Candied Cashews Recipe

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

Candied Cashews Recipe

Post by chef97 »

An awesome snack / treat for adults as well as kids for any Holiday get-together with family & freinds.... You can also double this recipe because you will never have enough of these treats.... :D

2 cups raw unsalted cashews
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Put the nuts, sugar, water, and salt into a large skillet over high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and cook until the water is nearly evaporated and the liquid becomes syrupy, about 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes, sprinkle the Cinnamon over the nuts and stir well. Continue stirring constantly while the water evaporates completely, about 5 minutes. When there is no longer any sugar syrup left in the bottom of the pan, turn off the heat and stir the nuts vigorously but carefully in the pan until the sugar seizes up and the nuts are evenly coated with crystallized sugar.

Turn the nuts out onto the lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Cool completely before sifting the excess sugar from the coated nuts and storing in an airtight container.

Chef's Note: DO NOT touch the nuts at any time while cooking or just afterward. Cooked sugar is extremely hot and can burn instantly when touched. . And as always, happy cooking!
Chef
chef97

Re: Candied Cashews Recipe

Post by chef97 »

I made this recipe recently but I used Pecans because they are so much cheaper than Cashews.... Here in AZ Cashews are $5.69 per LB..... That is as much as sirloin steak is per LB..... :shock:
Chef
tmoney1224

Re: Candied Cashews Recipe

Post by tmoney1224 »

All the nuts around here are ridiculously expensive. Even the pecans are 5.99lb. I have no idea what is going on.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”