Andy Ruiz looking slimmer

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
jeff_lacy_ko

Andy Ruiz looking slimmer

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Tocsin

Re: Andy Ruiz looking slimmer

Post by Tocsin »

More recent pic...

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Hes not going the buster Douglas route so far
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

He looks to be in tremendous shape. Maybe it's just that I've never noticed, but his leg muscles show very nice definition. Look like he's trying to prove his win wasn't fluke and given himself the best chance to win. If he wins the rematch, he set's himself up for life, his kids and his grand kids. It's nice too see a fighter make the most of the biggest opportunity of their career.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:01 pm Hes not going the buster Douglas route so far
The reverse Buster. I usually factor "drastic appearance change" as a negative to bet on, but I heard Joshua shed some dope gut as well so it's a wash.
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Whsts the asking price for this fight.
A FB blast says its outrageous but a link in it wants additional permission.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

It's on DAZN in the US. In the UK it costs about $30
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Joshua or Ruiz?

Who do you got?
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

There was an interview last week where he was asked the question about how much weight he lost. He said 3lbs and showed his belly.

I think Ruiz will come in lighter, but not sure it'll be as dramatic as people think... Probably beat for him to be heavy, makes him more durable.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 am Probably beat for him to be heavy, makes him more durable.
This has been my Thought every time the weight loss is brought up.....Lose to Much and i dont think he will be able to Walk through the Bombs he did he in the first fight....
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Mayz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 am There was an interview last week where he was asked the question about how much weight he lost. He said 3lbs and showed his belly.

I think Ruiz will come in lighter, but not sure it'll be as dramatic as people think... Probably beat for him to be heavy, makes him more durable.
Yeah, looking at Ruiz in a single photo might be a bit misleading. I’d be surprised if Ruiz wasn’t still well North of 250 on fight night. Which isn’t to say he won’t be in optimum shape for this fight.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

marciano1952 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:57 am
Mayz wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:59 am Probably beat for him to be heavy, makes him more durable.
This has been my Thought every time the weight loss is brought up.....Lose to Much and i dont think he will be able to Walk through the Bombs he did he in the first fight....
I don't think so, dudes thick legs and they are muscle not mass.
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Joshua getting knocked out again
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

ForceFed_231 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm thinking if I were walking around 24/7 with a 60 pound weight vest, my legs would be impressive also.
ForceFed_231

Post by ForceFed_231 »

Cagiva9 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:03 pm
ForceFed_231 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:23 pm

I'm thinking if I were walking around 24/7 with a 60 pound weight vest, my legs would be impressive also.
lol! True.
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

From the looks of him recently, these were just some flattering angles or he put weight back on.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Lol looks must be deceiving
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

What a revolting development. This has certainly taken some shine off this fight, at least for me. Andy has given himself almost no chance :(
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

there isnt much slimming about 283 lol
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Kev_OS

Post by Kev_OS »

From the weigh in, Andy looks like he's just happy to be there. I think he's doing a Chino Maidana and cashing out on this fight.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

Kev_OS wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:28 pm From the weigh in, Andy looks like he's just happy to be there. I think he's doing a Chino Maidana and cashing out on this fight.
kinda get the vibe that he knows he overachieved in the first fight. either that or hes been paid "step aside" money to flop... never know in this sport these days
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

From the weigh in, Andy looks like he's just happy to be there. I think he's doing a Chino Maidana and cashing out on this fight.
In Ruiz's defense, he was a lot like this during the first fight. I think he's just the stereotypical, 'Jolly Fat Guy', that's just who he is.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Ruiz is getting pasted. He had a full camp and came in bigger. He clearly partied it up. Hes never been known as big on training.

Ruiz will get a fight with wilder next year win or lose. Hes set
actionhound

Post by actionhound »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:01 pm Hes not going the buster Douglas route so far

Yeeeaaaaa... about that.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

actionhound wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Yeeeaaaaa... about that.
Hahahaha those pics were photoshopped i guess!!!

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”