AJ criticized Fury's win over Klitschko because he was too evasive

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
Papa1472002

AJ criticized Fury's win over Klitschko because he was too evasive

Post by Papa1472002 »

On this interview AJ said that all Fury did was "box and move" against Klitshko, and that he stole the titles because he circled around the ring too much. Then turns around and adopts the exact same gameplan against Ruiz and calls it a Masterclass. :lol: :lol:

@ 1:23 min mark

Mayz
TTR Contributor

Re: AJ criticized Fury's win over Klitschko because he was too evasive

Post by Mayz »

At least give Jarrell Millar his dues lol
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Lol at masterclass. Dude looked so terrified in that ring against a short out of shape Ruiz. No one save the promoter groupies are calling this master class. Wilder was correct in his assessment, he fought to survive and against that version of Ruiz in that ring it was enough. Leave it at that super fans, you're making the 3rd best heavy look worse than he already did.

Last edited by NoPropaganda 253 on Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

AJ should relinquish the titles.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

NoPropaganda 253 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:02 pm Lol at masterclass. Dude looked so terrified in that ring against a short out of shape Ruiz. No one save the promoter groupies are calling this master class. Wilder was correct in his assessment, he fought to survive and against that version of Ruiz in that ring it was enough. Leave it at that super fans, you're making the 3rd best heavy look worse than he already did.

I couldn't make it through the whole fight without failing asleep. My sentiments, if anyone cares, Ruiz didn't give himself the best chance to win and I'm very disappointed in him. Gave him more praise then almost any other fighter in history for his upset win. I'll give AJ credit for cutting back on the weight training and coming in 11lbs lighter and doing what he has to do. AJ at best is the number 3 heavyweight in the world.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

AJ did what he had to do to win. He won, and got his titles back. But let's not make it into anything more than that.

He's being praised on here, for doing something, others have been ridiculed relentlessly for doing.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

well guys he did exactly what he had to do... plain and simple... He tried going to war with Ruiz and loss... He went the safe route to make sure to win the rematch... and it was Ruiz' job to get in there and pressure him... he wasn't in shape enough.

First comparing the fury wlad fight and saying AJ's performance was similar is a lack in judgement. Fury took the evasive plan to another level and barely threw. AJ landed some nasty shots on Ruiz and threw punches.

Second this was a rematch of a fight he first loss for fighting more aggressive...

I critiqued Mayweather not for fighting evasive or defensive but because i knew the guy had spectacular talent, once in a lifetime type of talent and didn't exploit it to the fullest for the fans and his legacy because it was too risky. I would've liked to see Mayweather take more risk just so he could prove how phenomenal he was... could've pulled stuff that wasn't done before offensively. But i can't blame him for taking the safe route and marketing himself in a way that the purses just kept growing. Making money is now the new gauge in sport on how well you have done... The rest is second now.
TheSickness316

Post by TheSickness316 »

Instead of bashing Fury, Joshua should be thanking him. If it wasn't for Fury, Joshua wouldn't be where he is right now.
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

CAN I GET A TWO TIME, TWO TIME?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
ObJuan13

Post by ObJuan13 »

I don’t mind a guy doing what he has to do to win, in fact I respect and applaud it regardless of how boring...

But AJ is a hypocrite and comes off as a guy who doesn’t love fighting but loves the fame and money... Now all fighters love the money, but most seem to genuinely love fighting as well... I don’t get that sense from AJ. Boring fight that didn’t show much skill, but good win all the same
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Hillsinitialrebirth wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:06 pm AJ did what he had to do to win. He won, and got his titles back. But let's not make it into anything more than that.

He's being praised on here, for doing something, others have been ridiculed relentlessly for doing.
I don't think he's really being praised that much here. There is a lot more criticism and indifference than anything from what I've seen, and I'm sure we'll see more of it if he starts to make a career of uneventful decision wins
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I think everyone is of the same opinion. Aj acted like a true pro and fought an effective albeit safety first fight. Ruiz acted like an obese unprofessional slob
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:46 am I think everyone is of the same opinion. Aj acted like a true pro and fought an effective albeit safety first fight. Ruiz acted like an obese unprofessional slob
Don't worry, next time Ruiz will try harder :D

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”