Pork Chops w/ Beer & Bacon Gravy

Food & beverages Discussions
chef97

Pork Chops w/ Beer & Bacon Gravy

Post by chef97 »

This isn't my original recipe it is a variation of a Chef buddy of mine....

Ingredients
4 bone-in pork chops, just over 1-inch thick
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon olive oil, plus a drizzle
2 thick slices smoky bacon from deli counter, diced 1/4-inch
1 medium onion, diced 1/4-inch
2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 bottle amber to dark German beer (I used Beck's Dark Beer)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
Chopped parsley, for garnish

Directions

Season the chops liberally with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil smokes, add the chops and cook, turning once, until caramelized and the meat is just turning firm, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove to a platter and cover with foil, reserve.

Add a drizzle more oil to the pan, add bacon and brown for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the onions and garlic and saute over medium heat with the bacon until soft, 6 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, stir for 1 minute, then add the beer and continue to stir. Cook until beer is reduced by half, 1 to 2 minutes more, then whisk in the stock. Remove from the heat and season with more pepper and add lemon zest. Pour the gravy over the chops, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.

And as always, Happy Cooking!
Chef
pafoti
TTR Donator II

Post by pafoti »

I can smell it through my screen! I think I may give that a whirl this weekend. Should you flip the chops at about 6 minutes?

On a different note, can you recommend a good knife set. I'm getting tired of my cheapos dulling when I cut a lime!
GREYGTBANDIT
chef97

Post by chef97 »

pafoti wrote:I can smell it through my screen! I think I may give that a whirl this weekend. Should you flip the chops at about 6 minutes?

On a different note, can you recommend a good knife set. I'm getting tired of my cheapos dulling when I cut a lime!
I own two sets of Wusthof knives a set for work and home... They are kinda pricey but are guaranteed for life if the tip breaks or the handle.... Check this website the have my brand and many others too and buy a good "Chef knife" because you can use it for everything in the kitchen and the edge lasts a long time....

http://www.chefknivestogo.com/chef-knives.html
Chef

Return to “Chef's Kitchen”