investing heavily or buying a big piece of the PFL.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Primetyme199 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:25 pm
Based wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:21 pm

I saw Chandler was in the news, he got arrested or something, but I haven’t read the article yet.

I’m not sure how the PFL does it, they must have great sales people for potential investors. They are constantly getting more and more money invested into the company each year but don’t turn a profit. Maybe everyone is just using it as a tax write off for their other business interests. There’s talk of the sports fund from Dubai investing heavily or buying a big piece of the PFL.
Not to mention, the PFL was in talks to buy Bellator. Then throw in the Jake Paul deal and that PPV division or whatever they're going to be calling it.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”