OT: The beer thread

Food & beverages Discussions
gomez1012

Re: OT: The beer thread

Post by gomez1012 »

LOL at Kirkland Light Beer

Their Reposado/Anejo Tequila is not bad at all. $20 for a 1 L bottle.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

gomez1012 wrote:LOL at Kirkland Light Beer

I'll post some pics this weekend. They don't sell the booze in New York, just beer.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Their Kirkland Brand liquor is straight off the line from some of the top shelf distilleries. Their Vodka comes from Grey Goose supposedly and is made with the same ingredients and is distilled 5x like Grey Goose is.
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:

Their Kirkland Brand liquor is straight off the line from some of the top shelf distilleries. Their Vodka comes from Grey Goose supposedly and is made with the same ingredients and is distilled 5x like Grey Goose is.
For tequila, the NOM number should tell you what distillery it came from Image
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Cagiva9 wrote:
yoloswaggy911 wrote:

For tequila, the NOM number should tell you what distillery it came from Image

Gracias señor
RimmyJice

Post by RimmyJice »

hardcorebee24 wrote:I bought Kirkland Light Beer today from Costco out of pure curiosity. It was 20 bucks for 48 beers. It's as awful as one would expect a 42 cent beer to be but it's 42 cents a beer. I'll keep you guys updated on how much I drink lol.
Looking like a boss though, with beer bought from Costco.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Miller High Life/Heineken > anything ranked above them.

gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

had some Campfire Stout over the weekend

tasty brew, really does have a s'mores flavor
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

regulardude wrote:Damn. Chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmellow. Sounds delicious. Never heard of the brewery, though. I should move to Cali.

I've been drinking a good deal of the Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale, which is a seasonal that's about to leave shelves. It's got a nice, nutty, toasty flavor, malt-forward, bit of a hoppy finish. Good to have a couple-few and relax.
I knew you liked sweaty nut flavor. Unreal. Your poor wife.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

I've been really missing this stuff but it was back at Trader Joes this weekend :D . I was told there was a dispute between Firestone Brewery and Joes a few months back but if there was they must have settled it. The Brown Ale (5.7%) is a really great everyday brew for $1.99/22 oz bottle. I didn't see the Anniversary Ale but that stuff has substantially more kick (8.5%) to it for just another buck a bottle. Welcome news to me on a weekend unexpectedly in the 90's
Canvas

Post by Canvas »

regulardude wrote:I'm familiar with Kirkland brand beer from Costco.

I am....ashamed.
why? drink it cold and squeeze some lime into it, you're good. Invest the savings into your 401k

honestly, I'm a reformed beer snob. I just got tired of the whole thing. 23 years ago I was introduced to my first craft brewery. I soon knew every beer in North America and most major international brews. Now there are thousands of micro brews with stupid names and every dude sumbitch and his three legged dog is a beer connoisseur who turns his nose up at mainstream brands.

Let me fill you in on something: Budweiser is one of the most precisely crafted and most difficult beers to brew. I still drink a bit of everything but I keep it to myself....and I still enjoy a nice cold coors banquet on a scorching day.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

the OG Coors is a great tasting beer.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

i dont always drink beer... but when i do... i drink dos equis
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

TopNotch86 wrote:i dont always drink beer... but when i do... i drink dos equis
Have you tried Negra Modelo? Best beer out of Mexico for sure
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

yoloswaggy911 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:i dont always drink beer... but when i do... i drink dos equis
Have you tried Negra Modelo? Best beer out of Mexico for sure
Literally been drinking those since 10th grade. So 20 years. Good shit.
TopNotch86

Post by TopNotch86 »

yea but im not a fan of dark beers like that.
"He's a fighter, I'm a fighter, if I'm better on that day, I win. That's just the way it goes. Someday, every fighter loses. Sooner or later, somebody comes along and they got your ticket. Too old, just wasn't your day, whatever the reason is. In the end, everybody gets beaten. The most you can hope for is that you stay on top a while. Be the best."
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

TopNotch86 wrote:yea but im not a fan of dark beers like that.
I like 21st Amendment's Back in Black IPA, dont drink too many dark brews. In the winter, do drink more of Lagunitas Imperial Stout

Canvas

Post by Canvas »

regulardude wrote:Damn. Chocolate, graham cracker, and marshmellow. Sounds delicious. Never heard of the brewery, though. I should move to Cali.

I've been drinking a good deal of the Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale, which is a seasonal that's about to leave shelves. It's got a nice, nutty, toasty flavor, malt-forward, bit of a hoppy finish. Good to have a couple-few and relax.
I thought I had tried everything that Great Lakes Brewers makes, but I've never heard of Conway's Irish Ale. Is there more than one Great Lakes?

edit- I just googled it. there is Great Lakes Brewery out of Toronto, and Great Lakes Brewery out of Cleveland.

http://greatlakesbeer.com/

https://www.greatlakesbrewing.com
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:Picked a 4-pack of Founders Curmudgeon on way home today. Typical great brew from them.
I dont like this one. Too boozy. Nice buzz though.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:Picked a 4-pack of Founders Curmudgeon on way home today. Typical great brew from them.
I dont like this one. Too boozy. Nice buzz though.
I'm generally a high ABV, strong flavor kind of guy guy, unless I'm going to a party, in which case I usually pick up some of this local pilsener I really like that's relatively light and easy drinking, but old world style so slightly hoppy and very flavorful and about 5% ABV. That's session level for me, but I'm a fairly big guy and have a high tolerance. When drinking at home, I like the booziness as long as it's fairly balanced and doesn't taste almost like they blended in grain alcohol to amp it up like most cheap high ABV beers taste. I can't tell if this one is so much boozy tasting, although there's some of that for sure, or if it's more the maltiness and molasses.

Drank two of the Founder's Curmudgeon last night. Out of all of their beer that I've had I liked this the least, actually I didn't really like it at all. This wasn't because of anything they did per say. This beer didn't appeal to my taste. I've had other Old English Style Ale's and Barley Wines that I've liked, so I don't' think the style was the problem. It pours a amber/reddish color with small head I drank it out of a standard American Pint glass. Immediately when you smell it you smell the fruit and oak, very pleasant. Upon taste it was just too boozy. I drank the first beer and it actually left a nice after taste. The second beer I had was much colder and seemed less strong. Maybe because I was used to it? I don't know. I was better than the first but still had a very strong booze taste to it. I looked up reviews and other people report tasting bourbon as well and they seemed to like that. I didn't much care for it in that I felt it was overpowering an otherwise tasty beer. As with everything Founders the quality was top notch.

Here's my review from last January. I haven't been drinking as much this year lol. :D
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

[youtubefullurl]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VKIY5fNqNc[/youtubefullurl]
5_burowz

Post by 5_burowz »

Lagunitas Equinox on point
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

5_burowz wrote:Lagunitas Equinox on point
This shit will fuck with your equilibrium if you are not careful.
https://lagunitas.com/beers/undercover- ... shut-down/
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

gomez1012 wrote:
TopNotch86 wrote:yea but im not a fan of dark beers like that.
I like 21st Amendment's Back in Black IPA, dont drink too many dark brews. In the winter, do drink more of Lagunitas Imperial Stout

Drank that the last time I was in San Fran.

Fucking Delicious. Next time I'm up there I think I might check out the brewery.
straycat
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Post by straycat »

Trued a limited release from Lagunitas called "Gnarly Wine", a pretty potent ale.
Anything Lagunitas is top notch.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”