Liverwurst Sandwiches

Food & beverages Discussions
straycat
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
TTR Superfights Challenge #9 Champion
Location: We Miss You Buddy, Though You're Gone You Are Not Forgotten!

Liverwurst Sandwiches

Post by straycat »

Seams like a lot of Deli's are giving up on this tasty item and you have to practically go out of your way to find one that still makes them.
Whats the deal here.
Ĩ ÁM ŚŤŔÁŶČÁŤ ÁŃĎ Ĩ ÁPPŔŐVĔ ŤĤĨŚ MĔŚŚÁĞĔ
>^^< ŚŤŔÚŤ!
ScapposeJohn commenting on Shane Mosely possibly being unaware he was taking PED's wrote: Likewise. It reminds me of President Clinton saying that he smoked weed in college but never inhaled. Yeah..........right.
classicboxfan

Re: Liverwurst Sandwiches

Post by classicboxfan »

straycat wrote:Seams like a lot of Deli's are giving up on this tasty item and you have to practically go out of your way to find one that still makes them.
Whats the deal here.

On fresh crusty rye bread with raw onion and tons of quality brown mustard you cannot go wrong ! ( and don't forget the pickles)

one caveat : it has to be natural casing. The era of plastic casings is upon us and it dramatically effecting the quality of the product IMHO

straycat, forget liverwurst, it's getting harder and harder these days to find a good deli PERIOD. There used to be several quality "old-fashioned hole-in-the-wall " type joints in my surrounding area. All gone.

This is the age of franchise fast-food. The small, personal, family-owned, "quality-is-my-reputation" places are dwindling away. It seems like only yesterday I could walk to the neighborhood deli, order a turkey club sandwich and I could watch the clerk put the whole cooked turkey ( and not an extruded paste block) on the slicer and slice it thick ! While I waited for my club and crispy fries I could munch on lots of sour pickles that were in a stainless steel bowl right on the table ( as many as I could eat) ! Remember when the tables had dishes of condiments right on the table ? Now they give you a sliver of pickle on your dish that you can read the paper through :)

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”