Best Wrestling Docs

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
the13r
TTR

Best Wrestling Docs

Post by the13r »

I am not a fan but have been dragged into the brutality of the outside the ring history of the "sport".

It's insane how the Von Eirichs have a bad similarity with the Chuvalos...

Watched the docs on them and many others like Beyond the mat... also watched the dark side of the ring serie

any other suggestions?
Primetyme199
TTR MMA Challenge #1 & 3 Champ

Re: Best Wrestling Docs

Post by Primetyme199 »

The dark side of the ring has a new season going on now.
The fighters he's beaten aren't even household names in their own household.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

There’s a 30 for 30 about Flair, the Andre documentary, the unreal story of professional wrestling, The sheik, Scott Hall the wrestler was a mini doc.

The A&E channel recently ran 2 hour documentary’s about Stone Cold Steve Austin, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Ultimate Warrior.

"Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of god."
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

There's also Wrestling With Shadows which is about Bret Hart that became about the Montreal Screwjob
gilgamesh
TTR's Round by Round Expert

Post by gilgamesh »

Most of 'em have already been covered. Although it's short, I enjoyed WWE's brief doc that came with "The History of the World Heavyweight Championship" just because I loved seeing the history of that title.

I wish it were a lot longer though.

But yeah most of the very best ones or go to's have already been mentioned here.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:36 am The dark side of the ring has a new season going on now.
Watched all the episodes so far, it's excellent
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

Primetyme199 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:43 am There’s a 30 for 30 about Flair, the Andre documentary, the unreal story of professional wrestling, The sheik, Scott Hall the wrestler was a mini doc.

The A&E channel recently ran 2 hour documentary’s about Stone Cold Steve Austin, "Macho Man" Randy Savage, "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Booker T, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Mick Foley and Ultimate Warrior.

Watched a few of the A&E and the Andre doc. The Flair 30 for 30 has alluded me so far... Hard one to find online... Most places hosting it has the wrong episode hosted with the nature boy title.

Ill check the other ones, I think I saw the Scott Hall one but not the Sheik.

TY!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

TheSickness316 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:42 am There's also Wrestling With Shadows which is about Bret Hart that became about the Montreal Screwjob
Watched a few doc on the screw job, ill check If I already seen this one! TY!
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

gilgamesh wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:42 am Most of 'em have already been covered. Although it's short, I enjoyed WWE's brief doc that came with "The History of the World Heavyweight Championship" just because I loved seeing the history of that title.

I wish it were a lot longer though.

But yeah most of the very best ones or go to's have already been mentioned here.
Seen a few WWE docs name "The history of..." but not sure I have seen that one. I'll check it out! Thank you Gil
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

the13r wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:20 pm
Primetyme199 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:43 am There’s a 30 for 30 about Flair, the Andre documentary, the unreal story of professional wrestling, The sheik, Scott Hall the wrestler was a mini doc.

Watched a few of the A&E and the Andre doc. The Flair 30 for 30 has alluded me so far... Hard one to find online... Most places hosting it has the wrong episode hosted with the nature boy title.

TY!
If you have ESPN+ you can watch the Ric Flair documentary on there.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Astor if you don’t have ESPN+ shoot me a message, I’ll give you my info.

gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

TheSickness316 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:33 pm

TY!
That was really good. Very sad in spots, but very good. Ric Flair will always be my favorite wrestler. Has been since I was a kid. I can't see anyone ever taking his place. Especially with the crap they call Wrestling these days. Nobody even comes close.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

gilgamesh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 pm

TY!
That was really good. Very sad in spots, but very good. Ric Flair will always be my favorite wrestler. Has been since I was a kid. I can't see anyone ever taking his place. Especially with the crap they call Wrestling these days. Nobody even comes close.
I tried recently to watch it and had to turn it off, pure garbage.

gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Primetyme199 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:49 pm
gilgamesh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:22 pm

I tried recently to watch it and had to turn it off, pure garbage.
What was so bad about it to you?
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Everything seems way to scripted, doesn’t seem like they can be themselves. The announcing team didn’t seem that good to me, to many scripted promos etc.

gilgamesh

Post by gilgamesh »

Primetyme199 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:51 pm Everything seems way to scripted, doesn’t seem like they can be themselves. The announcing team didn’t seem that good to me, to many scripted promos etc.
You're talking about Wrestling itself I take it? I thought you were talking about the Flair Doc.

I agree that Wrestling itself has gone to complete and utter shit. It's not even worthy of being called Wrestling anymore. It's Sports Entertainment, and all of your complaints about it are dead on. It's unwatchable.
Slippery Pete II

Post by Slippery Pete II »

I hadn't watched much wrestling recently until I was channel surfing a month or two ago and watched some AEW. The wrestling itself is excellent. They really seem to have come into their own lately. Kenny Omega is a great champion and fantastic wrestler. Good angles and story lines. I like where it's going lately.

WWE is unwatchable garbage. There are rumours floating around that McMahon is in talks to sell the company to cable giant Comcast, but that's just a rumour.

As far as documentaries are concerned I really wish somebody would do one on the original Sheik (Ed Farhat). He was legitimately one of the top draws of his time (well over 20 years) and along with Abdullah The Butcher practically invented hardcore wrestling.

There is a book on his life coming out in 2022 called "Blood and Fire". But I really would like to see a documentary dedicated to him and/or Abby. It would be cool to see all that old footage and hear stories about these guys. They come from a time when professional wrestling still had a mysterious side to it.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Slippery Pete II wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:51 am I hadn't watched much wrestling recently until I was channel surfing a month or two ago and watched some AEW. The wrestling itself is excellent. They really seem to have come into their own lately. Kenny Omega is a great champion and fantastic wrestler. Good angles and story lines. I like where it's going lately.

WWE is unwatchable garbage. There are rumours floating around that McMahon is in talks to sell the company to cable giant Comcast, but that's just a rumour.

As far as documentaries are concerned I really wish somebody would do one on the original Sheik (Ed Farhat). He was legitimately one of the top draws of his time (well over 20 years) and along with Abdullah The Butcher practically invented hardcore wrestling.

There is a book on his life coming out in 2022 called "Blood and Fire". But I really would like to see a documentary dedicated to him and/or Abby. It would be cool to see all that old footage and hear stories about these guys. They come from a time when professional wrestling still had a mysterious side to it.
People think he might be selling because of the recent releases especially since so many just didn't make any sense.

I have to catch up on AEW, but what I've seen (especially since I got their last PPV) it has been good, though I do question some things that they do.

WWE, they seem like they keep themselves from truly being productive. And when I say this, I mean when it comes to Raw and Smackdown. I love what they've been doing with Roman, but a lot of the other stuff is questionable at best. I like that they have Lashley as champion, but I got bored with him constantly fighting McIntyre. It's nice they're doing a match with him and Kofi, and technically how they did things, it makes sense, I wish they went about it differently. I also like the Alexa Bliss stuff. But the other stuff, it's like what's going on?

That brings me to NXT, which is run by Triple H. And I love watching that every week.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

gilgamesh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 pm
Primetyme199 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:51 pm Everything seems way to scripted, doesn’t seem like they can be themselves. The announcing team didn’t seem that good to me, to many scripted promos etc.
You're talking about Wrestling itself I take it? I thought you were talking about the Flair Doc.

I agree that Wrestling itself has gone to complete and utter shit. It's not even worthy of being called Wrestling anymore. It's Sports Entertainment, and all of your complaints about it are dead on. It's unwatchable.

Oh god yes, wrestling in general. Not the Flair doc, I loved that. I actually liked all the WWE docs I saw on A&E, I learned things I didn’t know.

TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Primetyme199 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 am
gilgamesh wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 pm

Oh god yes, wrestling in general. Not the Flair doc, I loved that. I actually liked all the WWE docs I saw on A&E, I learned things I didn’t know.
I hope they continue with those documentaries.
Primetyme199

Post by Primetyme199 »

Astor, there is a doc on tonight at 9 pm on the VICE channel about Chyna.

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”