wimpy

Re: OT: The beer thread

Post by wimpy »

gomez1012 wrote:Had this beer last night

This beer right here. :shock:

STRONG Triple IPA

One had me feeling good!
Was it very hoppy?
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Pretty damn hoppy. Felt like a shot after a few sips haha
jsant09

Post by jsant09 »

Some of the best beers I've recently tried:

Ommegang Fleur de Hoblon
Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA
Uinta Hop Nosh IPA
Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter

Highly recommend all.
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

Dog Fish Head Indian Brown Ale @ the Duder's suggestion very good. That is all.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:I'm transitioning to drinking more red wine and trying to stay away from beer mostly these days. More expensive, but so much healthier and you don't feel like a bloated pile of shit after drinking a lot.
What the fuck is happening? Are you fucking serious? Jesus.
"Secrecy is for losers. For people who don't realize how important information really is."
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:
I've always liked wine, and I still drink beer occasionally, particularly when fishing, but times are a-changin'. Just at a basic nutritional level, a bottle of red wine is generally under 700 calories and under 25 grams of carbs. With the type of beer I normally drink, that's about as many calories as 3 12oz bottles, but the alcohol content of 4, and with about 1/3 the carbs, and I rarely drink less than a 6 pack when I drink beer. Biggest issue to me is cost. Even finding good bottles at $10-$12 is a bump up money wise, and if I'm drinking at a party, I can down two bottles of wine pretty quick without much effect. I can drink a 12-pack of something like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale at a party at a consistent pace and you'd have trouble telling I'd had anything to drink at all. Being able to drink a lot is more of a curse than a gift. It's definitely a genetic thing, because I could already drink more than most people even when I first started drinking back in the day. It makes it so you can party longer without having to worry as much about getting completely shitfaced, but monetarily it fucking sucks.
You had a kid. That's what happened. Man o man. If I make to Austin, I guess I'll now have to bring you a bottle of our wine instead of a 12 pack of our beer. Fuck. Another one bites the dust. :D :D :D :D
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:My tastes are still much more refined when it comes to beer. I don't consistently buy the same wines or remember what I bought, particularly because it seems like different vintage years can vary so much in taste. I basically drink medium to heavy reds, and my strategy when shopping is to look for whatever is normally about $15 but on sale for $10 or less and just buy that :lol: Almost always works out pretty well.
Well, thanks for ruining the beer thread. i'll bring you a nice Pinot Noir. You down for Moto GP?
hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:Still actually never been out there. I'm a native Austinite; so I often stay away from most of the big events that bring in tons of people. Mass transit here is shit so traffic gets awful. Definitely down for some beers. If you come, let me know; lots of low key local places with great food and drinks.
Since nobody gives a rats ass about motorcycle racing in this country I've been told there isn't a huge swell in in people. This year there were seats in the front row day of events. Anyway, I will and if you're in town here do the same.
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

I miss Tmoney... i have to try making some beer
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Been on a kick of Pyramid Hefeweizen during the warmer days this month

Cagiva9

Post by Cagiva9 »

Picked up a six pack of this Small Town Brewery root beer at Trader Joes last night. It comes in 3 varieties, 5.9%, 10.9% and 19.5% alcohol. I picked up the 5.9% as this is all they had. True story...I put the six pack in our garage fridge and while I was doing something else my wife got into it and knocked down two bottles before I could tell her it was alcoholic, she had no idea. I tasted one but really, I thought it was pretty good for root beer but it didn't really hit the spot as a beer would have. I'm curious enough though now to seek out the 10.9% and 19.5% versions and give them a try too.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

Cagiva9 wrote:Image

Picked up a six pack of this Small Town Brewery root beer at Trader Joes last night. It comes in 3 varieties, 5.9%, 10.9% and 19.5% alcohol. I picked up the 5.9% as this is all they had. True story...I put the six pack in our garage fridge and while I was doing something else my wife got into it and knocked down two bottles before I could tell her it was alcoholic, she had no idea. I tasted one but really, I thought it was pretty good for root beer but it didn't really hit the spot as a beer would have. I'm curious enough though now to seek out the 10.9% and 19.5% versions and give them a try too.

haha awesome, I'm going to look around for that those
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

I tried that Root Beer Ale the other day, kinda reminded me a bit of A&W root beer, but then it tastes more like medicine

like you just drank some Robitussin
the13r
TTR

Post by the13r »

St-Ambroise Double IPA 8% is my fav these last few days :D
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Double IPAs. Yes.

Altamont Brewery in Livermore, CA has some tasty stuff. I really enjoy these 3
http://altamontbeerworks.com/#latest-work

Hella Hoppy 9% ABV
“Hella” is a NorCal thing, and when used, is a sure tip-off that you are from Northern California. A classic “West Coast” Double IPA; clean malt flavor, hop flavor forward, without all the bitterness. Hella …
MacDrizzle 9.2% ABV
Paying tribute to Bay Area’s own, the late and great Mac Dre. This Imperial Cascadian Dark Ale has a deep malt flavor that finishes dry with an insane tropical hop flavor and aroma. “The Boss
Maui Waui 6.5% ABV
A more tropical approach to your “West Coast” style IPA; Maui Waui has proven to be one of our more popular beers! This single malt IPA is light in color and body; with a soft …
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

regulardude wrote:Image
One of my most favorite beers, all time.
“When the people find that they can vote themselves money that will herald the end of the republic.”

― Benjamin Franklin
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

What kind of brew is that? Looks delicious.
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

gomez1012 wrote:What kind of brew is that? Looks delicious.
It's an old German dark lager that dates back into the 1500's. About 10-12 years ago, when I was in the Air Force, there was a flying crew chief in my flight who would purchase this beer when he was in Germany. He brought me a few to try. I requested the local store on base carry it, so I had it available all the time. It's very smooth in flavor.

― Benjamin Franklin
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

wimpy wrote:
It's an old German dark lager that dates back into the 1500's. About 10-12 years ago, when I was in the Air Force, there was a flying crew chief in my flight who would purchase this beer when he was in Germany. He brought me a few to try. I requested the local store on base carry it, so I had it available all the time. It's very smooth in flavor.
Nice. I see that they have it at BevMo! Going to give it a try this weekend.
gomez1012

Post by gomez1012 »

Sounds good.

I do like the dark brews too, more in the winter tho. I enjoy the Black IPA from 21st Amendment, Guiness, and Negra Modelo, Laguinitas Imperial Stout all go to's during the colder months
wimpy

Post by wimpy »

gomez1012 wrote:
wimpy wrote:
Nice. I see that they have it at BevMo! Going to give it a try this weekend.
Did you try one?

― Benjamin Franklin
J.J.Dillon
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ
TTR Challenge # 21 Champ

Post by J.J.Dillon »

Now that SABMiller and AB InBev are merging, sources say that the combined company's lineup of shitty beers will need to be streamlined in order to increase efficiency and eliminate redundancy.

After the merger, the following brands will comprise the new SABMillerInBev roster:

1- Stella Artois

2- St. Pauli Girl

3 - the rest, which will be dumped and combined into one giant tank for easy bottling and will go into a newly labelled can:

hardcorebee24

Post by hardcorebee24 »

stenchasaurous wrote:4 reasons never to drink Budweiser ever again

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/14/4_reaso ... n_partner/
So fitting. All that shit is right in line with the values of our resident "Patriots" that post on this site. Sucks that a lot of my good craft beer is being bought out by InBev.
yoloswaggy911

Post by yoloswaggy911 »

hardcorebee24 wrote:
stenchasaurous wrote:4 reasons never to drink Budweiser ever again

http://www.salon.com/2016/05/14/4_reaso ... n_partner/
So fitting. All that shit is right in line with the values of our resident "Patriots" that post on this site. Sucks that a lot of my good craft beer is being bought out by InBev.

Really, why?

Only asking because the large breweries are very fucking good at making large batches of beer with consistency that is unheard of. Something smaller breweries are enviable of.

Anyways, if you're upset that a larger brewery is making so called "craft" beers it seems to me it smacks of hipsterism.

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”