RUIZ Jr got the upset vs JOSHUA Saturday

Section that includes boxing discussions and other combat sports.
jeff_lacy_ko

RUIZ Jr got the upset vs JOSHUA Saturday

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Rumor is to be confirmed Tuesday

2019 is the worst boxing year i can remember and its only April. What can still go wrong? Maybe jacobs v canelo ends in a headbutt no contest? Spence gets hurt training for porter?
Tocsin

Re: Joshua v Hunter

Post by Tocsin »

And just confirmed that Whyte now fighting Oscar Rivas. Although I think that's not a bad matchup.
marciano1952
TTR FBL CHAMPION
TTR FBL CHAMPION

Post by marciano1952 »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm And just confirmed that Whyte now fighting Oscar Rivas. Although I think that's not a bad matchup.
was just gonna post this when they reported it on the UK card.......This is a Good fight...
“Boxing right now is dying with its superstar Muhammad Ali fighting competitors not worthy to try for his crown.”
Black Belt Magazine, 1976
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

Be prepared for DAZN to raise prices yet again....
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Tocsin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 pm And just confirmed that Whyte now fighting Oscar Rivas. Although I think that's not a bad matchup.
Thats a good matchup
Tocsin

Post by Tocsin »

Apparently Whyte vs Rivas will be a WBC final eliminator
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

That's a good fight

AJ v Hunter - not great, but I guess the best that could get done to salvage the show
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I like the fight but doesn’t Ortiz still have time to accept or was that just some more fake news?
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

I read ortiz is the preferred opponent and would have to sign by monday. That is seen as very unlikely
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

That's a nice heavyweight scrap. A-Side Dillian is growing on me.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Whyte will fight anyone. Hes tough, fun style... a lot to like

Hopefully the wbc will force the mandatory but im guessing that wont happen for another year
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

Cagiva9 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:04 am I like the fight but doesn’t Ortiz still have time to accept or was that just some more fake news?
Who knows? Hopefully it's true and Ortiz accepts, but I kind of doubt it.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Canvas wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:51 am
Cagiva9 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:04 am I like the fight but doesn’t Ortiz still have time to accept or was that just some more fake news?
Who knows? Hopefully it's true and Ortiz accepts, but I kind of doubt it.
If Ortiz ends up refusing AND the offer to him was reasonable, 6 million or more, then I can think of only one reason. Maybe Ortiz can’t pass the PED test. If anyone has a better or even different explanation I’d like to hear it because I haven’t thought of it yet.
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

He legitimately has high blood pressure. He is most likely on a ped
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:24 pm He legitimately has high blood pressure. He is most likely on a ped
If there are no alternate meds that are not also masking agents then he should be a shoe-in for a therapeutic use exception. If not, he would not be able to box anymore and I’m pretty sure that’s not the case.
Hillsinitialrebirth

Post by Hillsinitialrebirth »

I'll say it again: If Ortiz is the preferred opponent as a replacement, why didn't they just target Ortiz as the original opponent?

Why not make a fight with an opponent, who is just overall better, than the garbage fight they were trying to make with Miller? Boxing is killing itself with bullshit like this. Just try to make the best fights possible....
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Ortiz shouldn't even be fighting if he needs drugs to control his blood pressure. He didn't even pass the blood pressure test before the Wilder fight... Hope I'm wrong, but he's an accident waiting to happen...

If he's using drugs which can be a masking agent, as he's been caught if doing in the past, there is no doubt a guy who has been caught using drugs before will be taking advantage and masking other drugs.

Boxing needs to learn from the Miller debacle and just ban these bums for life.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ8IZ3iW_UM&t=4m43s
HAHAHAHA!! :lol: :lol:

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

what a debacle. Maybe Wlad will make his April Fools joke true and come back for a rematch. Better than the options listed lol
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Ortiz rejects "lowball" offer ...okay, so what the offer was we don't know. Very hard to know what to believe here :?
A statement read: “It’s a no go for June 1…Sorry guys we where [sic] told to stay as quiet as possible and play possum until fight had been made because every time someone called out Luis it would be a gimmick to promote them self but it still didn’t work.

“We just received word from promoter it’s a no go and it was all a gimmick and Hearn’s low ball offers will not be accepted and no contract even ever got sent over so sorry to all the loyal fans.

“Luis really wanted this title shot.”
https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5318 ... die-hearn/
Danielk015

Post by Danielk015 »

what is up with these so-called negotiations. Ortiz' promoter said he got a low ball offer so he just sat on the toilet and wiped his ass with it? Did he even try to make a counter? Like really negotiate? WTF
jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

Hard to know whats true... but i said hearn was full of shit and hunter was signed 2 weeks ago for this and was called a conspiracy theorist
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

Danielk015 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:43 pm what is up with these so-called negotiations. Ortiz' promoter said he got a low ball offer so he just sat on the toilet and wiped his ass with it? Did he even try to make a counter? Like really negotiate? WTF
So Ortiz had a real offer on the table and just rejected it?

I bet it was in the millions.

'You know why Deontay Wilder sucks? Let me break it down for his bumboys, fanboys and internet fans that like sucking him off. AJ loses. He was so over the moon, so happy. Dude they was offering you more than $100m to fight him! You made 4-5m to fight Ortiz bruv! Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid?!' - Dillian Whyte

'Eddie Hearn has almost single-handedly helped raise the profile of boxing in the U.S.' - Kevin Iole
Mayz
TTR Contributor

Post by Mayz »

jeff_lacy_ko wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:52 pm Hard to know whats true... but i said hearn was full of shit and hunter was signed 2 weeks ago for this and was called a conspiracy theorist
Lol, still suggesting the conspiracy is on, when Hunter is just the most obvious choice.

Hearn has VADA in his pocket :wink:

jeff_lacy_ko

Post by jeff_lacy_ko »

No... i just know promoter bullshit. For some reason you believe it.
NoPropaganda 253

Post by NoPropaganda 253 »

Danielk015 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:43 pm what is up with these so-called negotiations. Ortiz' promoter said he got a low ball offer so he just sat on the toilet and wiped his ass with it? Did he even try to make a counter? Like really negotiate? WTF
What was the offer? Short notice, short training camp means something.

"Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups."

Return to “Boxing & Combat Sports Discussions”