Broner bows out of fight due to mental health concerns

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Broner bows out of fight due to mental health concerns

Post by Primetyme199 »

https://mmapayout.com/2022/08/17/broner ... -concerns/

On Monday, Adrien Broner announced that he was pulling out of his fight with Omar Figueroa this Saturday featured on Showtime Boxing due to mental health issues. Sergey Lipinets is stepping in last minute to fight Figueroa.

Broner announced via social media on Monday that he would not be in the fight.

“Sorry to all my fans but #MentalHealth is real and I’m not about to play inside the ring I’ve watched a lot of people die playing with they boxing career and that is something I won’t do just pray for me I love the sport of boxing to much to not give my all and I feel Like I came up short before because my mind wasn’t 100% there and I be dam if I make that mistake again I need to make some changes for the better instead of worrying about other people feelings and pleasing them when In all reality I have nothing to prove to nobody,”.

In the leadup to Saturday’s fight, Broner “walked out” of a virtual press conference to promote the fight.

Payout Perspective:

Obviously mental health is a serious issue. The question of whether Broner really is suffering from a mental health crisis or getting out of the fight because he is not prepared is a tough question to respond to at this time due to the complexities of mental health. As a promoter, its lucky that Lipinets was ready to step in otherwise this would have been the second boxing event canceled this month.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Cagiva9

Re: Broner bows out of fight due to mental health concerns

Post by Cagiva9 »

Overwhelmed by weighty issues?
Based

Post by Based »

I don't buy the Mental Health excuse from these spolied ass fighters. Boxing is top heavy, most of these fighters are riding it out to eat and living the struggle unlike the guys making excuses like Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner and Ryan Garcia who are pampared by their promoters and cherry picking fights throughout their careers. Luis Ortiz went into the Wilder fight after recovering from a stroke because he was struggling to pay medical bills for his daughter. A lot of people have mental health crisis's and still go work their 9-5. These millionaire cry babies just want attention and want people to feel bad for them. Broner was unprepared. He heard Danny Garcia mentioned it and thought it was a good excuse lol that's what I think.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Danny a cherry picker.? 🙄🙄🙄
Come on man, when has he ever taken an easier road?
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
kewlmodee

Post by kewlmodee »

I dunno man, those were real tears from Danny after his last fight.

As for Broner who knows.
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Broner's mental ilness is that he's extremely stupid and undisciplined.
Ledhed

Post by Ledhed »

Shame for Figueroa. He'd have beaten Broner. Lipinets takes advantage of his opportunity imo.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Canvas wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:26 am Broner's mental ilness is that he's extremely stupid and undisciplined.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Based

Post by Based »

straycat wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:53 pm Danny a cherry picker.? 🙄🙄🙄
Come on man, when has he ever taken an easier road?
Rod Saalka lol

and most of his fights he's always fighting overmatched opponents.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Ledhed wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:19 pm Shame for Figueroa. He'd have beaten Broner. Lipinets takes advantage of his opportunity imo.
Not sure about that, Fig has looked dreadful his last 3 fights.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

On another note, Navarette was awful in his fight vs Baez, losing every round on my card, but then he suddenly folded Baez with a body shot in the 6th. Looked like he had other things on his mind or was depleted from making weight.
Based

Post by Based »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:18 pm On another note, Navarette was awful in his fight vs Baez, losing every round on my card, but then he suddenly folded Baez with a body shot in the 6th. Looked like he had other things on his mind or was depleted from making weight.
Agreed, I even began to watch the Usman-Edwards fight over it, and all of a sudden he gets a liver shot KO. Navarette is gonna become the next Luis Nery. He's gonna eat himself out of a weight class that he should be dominating in. He's too small for 130. Stevenson would beat him in a one sided fight.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”